Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by hawaii2midtown
Ahh, I just discovered this thread! I live on U Street. Would love to meet up with you guys in the future. Anyone going to the Chicago Seminars? Will be there.
Yes. I think I am a lifer at that DO (4 or 5 years now?). Sign up for Sweet Willie's dinner, it was great last year (and he is a good guy too). The thread is in the CommunityBuzz section

Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
Dang it, just read this thread, too! Next time! Am flying with Mrs. AD to Chicago (DCA-MDW)this rainy weekend, WN/Southwest $49 super low fare and a roomette on Amtrak's Capitol Limited back. Should be a good time!

Anyone take advantage of the Turkish Air (IAD-IST) Y fare? Just curious.

-AD
cr@p --did I miss a cheap TK fare? (IST is my fav place to visit)

Cheers
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: US, HH
Short notice - in town thisweekend 10/17-18.

I find myself in DC this weekend and was wondering if any FlyerTalkers are around for probably Sunday brunch (noon? later?) or possibly Saturday dinner (not too early, closer to 8 pm).

As for location, any suggestions welcome, I'm not familiar with good places to go.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Any interest in a year-end get together? Something between December 7 and 17 maybe? Weeknights might be best as weekends this time of year can fill up quickly. I'm also open to venue suggestions.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
there's a new brewpub (Sehkraft) about to open in Clarendon (Garfield/10th & Washington, about 4 blocks from the Orange/Silver Line station)
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by jrl767
there's a new brewpub (Sehkraft) about to open in Clarendon (Garfield/10th & Washington, about 4 blocks from the Orange/Silver Line station)
Very exciting! If they really do open Monday, I'll stop in and check out the place.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
The 10th or 11th would probably work best for me; 14th is just barely possible. Trying a new brewpub always sounds good.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Gold
Hi all, long-time lurker, first-time poster. Recently moved to the DMV area and would love to meet up.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
7-17 Dec and Clarendon location both work well for me, count me in!

Glenn
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:35 pm

December 2015

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Any interest in a year-end get together? Something between December 7 and 17 maybe? Weeknights might be best as weekends this time of year can fill up quickly. I'm also open to venue suggestions.
December 11 - 17 work best for me. I am flexible as to the venue...
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DCA writer
Very exciting! If they really do open Monday, I'll stop in and check out the place.
We're also for that and the opening night (if it is this coming Monday) or also the next days 24-25Nov would be good.

And now, taking all of this in chronological ordert:
We are in 14-16Dec and probably a lot more during the first half of the month since we have a work emergency that will require our presence until we have put out the fire.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Mondays seem to work well, so let's shoot for December 14 (hopefully it'll work for you, mhnadel). Clarendon/Courthouse seems to be the frontrunner for location. (At some point, I'd like to return to the Mussel Bar in Ballston, but let's save that for 2016).

If interested, please add yourself to the wiki. If you can't access the wiki, post here and someone will add you.

Last edited by gvdIAD; Nov 19, 2015 at 8:08 am
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Another possible venue for our December get-together (from ARLnow.com):

The crew behind the new Texas Jack’s Barbecue hopes to start serving diners near Clarendon within the next two weeks, giving them a comfortable place to eat while going beyond expected barbecue standards.

The restaurant expects to be fully open shortly after Thanksgiving. It occupies the former home of Tallula and EatBar at 2761 Washington Blvd in Lyon Park.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
...let's shoot for December 14...
We will be shooting as well from a flight due to arrive DCA at 406PM. As before, a three hour delay will cause our shots to misfire.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Another possible venue for our December get-together (from ARLnow.com):

The crew behind the new Texas Jack’s Barbecue hopes to start serving diners near Clarendon within the next two weeks, giving them a comfortable place to eat while going beyond expected barbecue standards.

The restaurant expects to be fully open shortly after Thanksgiving. It occupies the former home of Tallula and EatBar at 2761 Washington Blvd in Lyon Park.
I will have zero excuse for missing that, since I live three blocks away. More than once, I wondered if our baby monitor had enough range to be used from EatBar
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Count me in for both venues - likewise in walking distance.

Last edited by cova; Nov 20, 2015 at 9:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.