Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
it seems BOA has disabled SM for CC-related questions. Is that right?
Correct.
Secure-messaging to BofA, for most things, hasn't been an option for probably two years now.

Originally Posted by rev
I used to use their live chat,...they'd just tell me to call 100% of the time. Useless.
I agree.
Chat tends to take a long time, and often they cannot help you with your question, and end up simply telling you to call in.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Soulag
I'm looking for any recent data points for success with getting B of A to pull another CR when Ex is frozen? I am hoping to get a third personal card soon and most of my inquiries are on Ex, so would prefer them to pull TU or EQ.
^. did that last week and got approved using TU.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by SPLP007
REF-- "They told me that way back in November" Are you saying that Bank America rejected you because of open cards back in NOV.
Yeah. November 23. Rejected for a 4th AS card due to having another AS card open. Been closing them gradually since.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Yeah. November 23. Rejected for a 4th AS card due to having another AS card open. Been closing them gradually since.
Last month I was rejected too and the reason given was that the maximum number of cards anyone can get is 3. I said that I already had 4 and wanted a fifth so as to separate my expenses for 5 properties. I wasn't too worried if they cancelled one, but the guy just said no to another card "at this time". So I guess I'll just get rid of all of them slowly.

btw, I got all 4 in 2 apps and each has $18K CL - insane as I spend almost nothing on them.

I offered to have credit reduced but he said I could not. That was my 3rd call in anyway so I just dropped the subject.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
anyone have a working recon number? seems the ones in the wiki are dead.
one of them got to an agent, but she refused to recon/forward me.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:37 pm

Just applied for AS Biz after cancelling my previous one this weekend.

Got approved with a $3500 LOC. Does that mean I'm headed to Platinumville? The recon rep said the card was already finalized when I called so she couldn't increase it. Is there such thing as a AA Biz Platinum?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by WormyWormy
Just applied for AS Biz after cancelling my previous one this weekend.

Got approved with a $3500 LOC. Does that mean I'm headed to Platinumville? The recon rep said the card was already finalized when I called so she couldn't increase it. Is there such thing as a AA Biz Platinum?
Nvm. Upon perusing this massive thread, I've realized it's all good.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by invalyd
anyone have a working recon number? seems the ones in the wiki are dead.
one of them got to an agent, but she refused to recon/forward me.
Try 800-354-0401 8am-7pm M-F Eastern. My wife's app wasn't immediately approved after the online app. Calling BofA got us that number for reconsideration (agent called it their credit department). Five minutes on hold after a couple of verification questions and clear sailing.

I'll update the wiki. I was coming back to this thread to update the number and saw your post.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: AA
Has there ever been an offer without the $100 statement credit if the $75 AF is not waived? I have a screenshot of the landing page from Jan 2016 showing the $100 statement credit but both BoA phone and chat support stated that they don't see this on my account. The wording on the screenshot does say limited to "new customers opening an account in response to this offer"; this isn't my first Alaska card. I went through the paperwork sent with the new card and no mention of it there either.

Yes I want my statement credit, but it looks like I don't qualify?

EDIT: read back several pages, I may have applied for an offer without the $100 credit even though the screenshot I took had it? Not enough evidence on my side, my bad for not taking enough screenshots.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:33 am
rev

Originally Posted by gameover98
Has there ever been an offer without the $100 statement credit if the $75 AF is not waived? I have a screenshot of the landing page from Jan 2016 showing the $100 statement credit but both BoA phone and chat support stated that they don't see this on my account. The wording on the screenshot does say limited to "new customers opening an account in response to this offer"; this isn't my first Alaska card. I went through the paperwork sent with the new card and no mention of it there either.

EDIT: read back several pages, I may have applied for an offer without the $100 credit even though the screenshot I took had it? Not enough evidence on my side, my bad for not taking enough screenshots.
Were they just not at all willing to award you the $100 credit anyway since the offer is still going on? Let us know your final outcome.

I'm in the same boat, used the wrong link a couple weeks ago, but waiting at least a month to request the credit. Not sure if I have better odds just saying I used the wrong link - give me $100 anyway, or asking them to 'match' the better offer available.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:35 am

Deleted since providing a data point, in typical flyertalk fashion, was met with a crappy attitude stating that the points provided meant nothing.

Happy to not contribute.

Last edited by icKyleB; Mar 5, 2016 at 5:19 pm Reason: .......s
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:29 pm
jk2

I noticed that BoFA now is very stingy. My last apps with them were back to May 2015. I have 4 cards (2 cash cards, 1 virgin and old spirit) with them, total limit is $17K. I am a Merril Lynch client with $100K+. I thought it wouldn't be a problem. Applied for 2 cards - AS and Travel Rewards. Both went pending, then next day declined. Called separately, each time offered to close one of existing cards in favor of opening a new one. It did work for AS card - they had to close my virgin atlantic card. But they are not willing to do the same for travel rewards card - they first claim that they extended a max CL to me ($17K? - is it too much? I recall year ago they were giving the $15K+ for each card I opened (max I did were 3/day)) and then they cited lots of inquires (~30 in 2 years) on my EX report (that's correct, because Chase/Amex/BoFa/Barclays all use my EX). Moreover, 2 pulls for 2 apps were not combined. Well, it seems I have to cool off from apps for a year.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gameover98

Originally Posted by rev
Were they just not at all willing to award you the $100 credit anyway since the offer is still going on? Let us know your final outcome.

I'm in the same boat, used the wrong link a couple weeks ago, but waiting at least a month to request the credit. Not sure if I have better odds just saying I used the wrong link - give me $100 anyway, or asking them to 'match' the better offer available.
The $100 credit offer is officially only available while buying a ticket on the Alaska website. The fact that it was copied to here (and has to be re-copied at times) by someone who was doing that doesn't mean that it's officially widely available or that it's available for "matching".

It is still going on only for those who are purchasing tickets on the Alaska website at the time they applied, officially. Why would they match it if you weren't doing that when you applied, and didn't take care to use the right link either?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:29 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
It's useless to say that you were approved/denied on your "high income" because 1. legally financial institutions do not make decisions on your income, but rather derivatives of it such as your debt ratio and 2. your "high income" may be my pocket change.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 7:30 pm

I applied for my 2nd AS personal (first one opened in September 2015), but was not approved instantly as I hoped (hoped because credit history and score, income/debt ratio, etc. are all good). Instead I got a message - something to the effect that we need more info, you will hear from us shortly.
It's been almost a week and nothing. Is it normal?
Those who have more experience with opening multiple AS - do you get approved instantly for your 2nd, 3rd, etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.