Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
After such an experience upthread, someone else suggested always applying over the phone.

Do not apply by phone (unless there is some special circumstance like a targeted offer that requires a phone app). You know all of that boilerplate language you are supposed to read when you apply, but just ignore? The phone rep is required to read every word of it out loud to you, slowly, slowly, slowly. That seems like it takes days, but really it's only a couple of hours.

Then having filled out the same app you would have used, or perhaps one with fewer benefits attached, they just hit submit the same way you would at home. The first time I got approved for a Plat AS card in instead of a Sig, a supervisor in the credit department suggested I do a phone app. I explained to the phone app CSR that I was calling because I would only accept a Sig card, and if they couldn't approve me for that to just not put the app thru. After spending the endless hours of having the app filled out for me over the phone, the next words from the CSRs mouth were "May I be the first to congratulate you on the approval of your new Plat card."
Old Apr 1, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Disappearing approval.....

Has anyone had this happen? I Applied for my second Alaska business card yesterday after freezing EX and was expecting it to go to pending, but instead I got a screen saying "Congratulations, you've been approved with a credit line of $23,500, your account will be added to your profile within 24 hours."
It's been well over 24 hours and it hasn't shown up, nor does the application status page show it (it is still showing my last personal approval.)

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what was the outcome?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Soulag
Has anyone had this happen? I Applied for my second Alaska business card yesterday after freezing EX and was expecting it to go to pending, but instead I got a screen saying "Congratulations, you've been approved with a credit line of $23,500, your account will be added to your profile within 24 hours."
It's been well over 24 hours and it hasn't shown up, nor does the application status page show it (it is still showing my last personal approval.)

My experiences have been once the initial congrats with approval then you are set. Just wait for the card to be mailed to you in about 7-10 days.
So far for all banks, I've never had an application that was approved on line and never gotten the card.
I've gotten a lot of pendings on line that I did nothing at all, didn't call recon but eventually cards were mailed to me anyway.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you sure you're looking at your latest application?

The BofA "check application status" report claims to show applications from the last 90 days, but they showed me an application which was over 95 days old, so I'm not sure how far back they go. Check the date on the application to make sure it's showing you the last one. (It will give the exact same wording for an app where you already got the card months ago, if it's still listed on your "check application status" page. The only difference will be your application ID and the application date.)
Old Apr 2, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Are you sure you're looking at your latest application?

The BofA "check application status" report claims to show applications from the last 90 days, but they showed me an application which was over 95 days old, so I'm not sure how far back they go. Check the date on the application to make sure it's showing you the last one. (It will give the exact same wording for an app where you already got the card months ago, if it's still listed on your "check application status" page. The only difference will be your application ID and the application date.)
Yes, the date on the application page is from my last personal card approval 3/8. The automated phone line is also giving me the previous card info. It may be that it just hasn't updated yet, but I don't recall having this happen with any of my previous approvals with BofA.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott

Previously and a few occasions, it has taken a bit longer for new accounts to show up in my account online. I suggest you wait until Mon/Tue and if it still doesn't show up, just call them to confirm if the account was approved.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:16 am
Suspended

Applied for personal and business 3/30. Got in on both after having applied for personal on 1/15. The personal took some finagling.

Quick note to those of you with Fidelity cards and high credit lines - since BoA is in the process of selling the cards, they will not move any of your credit limits around, yet are still counting those limits against your outstanding total credit. Made applying a real pain in the ....
Old Apr 3, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Quick note to those of you with Fidelity cards and high credit lines - since BoA is in the process of selling the cards, they will not move any of your credit limits around....
Can you elaborate on that (the bolded part above)? What cards is BoA selling (and to whom)?

Thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:32 pm

Fidelity's cards were issued by FIA Card Services (aka BoA). Fidelity recently announced that Elan Financial Services will be issuing the credit cards and that existing customers will be transferred over, starting around June/July. More info here: https://www.fidelity.com/cash-manage...ardmember-faqs
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:41 pm

I want to apply for BoA Alaska Air signature card when its signup bonus increases to 30K in May.

I have noticed Alaska Air has been closing accounts of those who apply both business and personal version on the same day and receive two bonuses.

My question is, is it still a good idea to get both personal and business in the same day (hopefully with one hard pull) or it's better to have two apps with 1 week or so gap (with two hard pull)?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Can you elaborate on that (the bolded part above)? What cards is BoA selling (and to whom)?

Thanks.
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Fidelity's cards were issued by FIA Card Services (aka BoA). Fidelity recently announced that Elan Financial Services will be issuing the credit cards and that existing customers will be transferred over, starting around June/July. More info here: https://www.fidelity.com/cash-manage...ardmember-faqs
Correct. BoA runs the FIA cards.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I want to apply for BoA Alaska Air signature card when its signup bonus increases to 30K in May.
How do you know upfront the bonus will be 30K in May?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
is it still a good idea to get both personal and business in the same day (hopefully with one hard pull) or it's better to have two apps with 1 week or so gap (with two hard pull)?
I'm not an expert on this, but AFAIK HPs are only combined when they appear to the CB to be duplicates of a single app for a specific type of card. Bus and Personal cards will appear to be different cards, and will most likely not be combined. Hopefully someone who has successfully done this will chime in and prove me wrong.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
[QUOTE=uclacolumbiaunc;26431618]I have noticed Alaska Air has been closing accounts of those who apply both business and personal version on the same day and receive two bonuses./QUOTE]

Where can I read more about this? I applied for both on the same day. Should I be expecting a shutdown? Should I wait awhile to earn the 25K miles on that first business card purchase?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
How do you know upfront the bonus will be 30K in May?
See bottom of Page 6:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....Umc3Vic2lkPTU3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.