Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by DMPHL
You're likely to be very disappointed with the expectation here. AA's wording often does not line up with the official access policies, especially when they are trying to add carveouts for specific stations where there are arrangements (e.g. BA at MIA, CX at JFK).

The key language in this is "qualifying international or transcontinental flight." BA flights to/from JFK are not "qualifying" international flights, nor are, for instance, JL F flights. You'd be granted access to the Flagship Lounge on the connection from BA F, but not Flagship First Dining.

When BA moves to T8, they will have shared lounge facilities, including an all-new combined Flagship First/BA F section.
We been invited to FFD flying BA F from Kennedy to London before.
Old May 15, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by KARFA
Where does it say this?

If it is intended to not include non AA oneworld flights, why say does it mention flights marketed and operated by oneworld?
It doesn’t explicitly exclude JFK flights. I am saying that the definition of “qualifying” has historically meant AA Flagship First and F on OW airlines that have contracted with AA to allow access to their F passengers at specific stations…CX at JFK, BA at MIA and formerly DFW.

You may get reports of people being allowed in sporadically on other itineraries, but those are exceptions.
Old May 15, 2022, 5:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DMPHL
It doesn’t explicitly exclude JFK flights. I am saying that the definition of “qualifying” has historically meant AA Flagship First and F on OW airlines that have contracted with AA to allow access to their F passengers at specific stations…CX at JFK, BA at MIA and formerly DFW.

You may get reports of people being allowed in sporadically on other itineraries, but those are exceptions.
Well, it has clearly changed though since it now includes oneworld flights as I noted. This is the whole point of the recent discussion. Additionally, recent entry to FFD for non AA flights has been more than sporadic and corroborates this recent change of policy.
Old May 15, 2022, 5:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CCayley
Doesn't the use of the limiter “qualifying” imply there will be some flights that meet the rest of the description (international/oneworld etc.) that are nevertheless non-qualifying? If not then the word is otiose.
it seems "qualifying flights" prior to the recent change just meant this:

If you’re flying on American Airlines in Flagship® First on qualifying international or transcontinental flights, you automatically have access.*

Qualifying international flights

Flights between the U.S. and:

• Asia
  • Australia
  • Europe
  • South America

Qualifying transcontinental flights

3-class non-stop flights between:

• New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
  • JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
  • JFK and Orange County (SNA) – traveling on A321T aircraft only
  • LAX and Boston (BOS) – traveling on A321T aircraft only
  • LAX and Miami (MIA) – traveling on Boeing 777-300 aircraft only
*Departing flight must be marketed and operated by American on the same day (or before 6 a.m. the following day). Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by KARFA
Well, it has clearly changed though since it now includes oneworld flights as I noted. This is the whole point of the recent discussion. Additionally, recent entry to FFD for non AA flights has been more than sporadic and corroborates this recent change of policy.
Well this is good news!
KARFA likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Loosely DYKWIA - or perhaps “Are You Sure You Know Who That Is?”.

It’s the question I need to ask myself before I reach out an arm and affectionately stroke the leg of someone returning from a nocturnal toilet trip. It wasn’t Mr WSM…
antichef, Shingi, YacozA and 4 others like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA LTG MM
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother

It’s the question I need to ask myself before I reach out an arm and affectionately stroke the leg of someone returning from a nocturnal toilet trip. It wasn’t Mr WSM…
Sounds more like "Do You Know Who I've Assaulted?".
Old May 17, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold

I've been traumatised ever since... 😂
Old May 17, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Duplicated,

still shaking after my leg was grabbed in the dark
LCY8737, wrp96, nilsfr69 and 1 others like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 7:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

A woman came up behind me in a pub once and starting massaging my baldy bonce. I was quite enjoying it, and assumed it was somebody I knew. It was only when I turned round we realised.... I'm not sure who was more horrified

Even better, I actually knew her husband, and he was about 5'4", and I'm 6'2".
Old May 17, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
A woman came up behind me in a pub once and starting massaging my baldy bonce. I was quite enjoying it, and assumed it was somebody I knew. It was only when I turned round we realised.... I'm not sure who was more horrified

Even better, I actually knew her husband, and he was about 5'4", and I'm 6'2".
Or was she really horrified?
Old May 17, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass

Are we to assume this was when you were a passenger on an aircraft?
WickedStepMother and abraxias like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I've just witnessed someone whistling at a security agent to stop her in AGP. He had luggage and she was walking faster than him. When she noticed it was her he was whistling she stopped, and I'm almost sorry I didn't see what happened next but he had obviously been in the sun all day and had a few too many. South of England accent and colourful language. The manners on some people...

Last edited by alex67500; May 17, 2022 at 3:04 pm
Old May 17, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
I've been traumatised ever since... 😂
How long did it take for you to be traumatized? It would have taken me about 15 minutes.
antichef and Fatdickie like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GOLD
In my eyes the DYKWIA award of the day goes to David Abel (of Covid Diamond Princess "fame") with his rant at BA on Facebook from Vancouver Airport - he is well and truly throwing his toys out of the pram. (sorry can't link the 2 minute video). He sounds so pompous it's unbelievable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.