Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental.com Master Thread [Report Ideas & Problems Here]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:29 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

Since our old continental.com sticky was in need of a refresh, I’d like to start a new one. In this new thread, I’d also like to include things that you’d really like to see on continental.com. I’ve started this “Wishlist” off with a few suggestions I’ve seen posted here on FT over the past few months. As always, I’ll do my best to edit the items in this post and update the status whenever I can.

Also, I'm pleased to report that our continental.com preview site is coming soon, and I’d like to formally invite our FlyerTalk community to participate. This is something we know you’ve been asking for, and this summer we’re going to make it happen. Participation will be limited to registered OnePass accounts. To register, just send an email to [email protected] with your FlyerTalk handle, OnePass number and your primary email address (if different). Once you’re registered, we’ll email you a preview invitation and link every time the pre-production version of our site is launched.

Below are the master lists (last updated 20-Mar 2007):

Wishlist (New Features You'd Like To See)
  • Add more OnePass/SkyTeam partners to reward availability
  • Add ability to book stopover rewards
  • Add ability to book BusinessFirst mileage upgrades
  • Add ability to make flight changes without a fee during irregular operations (like severe weather)
  • Add ability for Northwest Elites to confirm an instant Elite upgrade when booking a full fare (Y class) ticket
  • Add BusinessFirst and SkyTeam Elite Plus lounges to Presidents Club Locations section
  • Overhaul online mileage reward charts
  • Within the Flight Status function, add high-level flight status information to the search-by-schedule results (instead of having to select individual flights)
  • List the Audio Video On-Demand (AVOD) movies and audio sections to the Inflight Entertainment section
Items To Be Addressed (Existing Features You Wish Worked)
Booking
  • Reward seats on partner/interline itineraries sometimes show as available when there are no longer any seats left
  • EWR-HKG does not show available in BusinessFirst when requesting "lowest refundable" fare for the First/BusinessFirst cabin
  • Availability for some international-international connections sometimes incorrectly returns a “no available flights” results when the search request times out
  • Unable to redeem $99 companion certificates
  • Reward calendar intermittently shows the wrong corresponding color for a date
  • Sometimes trying to add a new traveler results in an error saying the traveler is already in your profile
  • Unable to apply gift certificate or electronic travel certificate funds toward a reserved itinerary
Manage Reservations
  • Intermittent issues with retrieving reservations (e.g. returns a "unable to view latest information for this itinerary" error
  • When upgrading an existing reservation using miles for a multi-segment itinerary, sometimes the upgrade doesn't process for all eligible segments
  • Itinerary price sometimes not displayed correctly for reward reservations that are put on hold
  • Same-day roundtrips are labeled incorrectly in the summary view in My Reservations (e.g. from San Antonio to San Antonio)
  • Bookings sometimes get moved to the “Past” section after first part of the itinerary is flown, even though there are still future date segments in the reservation
  • Unable to divide multi-party reservations
  • Unable to assign different names to reservations that have been divided
  • Trying to reissue a ticket or make a flight change sometimes results in an error
  • Cancelling an unticketed itinerary results in an erroneous message (and email) stating that the ticket value is valid for the future
  • Johannesburg (JNB) is not recognized on itineraries (shows as blank) and subsequently all flight durations to/from JNB are miscalculated
  • Some reward classes of service on flights operated by partners are showing as “Economy Class” when it should be “Business Class” (e.g. O class on Air France)
  • Flights operated by other carriers that aren’t OnePass partners show mileage amounts and Elite qualification percentages in the “OnePass Miles/
    Elite Qualification” column
  • When accepting a schedule change, the original flight and the new flight are displayed as a connection with a calculated connection time (e.g. 0 minutes)
  • Not all information is retained for cancelled itineraries (e.g. date created, etc)
Seats
  • Unable to select seats for the individual legs of a multi-stop flight (e.g. IAH-GRU-GIG)
  • Seats assigned online for multiple parties are sometimes getting transposed on the receipt confirmation
Flight Status & Email Notifications
  • Error message sometimes states that Continental doesn't fly to the requested airport (occurs when the request times out behind the scenes)
  • Flight status notification request returns an error when using pda.continental.com
  • TripAlert for on-time status does not include the scheduled departure time
  • TripAlerts sent in HTML format instead of text
  • EUA notification e-mail sometimes labels “F” class as “BusinessFirst” instead of “First Class”
Check-in
  • EliteAccess and OnePass number sometimes not reflected correctly on boarding passes for reward tickets (occurs with Online, Kiosk and Curbside)
Compatibility
  • ”Remember Me” doesn't work with Internet Explorer 7
  • Menu bar doesn’t display correctly when viewed in 1920x1200 resolution
Content
  • Content and link errors on the Israel site (link to Kosher chef page and menus are missing, Israel RewardOne chart reverts to U.S. version)
  • Toll free number listed for Duty Free is valid in the U.S. only, not the U.S. and Canada

