Wiki Posts
Search

Just booked my first BA First

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Just booked my first BA First

After much searching of options and timings I've taken the plunge, raided my savings and booked my first BA First trip. And I'm soooo excited!

I've opted for EDI-LHR-YYZ (BA0093) on the outbound and (BA0048) SEA-LHR-EDI on the inbound, with a 4-day trip on Via Rail's "Canadian" from Toronto to Vancouver inbetween and a couple of days visiting friends in Portland and Seattle.

The flights were 1658 + 30k Avios, which I'm well pleased with
August can't come soon enough! Now I'm off to study the 'maximising First' thread
Old May 13, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Nice, I hope you enjoy it. It's a lovely place to be.

Incidentally, I've just booked my first revenue First due to the quirk of an R class business fare being more expensive than an A class first fare. My work travel policy is business so I've taken screen shots just in case for the future.
Old May 13, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Good for you, I hope you enjoy it. I'm hoping to get there myself one of these days.
Old May 13, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Under 2k all-in for an ex-UK First is .... astonishing.
Old May 13, 2016, 3:07 pm

Expect average "business class" type food, service and lounge. But for the price you paid, its still a good value. My recent post on BA F:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lmed-ba-f.html
Old May 13, 2016, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by AntonS
Expect average "business class" type food, service and lounge. But for the price you paid, its still a good value. My recent post on BA F:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lmed-ba-f.html
Maybe we should just let Tiffywren enjoy the feeling of having booked his/her first FIRST flight rather than knocking him/her down with your one bad experience you sadly had, so it seems.
Yes I have travelled in FIRST many a times and the good experiences have outweighed the not so nice ones by far.

So I share your excitement Tiffywren I certainly was excited when I booked my first one and still am now. Just booked another redemption recently and already looking forward to it.
Here is to you having a great experience and making the most of it

Last edited by Flier74; May 13, 2016 at 3:22 pm
Old May 13, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Tiffywren
After much searching of options and timings I've taken the plunge, raided my savings and booked my first BA First trip. And I'm soooo excited!

I've opted for EDI-LHR-YYZ (BA0093) on the outbound and (BA0048) SEA-LHR-EDI on the inbound, with a 4-day trip on Via Rail's "Canadian" from Toronto to Vancouver inbetween and a couple of days visiting friends in Portland and Seattle.

August can't come soon enough! Now I'm off to study the 'maximising First' thread
What a brilliant-sounding holiday and on those flights you might get to sample a couple of different aircraft types for F! Plus because you are connecting to EDI you will also be able to use the CCR on the inbound leg too- remember to ask YouFirst to book a cabana/spa treatment if you want it.

I have been really lucky and flown F a decent number of times this year and last and I still get excited. In fact, I think I am becoming a bit of a pansy and starting to prefer F seats to sleep in too

Remember to tell the crew it is your first time as well and they will hopefully make a bit of a fuss!
Old May 13, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus

I hope you love it, as I did mine. My outbound and return were fantastic and I can't wait to do it again. Great price.
Old May 13, 2016, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Cymro
Yes simply astonishing. It may not be the best out there but at least BA allows those who could only ever dream of flying in first class the opportunity to do so. ^

If only I'd been born twenty years ago. I could have avoided paying through the nose for a seat in a cramped Y cabin.
Old May 13, 2016, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
You don't have to do an ex-EU to get that in the current sale. I've booked to ORD for under 1900.
Old May 13, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
We (Mr saint_em and I) flew LHR-YVR and SEA-LHR in First to/from our honeymoon last year.

The experience was everything we hoped F would be. The food was very good, but more importantly the crew on both legs were amazing. Nothing was too much trouble, and they seemed genuinely interested in why we were flying and what we were going to do on our trip.

We were quite clearly newbies, and enjoying the novelty, and I think our enthusiasm was appreciated by the crew.

We got a bottle of champagne on both legs, and on the way home were given the map of the route we flew signed by all the crew, including those on the flight deck.

Obviously everyone's experience is different, but if yours is even only half as good as ours you'll have a great time!
Old May 13, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
Incidentally, I've just booked my first revenue First due to the quirk of an R class business fare being more expensive than an A class first fare. My work travel policy is business so I've taken screen shots just in case for the future.
I am looking forward to my first First booked on this basis too, screen shot well and truly saved Momentous trip for me, outbound CW to US today for the first time as Gold so looking forward to a zone J checkin and the Flounge. The F-cheaper-than-CW return will also be my 99th BA flight. Unconfined excitement

Last edited by LBP2; May 14, 2016 at 12:09 am
Old May 14, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Deleted
Old May 14, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I wonder how many of us have booked our first First due to the recent (and still current) sale ?
For me, it was a no brainer (only the return leg sadly) as the fare was only 200 more than J.
Neither my mother (who I am travelling with) or I will probably do so again so we are looking forward to the experience.
We will get to experience the CCR in JFK.
To all the other first timers....yay !
Old May 14, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold

Excellent, I'm sure it will be a great experience.

Me and Mrs Dontflymuch are doing our first First in August DUB-LHR-YVR-SEA-SFO-LHR-DUB, but only the LHR-YVR is in First for now. It was supposed to be a surprise, but I couldn't contain it any longer and emailed her with youtube videos of A380 first, the reply came back - Are we really going to be in seats like this? Before FT premium cabins were something for the rich and famous, now I'm already planning our next trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.