Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:05 am

Typically how long does it take for the miles to post? Im looking to get skymiles to redeem for a flight on the aug 27th with award space. Any chance of getting a early statement closing and having the miles post + book before then?

Last edited by ktkw; Aug 1, 2014 at 12:21 am
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by ktkw
Typically how long does it take for the miles to post? Im looking to get skymiles to redeem for a flight on the aug 27th with award space. Any chance of getting a early statement closing and having the miles post + book before then?
Miles usually post a day after the statement posts.

The only way to know is to apply, get approved and a week from now when you activate the card ask for the statement to close by Aug 23.

Then hope the flight is still available for the same miles as today.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Miles usually post a day after the statement posts.

The only way to know is to apply, get approved and a week from now when you activate the card ask for the statement to close by Aug 23.

Then hope the flight is still available for the same miles as today.
Amex allows you to change the first closing date for a new card? As far as I know citi only allow you to change from the second cycle..
Old Aug 2, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by kasan08
Amex allows you to change the first closing date for a new card? As far as I know citi only allow you to change from the second cycle..

I have no idea, that's why I said to ask upon activation.

I have no Idea how Citi applies to Amex though.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I have no idea, that's why I said to ask upon activation.

I have no Idea how Citi applies to Amex though.

Talked to an Amex rep this morning. According to her words, you can not change the closing date if you are already in this cycle.. So the only possibility to change the date for a new card may be when you activate the card.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
i had the delta gold card before and applied for the delta platinum card. phone rep told me I would qualify for the signup bonus since I never had the platinum card before. is he right?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by michael_v
Blog post about 2 new offers that can be had on the phone supposedly:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/two-am...miles-15k-mqm/
The personal Gold card (50k + $50) can be accessed when you sign up for a new SkyMiles account. The application is embedded in the application and will show after creating your skymiles account.

Last edited by johnnie198x; Aug 4, 2014 at 12:20 pm Reason: Clarify
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:24 pm

Applied and got approved for the gold card 6 days ago. This morning call them again trying to apply for the platinum version and did not get through. Then checked the status online and it said cancelled. The rep said because I have already got the gold card last week, the system just declined my application automatically and even they can manually process my application, I will not get the sign on bonus.. The rep said the system did not pull my credit report, hope he is correct..
Old Aug 4, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
The personal Gold card (50k + $50) can be accessed when you sign up for a new SkyMiles account. The application is embedded in the application and will show after creating your skymiles account.
Does that include the business card? Do any data from your Skymiles application go over to the Amex application without being editable?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by michael_v
Does that include the business card? Do any data from your Skymiles application go over to the Amex application without being editable?
No, I only saw the personal card. The delta number was transferred over and not editable. You can change everything else.
The phone method is easier. I'm just putting this out there as FYI.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: UAL 1K 1.3MM till 1/31/2015 Bye Smissek, Delta Plat. Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by cb11
Anyone success with this?
Worked for me with Delta Platinum Card. 45K miles, 15K MQM and $100 statement credit. Whole process took 15 mins. Approved while on phone.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:18 pm

I applied for a Delta card today and after I hit apply it went through the motions and I got this:

"We are sorry.
Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call us at 1-800-519-6736 to apply for a Card. We apologize for any inconvenience."

but when I checked app status page, the app is pending, and I called and they said it's pending and been sent for manual review.

Anyone gotten that before? It's very strange to say the least.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
Ongoing offers for Delta Amex [Master Thread]

I used the doctor of credit link for the Plat and I received my $100 SC 3 days after paying my award ticket taxes and fees.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
HansDKNY let me know that a special 50K offer is being offered for those who sign for Skymiles. Might be targeted.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: A Few Here, A Few There
Just got off a 20 minute phone call via the number provided, initially she gave me the 35k + 5k standard platinum offer until I mentioned "my email" and gave her the number then it jumped to the stated offer of 45/15 and $100 statement cred. Approved and happy, thanks for the post!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.