FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
It looks like there's sufficient interest, so I've made dinner reservations at Tadich Grill (1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004) for Wednesday, April 6th at 7:30pm. The restaurant is a couple of blocks from both the Federal Triangle and Archives/Navy Memorial metro stations.

Please update the wiki or reply below (if unable to access the wiki) to confirm your attendance. I've currently booked a table for 6, and can look at increasing the party size if there is sufficient interest. Please only confirm your attendance once you're absolutely certain you can attend (I'd like to keep the number of last minute cancellations below 50% this time).

-FlyerBeek
I would like to attend if there's still room.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mhnadel
Fortunately, Wednesday the 6th is neither the 2nd Wednesday of the month nor a Thursday, so it does work. Yes, I am having some trouble with calendar management.
Well, mhnadel, calendar management is not exactly rocket science. With enough training in the field, you should be able to get yourself up to minimum proficiency.

Nevertheless, frantic and I are quite pleased that we will see you next week.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, AA EP, DL Diamond, UA PLATINUM, Amtrak Select Plus
Count me in!

It looks like there's sufficient interest, so I've made dinner reservations at Tadich Grill (1001 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004) for Wednesday, April 6th at 7:30pm. The restaurant is a couple of blocks from both the Federal Triangle and Archives/Navy Memorial metro stations.

Please update the wiki or reply below (if unable to access the wiki) to confirm your attendance. I've currently booked a table for 6, and can look at increasing the party size if there is sufficient interest. Please only confirm your attendance once you're absolutely certain you can attend (I'd like to keep the number of last minute cancellations below 50% this time).

-FlyerBeek

I will be available that day as well, would love to join fellow FTers! This would be my first time going to a FT event.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Update:

Good news: the restaurant has confirmed their ability to increase the party size to 8. Everyone previously waitlisted as of this post is now confirmed (soupxxxx, jmsfla2002, and hkhan92 - that means you!).

Bad news: Due to emergent work travel, I need to head out of town tomorrow morning; I'll be unable to attend. mhnadel has graciously offered to take the lead on all future coordination for Wednesday night. Thanks, Miriam! Sorry I'll be unable to join and please contact mhnadel with any questions.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:23 pm

Update:

Good news: the restaurant has confirmed their ability to increase the party size to 8. Everyone previously waitlisted as of this post is now confirmed (soupxxxx, jmsfla2002, and hkhan92 - that means you!).

Bad news: Due to emergent work travel, I need to head out of town tomorrow morning; I'll be unable to attend. mhnadel has graciously offered to take the lead on all future coordination for Wednesday night. Thanks, Miriam! Sorry I'll be unable to join and please contact mhnadel with any questions.

-FlyerBeek
Great! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. How will I know the group? Is there a secret handshake or will the reservation be under Miriam's name?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by jmsfla2002
Great! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. How will I know the group? Is there a secret handshake or will the reservation be under Miriam's name?
I sent a PM to everyone on the list with what name the reservation is under and my cell phone #.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mhnadel
I sent a PM to everyone on the list with what name the reservation is under and my cell phone #.
I arrived an hour early. Table is ready. I am told someone else is here. But I do not see anyone. Any way I am at the bar. It is now 651 pm.
We have a nice round table.
Cova
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:03 pm

We will do the next one

Originally Posted by cova
I arrived an hour early. Table is ready. I am told someone else is here. But I do not see anyone. Any way I am at the bar. It is now 651 pm.
We have a nice round table.
Cova
I saw this too late to go!! Tell us all how it went and any new ideas
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
Sat 16 Apr, for those who might want to venture north
bump

this is still on, 3pm tomorrow
Old May 16, 2016, 5:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Last-minute-ish: having drinks/food with jrl767 and a FT lurker* at Heavy Seas Alehouse in Arlington tomorrow starting around 7pm.

*at least, I think; sort of the reverse of how this usually works, we've been friends IRL for a while via a different shared hobby but haven't bothered exchanging FT handles yet
Old May 16, 2016, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Zorak returns

apologies for the post-OLCI notice, but our calendars didn't firm up until this morning ... I'm planning to meet up with Zorak and a friend of his at Heavy Seas Ale House by Rosslyn Metro ~7pm tomorrow (Tues 17 May) ... other FTers are welcome to join in!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:19 am

Good Afternoon - I wanted to introduce myself to you and hope to meet you one day if I have not already. I attended my first local event last month when Richard Kerr had his Travel Hacking 101 dinner in Clarendon. It was an excellent time and I hope there are more local networking events in the future.

I live in Silver Spring and work around Farragut North / Dupont Circle. If anyone ever wants to meet up for lunch or a drink, please let me know. I'm always looking to meet new people. Since attending my first networking event I have already made friends who I will stay in touch with as we travel. BTW my wife was upset she couldn't make it - someone had to get home and feed the dogs!

I am not currently active on Flyertalk - but I would love to become more involved. Message me or post here if anyone's interested in setting something up.

Thanks,
Dave
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by goldenhelpdesk
Good Afternoon - I wanted to introduce myself to you and hope to meet you one day if I have not already. I attended my first local event last month when Richard Kerr had his Travel Hacking 101 dinner in Clarendon. It was an excellent time and I hope there are more local networking events in the future.

I live in Silver Spring and work around Farragut North / Dupont Circle. If anyone ever wants to meet up for lunch or a drink, please let me know. I'm always looking to meet new people. Since attending my first networking event I have already made friends who I will stay in touch with as we travel. BTW my wife was upset she couldn't make it - someone had to get home and feed the dogs!

I am not currently active on Flyertalk - but I would love to become more involved. Message me or post here if anyone's interested in setting something up.

Thanks,
Dave
We would enjoy getting together as well and to meet the two of you. We live in DC and are avid travelers and have learned the game. We are not available this moment since we are actually enjoying travel now. Let's try to connect a bunch of us at one time.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Plus, United, AA, WN
I am up for meeting in Northern VA too. Please let me know if anyone sets up an event.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
jrl767 and I were talking about doing something maybe 7/27 or 7/28.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.