Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase is converting some Mastercards to Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
In post 91, sechs explained that:

Chase is only converting their own branded cards [from MC to Visa]. The IHG card was converted the other way [from Visa to MC]; the AGR card, a Mastercard, is staying that way.
Print Wikipost

Chase is converting some Mastercards to Visa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:46 pm

Downgraded my CSP World MC to the no fee sapphire card today, was told it has to be converted to a Visa Signature card with a new number
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:36 am

My parents just received a notice that their Freedom MC was being switched to a Visa. I had already requested changing my Freedom MC to a Visa Signature, so I don't know if I would have gotten a similar notice.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:34 pm

Anyone else notice that their Ink Bold Mastercard is showing "not available" for all values online today?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by bribro
This is the right answer. IHG will be MC only actually.
Exactly. this thread needs to be closed unless the title is changed as it's now 100% incorrect. My IC visa has already been converted to MC
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Exactly. this thread needs to be closed unless the title is changed as it's now 100% incorrect. My IC visa has already been converted to MC
Chase is converting MCs to Visas, just maybe not the IHG cards.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Anyone else notice that their Ink Bold Mastercard is showing "not available" for all values online today?
I noticed after 4 purchases were declined and I logged in to see if there was a problem. Account is not available and now a note that if I haven't received my new cards, they should arrive soon. That's great, and in the meantime, Amex got those purchases since they couldn't either have told me a date to stop using the old cards, or waited until the new ones actually arrived...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by Superorb
Chase is converting MCs to Visas, just maybe not the IHG cards.
I think that someone said this upthread, but it's clearly just the non-cobranded cards that are being converted.

In addition to the IHG card going all MC, the AGR card is apparently sticking with Mastercard.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
I think that someone said this upthread, but it's clearly just the non-cobranded cards that are being converted.

In addition to the IHG card going all MC, the AGR card is apparently sticking with Mastercard.
AGR?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Amtrak Guest Rewards.
Old May 5, 2014, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by trikotret
just got a letter from chase that they are converting my business cards to visa in June. going to have to cancel the cards since my vendor only uses MasterCard and amex for purchases. I buy about 25k a month of inventory
To those who received a letter: Is the date of conversion somewhat close to the date your MasterCard would expire?

Has anyone had their MC converted to Visa WITHOUT receiving advance notice? It sounds like that happened to neonate but I can't be sure.

(My Ink Bold MC is only a year old and doesn't expire until mid-2016. I'd like to keep it for a while but also want to cancel before being auto converted to Visa.)

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2014, 4:23 pm

Chase says they are converting ALL Mastercards to Visa

my ink bold MasterCard doesn't expire until Dec. it got converted in April. I'm still waiting on the visa card to arrive
Old May 7, 2014, 5:47 pm

Is it time to cancel the Ink Plus/Bold MC to apply for Visa in future?

Seems like Chase will be converting the Ink MC to Ink Visa this year. If so, is it time to cancel the MC so you may reapply for visa in the future?
Old May 8, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Originally Posted by ZontarTheThingFromVenus
Was told by a CSR yesterday that Chase is converting ALL Mastercards to Visas by the end of next year - no exceptions.

They haven't converted mine yet. No word
Old May 9, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I was told by SM that they are gradually changing MC to Visa throughout 2014. So it could be a YMMV situation on when it happens for you. It does sound like it will happen, though.
Old May 13, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by jeanie
I was told by SM that they are gradually changing MC to Visa throughout 2014. So it could be a YMMV situation on when it happens for you. It does sound like it will happen, though.
They haven't told me of any conversion... yet.

This would entail new CC #'s for everyone who held the popular Continental Airlines Card, which became the United Card but still issued as a MC for the millions of Continental Card holders. That is a lot of customers, a little hard to believe.

Wells Fargo, the "founder" of MC, did the same thing about a decade ago. No exceptions, every single MC credit/debit/ATM card for existing WF customers got switched to Visa. It was a mess and a huge PR disaster, as newspapers wrote stories about all the customers whose autopays started getting rejected because the CC # had changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.