Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time BA First

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

First time BA First

I am new in here and very glad to be now a part of the Flyertalk Community. In the first week of April I will fly the first time British Airways and the first time First Class to LAX. Any idea what will be served inflight? Is there a link where I can check what they serve or which meals are on the card?
Thanks in advance for your help
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Welcome to FT! You can request the menu from YouFirst (contact details on ba.com) around 2-3 weeks before departure.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:53 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

A warm welcome to Flyeralk Pipi1979 and the BA Board. A first time in F is special and I do hope it meets your expectations in many regards.

This is a very useful thread, The Dashboard, which is on the main page and put together by some extremely knowledgeable members.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...dashboard.html

Please post away with your experiences and views, it's what makes this place!

Pete
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
First time BA First

Hope you have a good flight! As mentioned YouFirst can provide you with a menu.

I did my first F last week on the A380 and it was fabulous. (Pics on the food thread to follow when I'm back home). Enjoy.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm also going to experience my first first in April. Also to LAX on the A380. I can't wait.

Intending to have a great brekkie in the concord room. Enjoy as much champagne on board as possible, but not too much that I pass out and forget the experience. I will be partaking in the new tasting menu, putting on my A380 first pajamas, even though it's a day time flight and then stuffing my face on afternoon tea. I might even play with the window blinds for far too long. I will definitely eat too many scones for afternoon tea.

What's your plan?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I think the special pajamas may have gone now, otherwise sounds like a great plan!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by kingcole974
I'm also going to experience my first first in April. Also to LAX on the A380. I can't wait.

Intending to have a great brekkie in the concord room. Enjoy as much champagne on board as possible, but not too much that I pass out and forget the experience. I will be partaking in the new tasting menu, putting on my A380 first pajamas, even though it's a day time flight and then stuffing my face on afternoon tea. I might even play with the window blinds for far too long. I will definitely eat too many scones for afternoon tea.

What's your plan?
there are quite a few threads on maximising the F experience with many questions answered.

for what it's worth, my 2 pence:

- be realistic and don't expect to be feeling "OMG" at every step of the journey: you should have a great experience and many many people report back on here how much they enjoyed it / loved it but there can be a danger of too much hype / expectation which could spoilt it for some fun. I personally think the basics is why I like F: comfy seat, the space, the IFE, meals etc. even when I don't get addressed by name or the CSM/CSD greets me.
- if you want to make the most of CCR, plan some time (though not too much): massages aren't amazing and in my view, hardly worth it, but why not try it. food is good. enjoy the views from the terrace.
- over and above, enjoy. you should have a very nice flight and I am well jealous!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979
there are quite a few threads on maximising the F experience with many questions answered.

for what it's worth, my 2 pence:

- be realistic and don't expect to be feeling "OMG" at every step of the journey: you should have a great experience and many many people report back on here how much they enjoyed it / loved it but there can be a danger of too much hype / expectation which could spoilt it for some fun. I personally think the basics is why I like F: comfy seat, the space, the IFE, meals etc. even when I don't get addressed by name or the CSM/CSD greets me.
- if you want to make the most of CCR, plan some time (though not too much): massages aren't amazing and in my view, hardly worth it, but why not try it. food is good. enjoy the views from the terrace.
- over and above, enjoy. you should have a very nice flight and I am well jealous!
Good advice. I was going to skip the message as I assumed it was the same the what I would have had in club?

We are on the 0935 flight so currently trading off maximum lounge time against an early start which I won't waste by having my face rubbed and moisturised!

I'm staying in the Sofitel the night before and was thinking of a 0600 alarm to be up showered and walking through the special door for 7.

This flight is part of an ex EU from Dublin to vegas and I am thinking I will do a trip report of each leg.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Good advice. I was going to skip the message as I assumed it was the same the what I would have had in club?

We are on the 0935 flight so currently trading off maximum lounge time against an early start which I won't waste by having my face rubbed and moisturised!

I'm staying in the Sofitel the night before and was thinking of a 0600 alarm to be up showered and walking through the special door for 7.

This flight is part of an ex EU from Dublin to vegas and I am thinking I will do a trip report of each leg.
yes, the massage is the same as for any pax who can have it, i.e. there's no F massage that is better than a CW / Gold massage.

7am for a 9.35am departure sounds 'sensisble' to me: it's plenty of time but given this is a special trip for you, no need to rush (and you'll be boarding from B or B gates so will need to leave the lounge probably around 8.30am (KIV the B gate lounge is ok to for a bit more waiting - I'd rather be there / at the gate early than rush). so you'll have a good 90 mins in the CCR which is enough for food, relaxing, some papers and some views.

Trip Reports are always a great read - include plenty of pics please.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
First time BA First

The massage is the same but you can pre book with YouFirst so you'll actually get one.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
I look forward to reading it.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:19 am

Here is a direct link to the thread "Maximising your Experience in First":

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post13303132
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
I think the special pajamas may have gone now, otherwise sounds like a great plan!
They have gone I'm afraid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.