Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just booked my first BA First

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I wonder how many of us have booked our first First due to the recent (and still current) sale ?
For me, it was a no brainer (only the return leg sadly) as the fare was only £200 more than J.
Neither my mother (who I am travelling with) or I will probably do so again so we are looking forward to the experience.
We will get to experience the CCR in JFK.
To all the other first timers....yay !
Yes, and if you take off the £80 I would pay for seat selection on the UD then the difference is only £120.
Old May 14, 2016, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Impressive fare, Tiffywren ... well done, and enjoy! That looks like a nice trip all round.

Looking at that fare, I've just paid £1,250 + 30k each for CE/CW JER-UK-IAD, which makes your bargain even more impressive!
Old May 14, 2016, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by T8191
Impressive fare, Tiffywren ... well done, and enjoy! That looks like a nice trip all round.

Looking at that fare, I've just paid £1,250 + 30k each for CE/CW JER-UK-IAD, which makes your bargain even more impressive!
Thank you! I'm just waiting on the Via Rail 'Discount Tuesday' fare for the train trip... but don't tell anyone how much taxpayers' money I've probably wasted checking out the First and CCR threads on here during work time...
Old May 14, 2016, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
Under £2k all-in for an ex-UK First is .... astonishing.

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
You don't have to do an ex-EU to get that in the current sale.
I think Cymro knows that
Old May 14, 2016, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Congratulations...!

Just approach it with an open mind, enjoy the experience and let the crew know it is your first time in First and I hope they will take exceptional care of you.

Ignore the moaners and complainers who simply seek out reasons to dumb down peoples experiences and excitement to push their own agenda.

The rail part sounds most exciting to me, flying is a busman's holiday to me, so alternative travel is very interesting. I travelled in 2005 on Amtrak all over the states and found the rail part a great relaxing experience... I have head that the Canadian equivalent is better than the American one...

Hope you have a wonderful wonderful trip...

Last edited by BingBongBoy; May 14, 2016 at 5:35 am
Old May 14, 2016, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks BBB, I had my first time in Club in March and I absolutely loved it, so I'm really looking forward to this, planes and trains both - I'll have to get a taxi to EDI and make it a "planes, trains and automobiles" trip
Old May 14, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
That looks like a really good trip you have planned. I am jealous!

It is also great to see other people who get a thrill out of booking holidays. I genuinely feel down if I don't have something booked and coming up in one of my travel apps. Off to HNL in 2 weeks (ex DUB), but need to start looking for my next travel fix!
Old May 14, 2016, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Tiffywren
Thanks BBB, I had my first time in Club in March and I absolutely loved it, so I'm really looking forward to this, planes and trains both - I'll have to get a taxi to EDI and make it a "planes, trains and automobiles" trip
Ha ha ha... Yes, make sure you do! ^
Old May 14, 2016, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any chance you can bolt a "boats" into the agenda?
Old May 14, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by AntonS
Expect average "business class" type food, service and lounge. But for the price you paid, its still a good value. My recent post on BA F:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lmed-ba-f.html
Not really necessary. Don't poop on others' happiness.

Enjoy OS.
Old May 14, 2016, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
Any chance you can bolt a "boats" into the agenda?
Well I could just nip down to work and go on board before I leave for the airport
Old May 14, 2016, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I could just nip down to work and go on board before I leave for the airport
DO IT!! A potentially good starter photo and text for your subsequent TR
Old May 14, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: BA silver,
Thank you! I'm just waiting on the Via Rail 'Discount Tuesday' fare for the train trip... but don't tell anyone how much taxpayers' money I've probably wasted checking out the First and CCR threads on here during work time...
Is the Discount Tuesday fare a regular promotion and what kind of discount do you get? Am planning a trip on Babybus to JFK, train NYC to Montreal ad then back to LHR after a few days driving in Quebec.
Old May 14, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: IHG Gold
If you are travelling in August, I strongly suggest you book now. They typically don't discount those fares on the Canadian in prime season (which is what July and August are).
Old May 14, 2016, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rjhcambs
Is the Discount Tuesday fare a regular promotion and what kind of discount do you get? Am planning a trip on Babybus to JFK, train NYC to Montreal ad then back to LHR after a few days driving in Quebec.
The discount offers are posted every Tuesday at 1200 BST, the discounts look to about 20% offered up to 5 weeks in advance, just keep checking the Via Rail website.

Originally Posted by mapleg
If you are travelling in August, I strongly suggest you book now. They typically don't discount those fares on the Canadian in prime season (which is what July and August are).
I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up mapleg ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.