Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
If you have a BUSINESS card and do not see Miles credited to your AAdvantage account, please post in this thread in the AA forum: CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Mastercard - Loyalty Points Post but 0 Miles

See also this thread: Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Print Wikipost

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
I know this thread hasn't had any recent activity, but I've got a quick question. My Citi statement just closed on the 12th (technically the 13th at midnight?) and on my statement shows 50,000 bonus miles and 4,427 purchase miles being reported to AA. These miles however, at this point (11AM Saturday the 14th) haven't posted. This is my second month with the card and I received the miles from last month so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the accounts being connected. Should I contact Citi and see what's going on? I've got a CX J ticket on hold until Monday 1159PM that I'm waiting to book.
This does seem to be a problem. The miles should have posted on the 14th, long before 11am. The fact that it is a weekend day should not be relevant since AA updates FF accounts 7 days/week.

You can contact Citi, but their statement says they have reported the miles to AA, so you may need to contact AA. Of course, each will blame the other.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
This does seem to be a problem. The miles should have posted on the 14th, long before 11am. The fact that it is a weekend day should not be relevant since AA updates FF accounts 7 days/week.

You can contact Citi, but their statement says they have reported the miles to AA, so you may need to contact AA. Of course, each will blame the other.
Just gave them both a call. Citi says they reported 54,427 miles to AA. Of course the rep said the 50K bonus miles will take 6-8 weeks (wasn't the case with several of my friends with the same card) but we all know that's what they say. Regardless, they didn't have an explanation on why I didn't even get the earned miles. Tried to give AA a call but seems the AAdvantage servicing department is closed.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Deleted - posted before I saw SeeBuyFly's post.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:32 pm

This is the conversation I just had with chat on Citi. I did dispute a transaction this statement, however, it was immediately resolved, or at least Citi told me they consider the dispute resolved. Even if this was the case, why wouldn't the statement say I earned the 54,427 but then not say reported to AA:0 Wouldn't that be how it would normally be handled?

MATTHEW: To whom it may concern, If you may at your convenience, please RE-report my miles for my Citi account ending in 3992 to American Airlines. American Airlines did NOT receive the miles reported on 02/12/15. Here is the last response I have received from American Airlines requesting Citi to RE-report the miles.
Spencer: Welcome to Citi Live Chat. We appreciate the opportunity to service you. How may I help you?
Spencer: I will check that for you, Matthew.
MATTHEW: Dear Mr. Doehring, Its our pleasure to assist our valued AAdvantage members. Thanks for contacting us here at AAdvantage® Customer Service. We currently show all active Citibank cards mentioned are appearing in your membership profile. Please contact Citi and request for them to re-report your miles to us for your Citi account ending in 3992 so that we may expedite these posting to your account. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond. We look forward to serving you in the future. Regards, Chloe B. AAdvantage Customer Service American Airlines Thank you very much I appreciate it.
Spencer: I have reviewed your account and I see that your next statement will be generated on 03/12/2015.

MATTHEW: My last statement (closing 2/12) showed 54,427 being reported to AA however.
Spencer: The AAl Miles you earn now will be updated on your next billing cycle.
MATTHEW: This is in regards to the AA miles earned last billing cycle (1/13-2/12) as those are the ones that haven't shown as updated with AA.
Spencer: I have reviewed your account and I see that for the miles you earn for the billing cycle ending (1/13 to 2/12) will be updated on 03/12/2015 statement.
MATTHEW: Why is that? The miles from my account opening date through 1/12 showed on AA's side 1/13? Why is there a one month delay in posting for this statement?
Spencer: Usually when you dispute any transaction it takes 60 days for the dispute to cleared and credited to the account.
Spencer: *I am sorry for the typo.
Spencer: Usually when a purchase is made during the current month we give time for the miles to be updated on your account.
Spencer: The reason being there are chances that you might submit a dispute in case of any unauthorized transaction. In that case the transaction won't make it to the account until the transaction is disputed and cleared to the account.
Spencer: That is the reason it takes one billing cycle for the miles to be updated on the account.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:28 pm

Update: I've now spoken to two different Citi reps (one called AA on my behalf) and both have said with certainty (one even specified 200% certainty) that the miles would be in my AA account by/on Tuesday. I guess we'll see...

Update #2: As expected, that 200% guarantee didn't come to fruition. I spoke to a supervisor yesterday with Citi who said he'll be keeping an eye on it and said he'd expect the miles there no later than Thursday. I decided to call AA today and see what's going on on their side and they put a request in with the partner miles department to contact Citi and get it straightened out (7-10 business days). All in all, a very frustrating and unprofessional experience.

