Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 6, 2016, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by mak101
I applied today using first link in wiki and approved only for 4k, last time I applied in April 15 for 3 cards and all approved over 5K. I cancelled one card in Jan 16 and reduced limit on other 2 cards to 2 K. Would I get 25K or less? Can I request to upgrade to signature card?
odds are you will not get the 25k bonus since the card you got approved for is not a signature card. you will probably get 5k.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Not approval/denial per se, but over in the Chase forum I just saw some datapoint where Chase told someone that wouldn't allow them to have a total CL more than 60% of their income.

But, of course, every bank is different, and that may not be how BofA does things.
Good point. Banks can have purchase policies to limit customer exposure, but they cannot make credit approval decisions based on unadjusted income. Either way, saying "high income" doesn't add anything to the discussion.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
I just applied and after submitting the application I had to answer random public records security questions to verify my identity. Strange! Never seen that while submitting an online application!

After doing so I got "We're sorry, but we're unable to give you a decision right now"
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:26 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by express3
I just applied and after submitting the application I had to answer random public records security questions to verify my identity. Strange! Never seen that while submitting an online application!

After doing so I got "We're sorry, but we're unable to give you a decision right now"
Same here. That was on 2/29 and I still have not heard anything. Given the number of new cards I have opened and closed in the last 24 months I think I am just waiting for the "Dear John Letter".

Last edited by ned; Mar 8, 2016 at 3:01 pm Reason: mistake
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by ned
Same here. That was on 1/29 and I still have not heard anything. Given the number of new cards I have opened and closed in the last 24 months I think I am just waiting for the "Dear John Letter".

Thats been over a month! Is it still pending on the online app status? Have you called yet?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:54 pm

datapoint: I called them to reconsider and credit analyzer asked me few questions about my income and home and he immediately approved for 15K and confirmed I will be getting signature card.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by ninim2200
odds are you will not get the 25k bonus since the card you got approved for is not a signature card. you will probably get 5k.
I applied today using first link in wiki and approved only for 4k, last time I applied in April 15 for 3 cards and all approved over 5K. I cancelled one card in Jan 16 and reduced limit on other 2 cards to 2 K. Would I get 25K or less? Can I request to upgrade to signature card?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:00 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by express3
Thats been over a month! Is it still pending on the online app status? Have you called yet?
My mistake it should be 2/29. No I have not called.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:23 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

BoA doesn't let you close cards via chat anymore? I was told to call (800) 421-2110.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:36 pm

datapoint: I called them to reconsider and credit analyzer asked me few questions about my income and home and he immediately approved for 15K and confirmed I will be getting signature card.

Thanks.
Congrats. My wife was approved for a couple of cards last year both under 5k, when she called they had to cancel the approved cards and re-apply again to get the signature card. it showed as new HP then.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Answering my own question...

....from a few weeks ago; was able to have credit underwriting pull TU by freezing EX and calling the number in the Wiki when it went to pending. I had previously lowered my CL on my second personal Alaska card to 2k and then PC'd it to the Cash Rewards card before applying (all tips picked up on this thread,) and after a brief hold the analyst came back with an approval for $6,500. Thanks FT!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
BoA doesn't let you close cards via chat anymore? I was told to call (800) 421-2110.
For many people, yes indeed. (The same thing happened to me last year, the one time I tried it.) But not necessarily for everyone every time. Apparently YMMV on this, based on reports upthread.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 5:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sdsearch
For many people, yes indeed. (The same thing happened to me last year, the one time I tried it.) But not necessarily for everyone every time. Apparently YMMV on this, based on reports upthread.
Ahh... I guess I'll just call in to cancel all cards at once instead of one by one every few months.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I think I posted this in the wrong place originally, but I spent the $1K on the $100 credit offer, yet still have not received the $100. I did receive the 25K miles though. When I chat or call BOA, they say they don't see any $100 on my account, and to call Alaska. When I call Alaska, they say it's BOAs problem. Any idea what to do here? I finished the 1K spending 2 weeks ago, and my statement closed a couple days ago, and still nothing. In the past I've always gotten the $100 as soon as I hit the $1K spending.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:29 am

Didn't find this info in the Wiki: what is the detailed process to churn these cards?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by yoshapman
I think I posted this in the wrong place originally, but I spent the $1K on the $100 credit offer, yet still have not received the $100. I did receive the 25K miles though. When I chat or call BOA, they say they don't see any $100 on my account, and to call Alaska. When I call Alaska, they say it's BOAs problem. Any idea what to do here? I finished the 1K spending 2 weeks ago, and my statement closed a couple days ago, and still nothing. In the past I've always gotten the $100 as soon as I hit the $1K spending.
Did you take a screenshot of the offer you applied for? I can't see how calling Alaska would help. You'll need to contact BOA to get the sign-up promotion corrected (assuming you applied using the correct link...).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.