Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2013, 1:42 pm

Happy Days

I got into the Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village - host hotel on three reward nights. Happy Days!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Congrats on getting a room, but I would highly recommend that you pay attention at the seminars so you can see why using IHG reward nights/points for a $79/night room is a poor use of reward nights/points (hate to burst your bubble).
Old Sep 17, 2013, 6:47 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rubesl
(hate to burst your bubble).
so why do so?

Maybe in your world it isn't the best redemption but makes more sense in the OP's. There are folks who rejoice when they get enough miles for an award ticket to Vegas, if that is what makes them tick, so be it.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:39 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Congrats on getting a room, but I would highly recommend that you pay attention at the seminars so you can see why using IHG reward nights/points for a $79/night room is a poor use of reward nights/points (hate to burst your bubble).
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
so why do so?

Maybe in your world it isn't the best redemption but makes more sense in the OP's. There are folks who rejoice when they get enough miles for an award ticket to Vegas, if that is what makes them tick, so be it.
I thought the organizers said reward nights would not be available for these dates, so someone obviously messed up. Also, the reward nights don't include breakfast, which is included in the seminar rate. But true, value is in the eyes of the beholder.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fti
I thought the organizers said reward nights would not be available for these dates, so someone obviously messed up. Also, the reward nights don't include breakfast, which is included in the seminar rate. But true, value is in the eyes of the beholder.
Not so fast kimosabe, the rate in which the organizers got are not available, but the regular inventory of rooms would be.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, SkyTeam Gold, *A Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, mother's favorite son
Ticket available!

I have a ticket to the Chicago Seminars but now, alas, can't make it. If anyone wants to take my place, speak now or forever hold your peace. The transfer fee is $20. I'm so bummed. It'll be great. First come, first served!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
According to who? You? everybody is different on what they think is a good deal. Being more open does people good.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:25 am

anyone have hotel reservations at the host hotel friday and saturday night you won't be using, if so, please give a call at 941 286 8387 of [email protected], thanks
Old Sep 18, 2013, 2:54 pm
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
I was so excited about going to my first Chicago Seminars, but alas it is not to be. An international trip has been added to my cards for these dates instead Have been to FTU before, but never CS. Maybe next time...

So, a ticket is available for anyone who wants to go at face value + transfer fee ($85+$20 = $105). Please PM me if interested.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JonB110
My fiancé and I are also unable to attend the event. We have two tickets for sale. I would be happy to split the transfer fee + ticket price for them. Please PM or email me @ [email protected]
These two tickets have been spoken for.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:44 am

If anybody has tickets they need to sell Im willing to buy them from you. I need 1 or 2 tickets
Old Sep 19, 2013, 2:43 pm

I have a ticket I'd be happy to sell. Bought it first week it was announced, and not going to be able to go. $85 + transfer fee.

PM me if interested.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:40 am

2 Tickets to Transfer (FTU-Chicago)

I have 2 tickets to the Chicago Seminar which will take place Oct.11-13. I need to transfer these to someone else due to a family medical emergency. Available for $85 + transfer fee (each). You can e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks Kim Anderson
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: UA Lifetime PE, Hilton Dia, WN CP, Hyatt Plat
need one ticket

I'll buy one ticket
UPDATE: I bought one so no longer need

Last edited by pinguy; Sep 21, 2013 at 11:47 am
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
1 ticket available to transfer

ticket was spoken for.

I have 1 ticket available due to work schedule change - will be flying back home on Oct 12 and would miss most of the sessions.

The cost is $105 (registration + transfer fee).

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks
@ORD

Last edited by @ORD; Sep 21, 2013 at 8:29 pm Reason: ticket sold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.