Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
And if not they should be able to pull existing credit to open the new card.
Yeah I got the 30 day notice per the automated line, so is the suggestion here to still wait or just call now?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:59 pm

I just went in branch to apply for the Ink + card. I was preapproved but my business banker told me that it can take one to two weeks to receive a decision. That doesn't sound right as I have had instant decisions when I applied online before (for the Ink Cash), and also received an instant decision when I applied in branch for the Reserve card. Is it normal?

Also, I have a credit alert on my profile, so Chase should've called me if they processed my application, but I have heard nothing. Did I just get a terrible banker?

Finally, I just called the 888-338-2586 and entered my SSN. The automated line said I was approved. Although, I was very recently approved for the Reserve card, so could it have been referring to that? This is a bit confusing since I used my SSN as well as my EIN when I applied for the Ink +.

If someone can sort out this mess, then they have my deepest respect.

Last edited by jwgmaldives; Oct 21, 2016 at 2:49 pm
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:31 pm

Anyone else having trouble generating Expense Report online?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
I just went in branch to apply for the Ink + card. I was preapproved but my business banker told me that it can take one to two weeks to receive a decision. That doesn't sound right as I have had instant decisions when I applied online before (for the Ink Cash), and also received an instant decision when I applied in branch for the Reserve card. Is it normal?

Also, I have a credit alert on my profile, so Chase should've called me if they processed my application, but I have heard nothing. Did I just get a terrible banker?

Finally, I just called the 888-338-2586 and entered my SSN. The automated line said I was approved. Although, I was very recently approved for the Reserve card, so could it have been referring to that? This is a bit confusing since I used my SSN as well as my EIN when I applied for the Ink +.

If someone can sort out this mess, then they have my deepest respect.
im guessing its probably the recent surge of applications when the rumor of ink+ going to 3x categories made a ton of people apply. I forgot where i read about it, but they were telling people to be patient and such. maybe that has a factor to do with what happened to you as well.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Anyone else having trouble generating Expense Report online?
Bump
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry if this has been asked, but how can I figure out my "anniversary date"? I'm trying to make sure I don't go above the $50,000 5x limit.

I was last billed my annual fee on Jan. 1. My statements seem to close on the 16th of every month. Does this information lead me to my "anniversary date," or is it even more complicated than that?

Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
Sorry if this has been asked, but how can I figure out my "anniversary date"? I'm trying to make sure I don't go above the $50,000 5x limit.

I was last billed my annual fee on Jan. 1. My statements seem to close on the 16th of every month. Does this information lead me to my "anniversary date," or is it even more complicated than that?
Statement close date is not determined by your account approval/anniversary date. If you were billed the AF on 1/1, then your true anniversary date is somewhere in December.

My suggestion is to SM Chase & ask. You may have to be persistent; I find that the initial "response" from Chase CSRs is often a lazy cut&paste of boilerplate that doesn't answer my question at all.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Statement close date is not determined by your account approval/anniversary date. If you were billed the AF on 1/1, then your true anniversary date is somewhere in December.

My suggestion is to SM Chase & ask. You may have to be persistent; I find that the initial "response" from Chase CSRs is often a lazy cut&paste of boilerplate that doesn't answer my question at all.
Jeez -- if they use the date for award earnings, you'd think they could just tell you the date!

EDIT: I messaged them. Their response was simply to tell me what month my annual fee would be billed (which I had already figured out from last year's statement).

I'm inclined to give up. I will just spend in the bonus categories until I hit the limit. And then I'll wait for the website "tote board" to reset to zero.

Last edited by iahphx; Oct 26, 2016 at 6:24 pm
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
Doctor of Credit says the in branch offer of 70,000 points, annual fee waived the first year, for the Chase Ink Plus card is still available.
Do I need to have a real business to do it in branch? I know online I can be a new business trying to sell things on eBay with $0 revenue.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway

Actually on almost all our Chase cards the statement dates are almost always the application / approval date - that is probably due to most of them were instant approvals with the exception of the CSRs which were approved 2 days after applications thru recon with Lending Dept. Oddly the CSR statement dates still are the same as the application dates, not the approval dates.

Annual fee is always billed on the first of the month. Hence I agree with you that with 1/1 being the date AF was billed, the anniversary date would be in December.

Originally Posted by iahphx
Jeez -- if they use the date for award earnings, you'd think they could just tell you the date!

EDIT: I messaged them. Their response was simply to tell me what month my annual fee would be billed (which I had already figured out from last year's statement).

I'm inclined to give up. I will just spend in the bonus categories until I hit the limit. And then I'll wait for the website "tote board" to reset to zero.
My guess is your statement date is fairly close to your anniversary date.

Often you would need to reply to the first useless SM to tell them they do not understand your question(s), then someone would finally do some real research and answer your initial questions.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I've got the Chase Ink Plus and have been getting 5x points on my utility bill (electricity, water, gas). Want to downgrade to Ink Cash. Neither terms state 5x on utilities (only internet, cable, etc). Has anyone had the 5x utilities and downgraded? Any change?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 12:24 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
...5x points on my utility bill (electricity, water, gas).
No direct experience, but if I login to my INK Cash account > Go to Blueprint > Track It > See Spending > Utilities:

Includes: Cable/Satellite TV Providers, Wireless, Phone, and Internet Services, Home Fuel Suppliers, and Utility Companies (gas, water, sanitation, electric)
...and it may be that Chase's software scoops up Home Fuel Suppliers and Utility Companies even though they don't market the cards to include those.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:36 am

I've got the Chase Ink Plus and have been getting 5x points on my utility bill (electricity, water, gas).
Originally Posted by mia
No direct experience, but if I login to my INK Cash account > Go to Blueprint > Track It > See Spending > Utilities:

...and it may be that Chase's software scoops up Home Fuel Suppliers and Utility Companies even though they don't market the cards to include those.
Seriously?

This is not in the T/C for either Ink card, and not in the wiki either. I can't try this right away, as I recently paid all of my utility bills for this month. With other cards, of course.

I just found this thread today, and I freely admit to not having read the preceding 83 pages. But from the two posts above, it sounds like this has most likely not been discussed. I'd guess most people haven't tried this for the same reason I haven't tried it. Because of the lack of T/C and wiki info on it.

Can anyone else confirm that utilities get 5X? I certainly hope they do, and will switch over my utility spending to Ink if so, but otherwise would keep doing that spend to meet min spnd and maintenance spend on other cards.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Can anyone else confirm that utilities get 5X?
Much will depend on how your utility companies merchant accounts are classified. If any of them are municipal services you may encounter MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES rather than anything specific to the type of service provided. Likewise if they outsource processing of card transaction the processor's merchant type may apply.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 8:49 pm

Different experience for me

I've got the Chase Ink Plus and have been getting 5x points on my utility bill (electricity, water, gas). Want to downgrade to Ink Cash. Neither terms state 5x on utilities (only internet, cable, etc). Has anyone had the 5x utilities and downgraded? Any change?
I put most of my utility bills on the Ink Plus in the hopes that some of them, besides the stated ones, would get 5x. No luck. Just downgraded to Ink Cash, too soon to tell, but I'm not expecting anything different. Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.