Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase is converting some Mastercards to Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
In post 91, sechs explained that:

Chase is only converting their own branded cards [from MC to Visa]. The IHG card was converted the other way [from Visa to MC]; the AGR card, a Mastercard, is staying that way.
Print Wikipost

Chase is converting some Mastercards to Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Tinker25
I forgot to cancel the bold MC. But I have not yet received conversion notice. Anyone in the same boat?
Same here. I still have an Ink Bold and Ink Cash Mastercard. No signs of conversion. My Freedom Mastcard was converted to Visa a few months ago though.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Since not ALL cards are being converted would some volunteer to start a Wiki for this thread? Just click on "Thread Tools" and the 6th item down is Create Wiki. Anyone with 30 days & 30 posts under their belt can create and edit. Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Since not ALL cards are being converted would some volunteer to start a Wiki for this thread? Just click on "Thread Tools" and the 6th item down is Create Wiki. Anyone with 30 days & 30 posts under their belt can create and edit. Thanks.
I just created a Wiki based on post 91 (which was voted by others as very helpful).
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
Same here. I still have an Ink Bold and Ink Cash Mastercard. No signs of conversion. My Freedom Mastcard was converted to Visa a few months ago though.
I also still have a Ink Bold MC. Freedom was converted from MC to Visa though (and not Signature, despite a healthy CL). Here's to hoping that MC Easy Savings rolls out a Staples rebate similar to what Visa Savings Edge. That was those of us with MCs can have some additional fun.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Called Chase, checking on my Ink Bold - if conversion has done in case I missed the mail. She did a bit lookup, told me that all MC to be converted to Visa by Sep/Oct 14. But she said no new card has been sent to me.

I used the Bold at hand, made an online purchase, still worked.

Time to cancel to pave way for Visa
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Process resumes in 2018. Discussion here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ly-2018-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.