Last edited by UA Insider; Mar 20, 2007 at 6:55 pm
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:37 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
My private CO jet really needs washing. When do you guys come do that? Or do it need to bring it in?
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:41 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
I am flying MAN-EWR-MCO in the morning that was EUA'd at the 4 day out mark for EWR-MCO. It was purchased as a Q class ticket (Unrelated, but is it just me or why do I only ever get Q class options).

Looking at the current itinerary "My Account" is showing the flight as earning 0 EQMs and 938 OP miles.....

My Question is: Why is Q class showing 0 EQMs? (FYI it currently displays "F" class (Not AU) since I was EUAd)
Old Mar 20, 2007, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
This is like the oldest problem with this website. I first saw it a year ago or so. You should be OK with the EQM's (as long as you bought in on continental.com).

It boggles the mind that CO can't fix a problem that has festered for so long. Damnation! I spoke to continental.com support today about something else, and they are blase about the problems they have. "Websites have problems" is what she said (or something to that effect). The fact that--unlike with Continental--web problems are not "sticky" under every airline on this website is an good indicator that Continental's is worse than most.

50% of the time I sign into my account, it crashes and pops me to an error screen. This is such a simple transaction. WHAT IS THE DEAL???
Old Mar 21, 2007, 6:43 am

Review of upgrade wait list

You still can't review a PNR that you have wait listed for upgrade to BF.

The only way to view is to look at your receipt and hope your selected seats arn't changed for the worse.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mike_plat
The fact that--unlike with Continental--web problems are not "sticky" under every airline on this website is an good indicator that Continental's is worse than most.
How many other airline web sites have you used? Continental's is much better than any of the others that I have used. I would counter your argument by reminding you of the fact that Continental has a representative here and that they are actually interested in solving web site problems and in soliciting feedback. I don't see any other airlines doing that.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Reward Seat Assignments on Partner Flights

I have booked OnePass reward travel with partner flights. I called the partner to change seat assignments, but CO.com is still showing the original seat assignments on the partner legs (including 31D on an AS MD-80, UGH!), even more than a week after contacting the partner to change the seats. I have no confirmation from CO.com of the new seat assignments.

Last edited by JohnneeO; Mar 22, 2007 at 1:32 pm Reason: More Accurate Title
Old Mar 21, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA MM
Invalid Class of Service

This is still an issue:

Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
I was booking a ticket to Tokyo and selected a R as the class of service. It then replied in red that it was an invalid class of service. I deleted the R and selected lowest refundable ticket from the radio buttons. It then replied Please enter a specific class of service. I had to enter a valid class, i.e K to get by the error, even with selecting the other radio button options above it. Once into the K search results I was able to reset the form to search lowest available fares.

Thanks CLEHillbilly, there are actually three bugs we found with this report. First, we're not recognizing "R" as a valid class of service in the Advanced Search. Second, the Advanced Search page still asks for a valid class of service after erroring. And third, our help page that defines valid classes of service doesn't include our new "R" and "M" classes of service. All three of these issues have been added to the master list under Booking. Thanks also to mbreuer and farenthold for your posts related to the same issue.
I tried to price a ticket EWR --> TXL and got the error using these classes:

A, C, D, R, J, Z
K, N, B, O, V, U, M, H, Y

But not these:
A, C, D, J, Z
K, N, B, O, V, U, H, Y

Help has been fixed, as it shows M and R as valid classes.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Connection Time Missing for Changed Flight

Was worried about a CLE-EWR-LGW connection and changed from the Wed 3p CO1567 to Wed 11:30a CO224 by calling the Elite line.