Last edited by ChiefNWA; Feb 18, 2015 at 7:22 pm Reason: Another update
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:52 pm

Just wanted to provide another update. Obviously, the miles didn't post. Sat on the phone another 30 minutes with Citi today and brought an AA rep in on the call. AA of course was saying 6-8 weeks until the Citi rep said the miles were sent. The AA rep stopped for a second there haha. Ended up with resolving nothing on that call, was simply told it will be 30 days, my guess is they just pulled another imaginary number out of their you know what again.

Called AA yesterday and had them file a request with Citi to retrieve the miles.

So, guess we'll wait and see what happens now.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:05 pm

Citi-AA-MC miles are not reflected in AAdvantage

I opened Citi-AA-MC-Business and Citi-AA-MC-Personal in mid-January. My current online accounts show over 50,00o miles in each but this mileage is not added to my AAdvantage account. Should I wait a couple months before I do something about it? I hate talking to CSRs and would rather let them fix it.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Hemera
I opened Citi-AA-MC-Business and Citi-AA-MC-Personal in mid-January. My current online accounts show over 50,00o miles in each but this mileage is not added to my AAdvantage account. Should I wait a couple months before I do something about it? I hate talking to CSRs and would rather let them fix it.
Here's what I think ultimately fixed mine. Call AAdvantage and ask them to put a request in with Citi to get the miles. Then call Citi and see if they have a status on the miles being sent and also confirm your AAdvantage number with them. Things should sort themselves out within a week I'd think.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:39 pm

I've had many citi cards, and AAdvantage transfers always occurred after the statements close, however, I'm a little confused as to why I received my first statement and the miles sections states the following:

Purchase miles: 8,080
Bonus miles: 50,000

Accumulated this month: 58,080

AAdvantage miles reported: 0

I am confused as to why zero miles were reported to AA. When I called Citi I was told that they would report after the next statement closing date. Of note is that the annual fee did not bill on the first statement, as it was a vey short cycle. Miles have always posted for me when the first statement closes. Was the agent correct that they will post next month?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA, SW, UA
The exact same thing happened to me. I had a short cycle and no annual fee posted. The first statement closing date was 4/10. I met the minimum spend, and yet no miles have posted to my AA account. Not the 5300 from spending or the 50K bonus. I don’t feel like calling and getting a run around, but it is frustrating because I am not sure if they will ever post on their own.

Originally Posted by TTT103
I've had many citi cards, and AAdvantage transfers always occurred after the statements close, however, I'm a little confused as to why I received my first statement and the miles sections states the following:

I am confused as to why zero miles were reported to AA. When I called Citi I was told that they would report after the next statement closing date. Of note is that the annual fee did not bill on the first statement, as it was a vey short cycle. Miles have always posted for me when the first statement closes. Was the agent correct that they will post next month?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by fireflyt
The exact same thing happened to me. I had a short cycle and no annual fee posted. The first statement closing date was 4/10. I met the minimum spend, and yet no miles have posted to my AA account. Not the 5300 from spending or the 50K bonus. I don’t feel like calling and getting a run around, but it is frustrating because I am not sure if they will ever post on their own.
Well, I decided to call and was told that my Citi and AA accounts were actually linked two days after the statement closed because of the really short cycle. The agent indicated that the points would post when my next statement closes. We shall see.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA, SW, UA
Now I see that my 5300 miles from spending posted, but not the 50K bonus miles. Frustrating

Well, I decided to call and was told that my Citi and AA accounts were actually linked two days after the statement closed because of the really short cycle. The agent indicated that the points would post when my next statement closes. We shall see.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:07 am

My statement ended today and Citi told me they will send it out later tonight. After it is sent by Citi to AA how long will it take for AA to post the points?

Last edited by ASUDan130; Apr 23, 2015 at 6:53 pm
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:22 pm

Same here. Mine is a platinum, not an exec, so I'm not quite as anxious for them to post immediately (and then cancel), but that does concern/confuse me. It very clearly says 2,000 purchase miles and 50,000 bonus miles, but 0 reported to AA. This also wasn't my first statement cycle - it was either my second or third.

My account online does indicate that a new card for this account is being shipped to me, and I certainly didn't request one. I'm wondering if they think there's a fraud issue or something, and are holding the points until they get it straightened out. The only details about the new card are:
This replacement card may have been requested by an authorized user(s) on the account or is a new card being issued to you by Citi.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:27 am

My Statement that closed on 4/20 said 1,300 miles earned and 0 Reported to AA. Not sure what's going on, but it seems to be a common complaint here recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.