FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Major G
On another topic, I am hosting a Meet-up for readers of my blog, The Military Frequent Flyer, at Sine's at Pentagon Row on 6 Aug at 1800. You don't have to be military to join - there will be translators present to help you with the military language if you are not fluent. Anyone interested in miles and points is welcome to attend. My blog has a map if you don't know where Sine's is located. The first round of chicken wings is on me!

Glenn
Too bad I'll be missing you next week, but I'll be sure to say hello to the Mrs. Major G in ANC the week after that.

(You'd better make sure she attends the August 11th gathering at Casa de Bob W!)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
On another topic, I am hosting a Meet-up for readers of my blog, The Military Frequent Flyer, at Sine's at Pentagon Row on 6 Aug at 1800. You don't have to be military to join - there will be translators present to help you with the military language if you are not fluent. Anyone interested in miles and points is welcome to attend. My blog has a map if you don't know where Sine's is located. The first round of chicken wings is on me!

Glenn
unfortunately I will be home in the Real Washington, but am definitely interested in catching up at a future event (esp if it's walking distance from my DC geo-bach digs)
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by jackal
Too bad I'll be missing you next week, but I'll be sure to say hello to the Mrs. Major G in ANC the week after that.

(You'd better make sure she attends the August 11th gathering at Casa de Bob W!)
Yeah, I am trying to get her to go. She flies out that night and is worried about getting to the airport. I assured her that one of you would take care of her. Her flight is not until 0240 on the 12th.

Glenn
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Yeah, I am trying to get her to go. She flies out that night and is worried about getting to the airport. I assured her that one of you would take care of her. Her flight is not until 0240 on the 12th.

Glenn
Of course we will take care of her.

At least...the one sober person will. Wait, who will that be??

(In all seriousness, don't worry--we'll make sure she gets there on-time or is at the very least put in a cab on-time.)
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
I'll be in DC from 19th to 22nd or 23rd September, will keep an eye on this thread, would love to catch up with some locals (and otherwise).
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
soupxxxx was able to make a 2nd reservation at Del Campo for Aug 20th at 7 p.m., but just for 4 people. I moved the first 3 people from the wait list to her reservation and updated the wiki accordingly.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:57 am

Del Campo has their restaurant week menu posted now and I have added the link to the wiki.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mhnadel
soupxxxx was able to make a 2nd reservation at Del Campo for Aug 20th at 7 p.m., but just for 4 people. I moved the first 3 people from the wait list to her reservation and updated the wiki accordingly.
Thanks soupxxxx for the extra reservation, looking forward to meeting everyone next week.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:45 pm
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
The next week is looking rather hectic for me. I've gone ahead and removed myself from the waitlist.

Hope to catch most of you next time!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
My week looks like it's going to get messy, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw from Thursday's dinner. Looks like GatoAndaluz has cleared the waitlist.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:32 am

Another cancellation. Work related stuff that should have been done last week is now going to be this week. Sorry about that.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Unfortunately I need to bow out as well. Last minute unexpected IAD-DKR this week.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:20 am

We now have 2 open slots for Thursday's dinner. I don't know if we might be able to merge the two reservations - I can try calling and seeing. Or if there are 2 people interested who were intimidated by the wait list?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
And unfortunately I need to drop as well. Too many things at work before leaving for Tallinn on Saturday.
Thanks, Miriam for organizing. See you soon.
tom
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
If there's an open spot, I'm unexpectedly free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.