Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
My sister is running the Chicago Marathon on Sunday so I decided to stay in the city and split a hotel with her (and cheer her on on Sunday, so won't come to those events in the morning).

Is there anyone else staying in the city and want to share cabs between ORD and Chicago? I'm staying at the Radisson Blu Friday night, then another hotel close to the race starting line on Saturday night ....

If not, I'm open to suggestions on best/cheapest ways to get between the city and the ORD hotel/overflow hotel with shuttle.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
sure.

do you have any particular place or cuisine in mind?

I'll have a car as I live local <3 miles from Seminars.
Whatever you arrange Sweet Willie, count me in!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by amolkold
My sister is running the Chicago Marathon on Sunday so I decided to stay in the city and split a hotel with her (and cheer her on on Sunday, so won't come to those events in the morning).

Is there anyone else staying in the city and want to share cabs between ORD and Chicago? I'm staying at the Radisson Blu Friday night, then another hotel close to the race starting line on Saturday night ....

If not, I'm open to suggestions on best/cheapest ways to get between the city and the ORD hotel/overflow hotel with shuttle.
Train to Ohare and hotel shuttle.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:02 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HMPS
Train to Ohare and hotel shuttle.
Ahh, didn't realize the host hotel had a shuttle to ORD. Blue line + shuttle should be easy/cheap. Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:02 am

Car-Free attendance strategy?

What's the best hotel choice, at this late date, for attending the seminars without renting a car or paying for taxis? I haven't attended before, so I don't have a "feel" for how flexible the host hotel shuttles are, or which nearby hotels are most convenient, now that the #1 and #2 are sold out.

Flying into ORD Thursday night, leaving Sunday night. Any suggestion for a hotel choice would be most welcome, as would be advice that I'm dreaming, if that's the case.

Seems a shame to pay for a car that'll sit at the Holiday Inn all day while I'm inside. I'd prefer to spend that money lavishing gratitude on the new friend that advises me well ;-)

Replies or PMs welcome
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by yyzgayguy
What's the best hotel choice, at this late date, for attending the seminars without renting a car or paying for taxis? I haven't attended before, so I don't have a "feel" for how flexible the host hotel shuttles are, or which nearby hotels are most convenient, now that the #1 and #2 are sold out.

Flying into ORD Thursday night, leaving Sunday night. Any suggestion for a hotel choice would be most welcome, as would be advice that I'm dreaming, if that's the case.

Seems a shame to pay for a car that'll sit at the Holiday Inn all day while I'm inside. I'd prefer to spend that money lavishing gratitude on the new friend that advises me well ;-)

Replies or PMs welcome
Check out post #217
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by NW Mourning
I am really looking forward to this event. Went to the first one and was really impressed by the excellent work done by an all-volunteer cast. I hope that if there are problems, people will be understanding and appreciative of the efforts of others.

Is there any way to waitlist for the sessions that are already full?
There is no waitlist. Sessions are likely to remain full but if we somehow manage to manipulate space or free up it'll be posted.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by Madinat
all that's been said is that there is no wait-list for sold out sessions. What hasn't been addressed is the "none" option in the registration drop down. what does this get you? your pick once you get to the seminars? is the size of the room being decided based on who registers for which session? or are the two sessions being divided equally amongst conference rooms which would explain the grayed out sessions?
If you pick none you simply leave space open in both sessions for someone else to pick. The size of the room is decided based on overall registration, however we have very little wiggle room in the sizing of the rooms (one is about 20% larger than the other)
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
As embarrassed as I am, I just have to put this out there. I have been thinking I had booked a room for this event for months! Imagine my surprise when I looked more closely at the reservation to see that what I was looking at was my 2012 reservation! (red-faced embarrassment) I even went back and looked at it twice!

So, I have options to stay elsewhere, and could stay elsewhere, but would really prefer to stay at the HI Elk Grove. I am just putting my name out there in case anyone decides to cancel and would like to pass the room on to someone.

Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by miffSC
As embarrassed as I am, I just have to put this out there. I have been thinking I had booked a room for this event for months! Imagine my surprise when I looked more closely at the reservation to see that what I was looking at was my 2012 reservation! (red-faced embarrassment) I even went back and looked at it twice!

So, I have options to stay elsewhere, and could stay elsewhere, but would really prefer to stay at the HI Elk Grove. I am just putting my name out there in case anyone decides to cancel and would like to pass the room on to someone.

Thanks.
you've got a PM.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)

Thanks.
I was in the same boat - Host hotel roomless, and a kind stranger (now friend) helped me out.

See you in Chicago !
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:39 am

Thanks.
I'm in the same boat, with an even lamer excuse. On the bright side, I can guarantee I'll be 37% more grateful! If anyone has a room at HI Elk Grove, please PM me. Many many thanks.

If that doesn't pan out, what's the best alternative that doesn't require a rental car? Any advice welcome.

Cheers all.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by yyzgayguy
I'm in the same boat, with an even lamer excuse. On the bright side, I can guarantee I'll be 37% more grateful! If anyone has a room at HI Elk Grove, please PM me. Many many thanks.

If that doesn't pan out, what's the best alternative that doesn't require a rental car? Any advice welcome.

Cheers all.
See post #217 for a $79 rate at the Sheraton next to the overflow hotel. Can walk over and take the overflow shuttle to host hotel easily.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 12:52 pm

You guys need an IT Volunteer ? lol I'm available if all costs are covered.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by PatMike
See post #217 for a $79 rate at the Sheraton next to the overflow hotel. Can walk over and take the overflow shuttle to host hotel easily.
Thanks for that! That tip got it solved for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.