Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
This is great news. Particularly on the ex-Band 1's where they managed a hot brekkie, but nothing else substantial the rest of the day?

"a tasty hot meal accompanied by warm bread"

With a plate??
Isn't it a warm sandwich rather than a hot meal? I believe it may be...
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Am doing a Long to LCA Tuesday so will post some photos.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Interesting... TXL is a stretch of "Short" band while WAW and KRK are both in "Long".

My next BA CE flight is mid May, two evening flights, looking forward to try the new CE service!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by megaloman
Interesting... TXL is a stretch of "Short" band while WAW and KRK are both in "Long".
being in KRK I think this is great news!! My Friday afternoon flights from KRK have now become a meal, and my 16:55 return from LHR has also become a meal
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
It only mentions a full bar on some services... does that mean no more champagne breakfasts??

I cant imagine them opening / carrying a full sized bottle for a 9am flight
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by AndyFlyer
Isn't it a warm sandwich rather than a hot meal? I believe it may be...
My reading is that it depends if it is domestic or not. Taken from the above quoted link

For lunch and dinner you can choose between a fresh salad and a hot sandwich (on flights within the UK) or a tasty hot meal accompanied by warm bread and a full bar service (on flights within Europe).

But, does that mean the choice is between salad and sandwich on domestics, and a choice between salad and a hot meal on European flights?

or

Does it mean that we will all get the salad and then a choice between sandwich and hot meal?

I would say say the former as the later isn't a choice as they would be giving you both. I do think their wording and structure could be a little clearer.

MODS is there any reason why we cannot post a screenshot of the above linked page for future reference if any changes do occur?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:20 am

Nice work as always Prospero!

Personally with ARN as my base I like these changes and will now always get a proper meal. But as I read it some of the shorter flights will not get a hot meal post breakfast?

Maybe I read it wrong somewhere.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I'm flying back from MLA in CE on Sunday so I will take some pics and report back.

(Currently in the new Club Lounge at LGW which is very nice as has been reported. Very disgruntled passenger in front of me dismayed that the First lounge was closed when we arrived about 06:45 and was forced to turn right not left...)
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I'm happy this is being rolled out on Sunday. I'm flying a 'long' route which used to be band 3 so was expecting an afternoon tea service. I'll cancel my special meal and enjoy the new offering.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Wait... so a 'tasty hot meal' on ALL European flights at lunch or dinner times?!

Is this actually a hot meal, or is it BA-speak for a cheese toastie?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
Wait... so a 'tasty hot meal' on ALL European flights at lunch or dinner times?!

Is this actually a hot meal, or is it BA-speak for a cheese toastie?
If you take time to read the link posted above you will note:

"For lunch and dinner you can choose between a fresh salad and a hot sandwich (on flights within the UK) or a tasty hot meal accompanied by warm bread and a full bar service (on flights within Europe)."
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

"For lunch and dinner you can choose between a fresh salad and a hot sandwich (on flights within the UK) or a tasty hot meal accompanied by warm bread and a full bar service (on flights within Europe)."
I have, of course, read BA.com.

If you take time to read my post, I was questioning the definition of 'tasty hot meal' in this very sentence on BA.com.

Is anyone able to actually answer my question, please?

Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

You are assuming that the information posted on BA.com is correct and not misleading marketing guff.

As with everything BA do these days, any improvement to anything will be balanced by an equivalent cost saving.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
I have, of course, read BA.com.

If you take time to read my post, I was questioning the definition of 'tasty hot meal' in this very sentence on BA.com.

Is anyone able to actually answer my question, please?

Thanks.
In a time where BA have been penny pinching across the board we now see a veritable improvement in the service offerings. This is a genuine improvement of the CE proposition.

Your question was clearly formed to imply a negative slant to this positive news, The answer to your question is clearly answered in my post. BA have been unequivocal in their description of the offering (a) a 'hot sandwich' on domestics (and presumably your 'cheese toastie' would come under that description) and (b) a 'hot meal' on other routes (and presumably your 'cheese toastie' would not come under that description).
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Many thanks Prospero!

Perhaps you could add Marrakech to the list of places that fall into the new Long category please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.