Now, when viewing itin on co.com via manage reservations page, there is no longer a statement like the following in between the changed flight and the next leg (EWR-LGW):

Change Planes. Connect time in New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) is 5 hr 47 mn.

Minor issue, but figured I would report it. Interestingly enough, the new connection time in between the flight *prior* to the changed flight and the changed flight is recalculated correctly and is displaying fine.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:10 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
This was odd...Logged in to CO.COM tonight and it complained my password/account login was invalid, even though I have autofill on for the entry boxes. I logged in again and it then worked, but it gave me a screen describing the OP account rules and a continue button. Selecting continue it showed my current account properly except it displayed that I have 0 OP miles, but Activity since my last statement properly displayed the 20k in miles I earned over the past 1.5 weeks.

I logged out and then back in then it was displaying the 500+k of miles I have and everything was back to normal.

Very Strange.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:57 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Depature Managment Information via co.com?

Scott,

As always thanks for thinking of us.

One thing we have all seen and heard first hand are the stream of questions asked of a GA when they are preparing for a flight (i.e. where am I on the upgrade list, where am I on the standby list, is there a meal, are we on time, am I in a window seat, etc.) While a SLC DL-esq solution with monitors at every gate answering these questions would be nice, could co.com be updated so that OnePass members could have access to this information when logged on?

For example when I have checked in for a trip rather than having the homepage of co.com load with an 'upcoming trips' box, why not feature a 'information on my current trip' (I assume that one is logged on to their account to see this information). Passengers could confirm their relative position on the various standby lists, see what movie(s) (if any) will be shown, review the seatmap, volunteer for a bump (if applicable), check the status of the flight, check the status of the weather at the destination - and so on.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
How many other airline web sites have you used? Continental's is much better than any of the others that I have used. I would counter your argument by reminding you of the fact that Continental has a representative here and that they are actually interested in solving web site problems and in soliciting feedback. I don't see any other airlines doing that.
The fact that CO feels compelled to send a managing director to this forum to try to guide the lightning bolts simply reinforces my argument that they have intractable problems. It's a great PR move...it even gets moderators all starry-eyed. Wow, you even forgot about the problems! I guess it worked. Next time you speak time him, please ask him to answer the private email I sent him about the web problems. These problems have wasted entirely too much of my time this week.

As for other websites, do you honestly think I've not used other airlines' websites?

By the way, is the moderator supposed to moderate or inject his opinion into the postings?

Last edited by mike_plat; Mar 21, 2007 at 11:48 pm
Old Mar 21, 2007, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
This was odd...Logged in to CO.COM tonight and it complained my password/account login was invalid, even though I have autofill on for the entry boxes. I logged in again and it then worked, but it gave me a screen describing the OP account rules and a continue button. Selecting continue it showed my current account properly except it displayed that I have 0 OP miles, but Activity since my last statement properly displayed the 20k in miles I earned over the past 1.5 weeks.

I logged out and then back in then it was displaying the 500+k of miles I have and everything was back to normal.

Very Strange.

Popping you to an error screen when you correctly enter your PIN is something I've experienced for months. This is such a stupid problem. I wish to heaven they would fix it.

Last edited by mike_plat; Mar 21, 2007 at 11:46 pm
Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:18 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Change flights feature request (and possible bug)

It would be nice if the change flights search results displayed the price (or delta price) or at least the fare class.

In the event you select multiple segments to change, but end up with one or more the same as the original flights, the fare is repriced anyway based on currently available buckets. I would think co.com could leave the segment alone in this case and not force the user to go back and start over and deselect the segment.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I have a reservation I just made though my corp agent with a full Y fare and did the 'upgrade' option on co.com. The res also has a united leg on it and the upgrade never completed. I called the elite line and she finished it, but now I can't pull up the itinerary at all online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.