Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips to enjoy 1st time in First?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Question Tips to enjoy 1st time in First?

Many credit cards, tesco vouchers, topcashbacks and promotions later (thanks Raffles & HeadForPoints!) - I finally booked my girfriend and I with a 2-4-1 onto a flight in First to Kuala Lumpur (on the 787 which I believe is a good thing?), and then will be coming back from SIN in J.

Flew CW J once (lucky upgrade from NYC) and given we enjoyed our "two middle seats area" in J the missus has said we need to take the middle seats in F as well (although not sure this is worth it myself given it's not the same layout?)

Any tips and suggestions for us to get the most out of the F experience? What not to miss?
Old May 28, 2017, 6:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fuggi
Many credit cards, tesco vouchers, topcashbacks and promotions later (thanks Raffles & HeadForPoints!) - I finally booked my girfriend and I with a 2-4-1 onto a flight in First to Kuala Lumpur (on the 787 which I believe is a good thing?), and then will be coming back from SIN in J.

Flew CW J once (lucky upgrade from NYC) and given we enjoyed our "two middle seats area" in J the missus has said we need to take the middle seats in F as well (although not sure this is worth it myself given it's not the same layout?)

Any tips and suggestions for us to get the most out of the F experience? What not to miss?
I am sure others will provide more information. However it is worth having a read of the maximising you trip in F thread which is linked to in the dashboard.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
if you look at the dashboard there is a thread dedicated to making the most of first

sorry can't link to it as on phone
Old May 28, 2017, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
It's this one

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post13303132

Top tips; book massage once slots open, maximise time CCR, hatch a plan on when you want to eat on demand - it's a long flight.

I did one of the first New Fs to KUL on the 789 - and doing again in August. It's a great aircraft. Several F on the 789 to San Jose, CA, it's my new favourite way of going to West Coast USA
Old May 28, 2017, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much! Apologies clearly a popular topic, I had done a search although probably need to be better with my search terms in future

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the other threads
Old May 28, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Hi Fuggi, in addition to all the advice above, make sure you have plenty of time to enjoy the CCR at T5 - and let the crew know it's your first time in First, they seem really good at making first times special. Enjoy your trip.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I found the crew quite like this route, which helps, last time my F crew had both bid for it. Guzzle as much champs as you can
Old May 28, 2017, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Don't order an SPML!
Old May 28, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Duplicate deleted

Last edited by Fitch; May 28, 2017 at 7:25 am
Old May 28, 2017, 6:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Fuggi
... Flew CW J once (lucky upgrade from NYC) and given we enjoyed our "two middle seats area" in J the missus has said we need to take the middle seats in F as well (although not sure this is worth it myself given it's not the same layout?) ...
Congratulations on your first First! I hope you have a great trip.

Your wife might have a point about the centre seats. If you want to spend time together on the flight you really should take the centre seats. Unlike First on all the other aircraft, there are no buddy seats on the B789 so it will be difficult to enjoy a drink and a chat with each other. You certainly won't be able to dine together if in window seats.

First on the B789 is very nice, I find the seats very comfortable but there's not as much aisle room as other First cabins and so there's another reason to take the centre seats if you wish to chat to each other during the flight.

When I travel with my wife we always take window seats and, very often, use the buddy seat to enjoy a few drinks and to dine together. That was something we missed on the B789 and the only negative we found travelling as a couple.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
My top tip is: relax !

It won't be perfect but it will be (99.9% of the time) very, very good.

Most people on the planet will never fly, let alone fly first class so just sit back and enjoy your good fortune
Old May 28, 2017, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Fitch
My top tip is: relax !

It won't be perfect but it will be (99.9% of the time) very, very good.

Most people on the planet will never fly, let alone fly first class so just sit back and enjoy your good fortune
Lot of truth in that.

My top tip is stay away from airline review sites and the F experience on BA.com. Just take it as it comes.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Your wife might have a point about the centre seats.
Maybe, but he's taking his girlfriend not his wife!

(Although OP does refer to girlfriend and then missus)
Old May 28, 2017, 8:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by madfish
Maybe, but he's taking his girlfriend not his wife!

(Although OP does refer to girlfriend and then missus)
Hahaha - however, the advice is the same irrespective of which female consort the OP decides to take with him

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.