Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
^ Thank You. I guess we'll have to use up most of the current points, then cancel the personal, before we apply for the business card. A little awkward, but doable.
? I don't think you need to cancel the personal to apply for the business card. You will be assigned a new account number for the business account.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
^ Thank You. I guess we'll have to use up most of the current points, then cancel the personal, before we apply for the business card. A little awkward, but doable.
Originally Posted by GoGreen
? I don't think you need to cancel the personal to apply for the business card. You will be assigned a new account number for the business account.
Correct. Then you decide which Club Carlson account you want to keep, and move the points to that account. After that you can cancel the personal card as there is no benefit to keep 2 cards now and the business card has lower AF.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:03 pm

I want to stay 4 nights at Radisson Blu Madrid in March. I already booked 2 of those nights prior to award devaluation last year and was planning on changing hotels, but now I want to do all 4 nights here. I have 1 free night certificate that I'll use and my mother (same last name) has a free night cert that she probably won't use prior to expiration. She's not traveling with me and my wife. Will I be able to use her free night cert to combine with my current reservation? I could put a comment on her reservation that I'm going to check in. The problem is that the existing reservation is for the first 2 nights, so her cert would have to be for the 3rd or 4th night. I wonder if I could just tell the front desk that she's coming later and she wants me to check in for the entire reservation.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I want to stay 4 nights at Radisson Blu Madrid in March. I already booked 2 of those nights prior to award devaluation last year and was planning on changing hotels, but now I want to do all 4 nights here. I have 1 free night certificate that I'll use and my mother (same last name) has a free night cert that she probably won't use prior to expiration. She's not traveling with me and my wife. Will I be able to use her free night cert to combine with my current reservation? I could put a comment on her reservation that I'm going to check in. The problem is that the existing reservation is for the first 2 nights, so her cert would have to be for the 3rd or 4th night. I wonder if I could just tell the front desk that she's coming later and she wants me to check in for the entire reservation.
It is possible. When you make her reservation, add your name to the reservation. Also add it to the special requests. That will do it. If you want reassurance, call/email customer service and the hotel just adding your name. No need to tell them lengthy stories.

Once you arrive at the hotel, ask them to merge all the reservations. They will probably see it and do it before hand. Tell them mother is coming later on different flight.

Have done this multiple times, different hotel programs, pretty standard.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:42 am

Thanks for the tips!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Correct. Then you decide which Club Carlson account you want to keep, and move the points to that account. After that you can cancel the personal card as there is no benefit to keep 2 cards now and the business card has lower AF.
Really? Why didn't I know that was possible?

Just call and ask them to move from one account to another? Is there a way to do it online that I haven't seen?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ops5
Really? Why didn't I know that was possible?

Just call and ask them to move from one account to another? Is there a way to do it online that I haven't seen?
No online form but you can email them to do the point movement. Calling is quicker. They do not ask you any question. You can move pts from OTHER's account to yours, not just your own accounts. We did that often between spousal accounts for redemption.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:00 pm

No retentions post for this card?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
No retentions post for this card?
No. US Bank will tell you the anniversary bonus is your retention. Else you are more than welcome to cancel your card.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:14 am

No. US Bank will tell you the anniversary bonus is your retention. Else you are more than welcome to cancel your card.
I'd be happy with a free night cert since I never got one on my account.

Has anyone heard of them granting a cert over the phone, or only through the online messages? My account is screwed up and I cannot use the SM center. No matter how many times I call and they insist that they'll fix it nothing ever happens.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Deleted - cross post. Just to note that I received a free night (USA only) in addition to 40K points on renewal.

Last edited by Boraxo; Feb 5, 2016 at 2:07 am
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Deleted - cross post. Just to note that I received a free night (USA only) in addition to 40K points on renewal.
How much did you spend on the card for the past cardmember year?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Superorb
How much did you spend on the card for the past cardmember year?
$0 but I did take advantage of the 0% cash advance offer so they like me
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I too, got the cert out of the blue though my 40K is not posted yet - last year the 40K posted on Feb 19, a day after the 2nd statement closed after the statement on which the AF was billed. So I expect it would be 2 statements after the AF billed again this year to see the 40K.

My spend was just under 7K so no idea why I got the cert, 2 weeks before my 40K should be posted.

Would be interesting to see if DH would receive a cert late this month as his 40K posted last year on Mar 4th IIRC.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by GoGreen
@Happy: I generally consider you an expert on anything you post. But I'm confused about this point. Both you and GoGreen seem to be quite confident that you can get the business card, and it's sign up bonus, while having a personal card open. But both the application for the bus card, and the wiki here, have this language:

""Neither New Account Bonus is available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Have they changed this lately without you being aware of it, do they not actually enforce this, or....?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.