Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just booked my first BA First

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by rjhcambs
Is the Discount Tuesday fare a regular promotion and what kind of discount do you get? Am planning a trip on Babybus to JFK, train NYC to Montreal ad then back to LHR after a few days driving in Quebec.
The train from NY to Montreal is an Amtrak train, not a Via train so there would be no discount offered (at least by Via, not sure what Amtrak deals there might be)
Old May 14, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
OP if it was me I'd fly from YYZ to YYC and take the Rocky Mountaineer train from there through the Rockies. Unless you are getting off at the various prairie cities the Canadian is going to get pretty boring until you hit the mountains.
Old May 14, 2016, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
The Rocky Mountineer is on my bucket list too, Crampedin13A! I just didn't have enough time to manage it this trip, maybe next year! It does look a fabulous journey, I'll have to do some serious savings and do it in style with the Gold Leaf Service though.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Tiffywren
The Rocky Mountineer is on my bucket list too, Crampedin13A! I just didn't have enough time to manage it this trip, maybe next year! It does look a fabulous journey, I'll have to do some serious savings and do it in style with the Gold Leaf Service though.
Funny that I just looked at that yesterday and it is certain ,y on my list too. Just somehow need to convince the OH

Liking the idea of it as well as the train from BKK to KUL or SIN, which looks very nice too plus you'd sleep on it
Old May 15, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
I too took advantage of the F sale and have booked LHR - ORD, SJC-LHR for a touch over 2000. Chicago to San Francisco will be on the Amtrak California Zephyr.

Despite all the negativity on the other thread, I'm still looking forward to it.
Old May 15, 2016, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

Just approach it with an open mind, enjoy the experience and let the crew know it is your first time in First and I hope they will take exceptional care of you
It would be nice to think that irrespective of how many times you fly in F, the service should be consistent.

That said, my First F was exceptional both out and inbound without having to inform the crew on boarding.
Old May 15, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: baec
Originally Posted by T8191
Any chance you can bolt a "boats" into the agenda?
Ferry to Vancouver Island?
Old May 15, 2016, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by greenfinch
Ooh, two Vancouvers in one trip, like it greenfinch
Old May 15, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by greenfinch
Or even the flying boat.
Old May 15, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Or even the flying boat.
Oh, that's almost cheating, but I like the idea
Old May 15, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Or even the flying boat.
I can thoroughly recommend the flying boat. We flew right over Vancouver airport which was fascinating. Also the mountain sightseeing flights are well worth it.
Old May 15, 2016, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Flexible preferences, Rubecula you've sold me on the flying boat, I'm going to do some googling and plan it in. This is going to be "the best trip ever"
Old May 15, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Rubecula
I can thoroughly recommend the flying boat. We flew right over Vancouver airport which was fascinating. Also the mountain sightseeing flights are well worth it.
+1. It is always fun to look for operations like this. New Zealand has quite a few affordable ones too.
Old May 15, 2016, 9:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Flexible preferences, Rubecula you've sold me on the flying boat, I'm going to do some googling and plan it in. This is going to be "the best trip ever"
Try and edge on last in the queue to board. If the seats in the aircraft at the back are filled up, they will give you the co-pilot's seat. [Or approach the pilot beforehand and ask nicely]
Old May 15, 2016, 9:35 am

Absolutely wonderful - enjoy ^

Our hotel looked over the harbour where they took off and landed and it was actually joyful to watch. Never tried it, took the ferry actually and saw pilot whales from the deck. However, I'd love to do the seaplane next time I am there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.