Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight attendant rude beyond belief

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
The blog plug just makes people a little more cynical about the story.

Basically, it sounds like the FA felt the OP was being rude by ignoring him, and mildly overreacted. Should he have been more professional? Yes, probably, but this is one of those very small things that hardly seems worth thinking twice about, much less starting a thread about or making a blog post about.

Life goes on.
Too true Doc^
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
BA flight attendant rude beyond belief

Another drearily predictable set of replies to the OP . This forum is becoming tedious in the extreme
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by danielonn
Man you are way too demanding. Do you expect a full lunch on a 45 minute flight?(even less).

I live in California and fly to Los Angles which is 45 minutes once we are in the air. I am lucky to get a soda and am happy. On Delta in Economy Comfort I ask for a double of my favorite alcoholic beverage as its included in the fare and am happy. I am always ready with my order and if I should be asleep and miss the drink service its not the end of the world.
Do you fly on BA? Drinks and snacks are served on even the shortest flights. They do not demand that you are ready with your drink order, but ask if "you would like anything to drink, Sir / Madam?

It sounds like the OP awoke as the drinks and snacks were being served, asked for a drink, and received a very rude response. The cabin crew offer baskets of various snacks, from which passengers take their snack of choice. It is definitely not rude to take a snack from the basket!!

FYI, the call button is not just for emergencies - it is perfectly OK to press it to request service.

I think the OP should definitely report this episode to BA.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:39 pm
Suspended

“Well, I asked you what would you like to drink several times a moment ago and you just ignored me…”
That's the way to do it. ^
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:09 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
A shameless plug for yet another travel blog.
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Flog flog flog, flog flog that blog....

[mod hat]Per FT rules, blog links are permissible providing the post contains sufficient stand alone content and full disclosure is made.[/mod hat]

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Oct 3, 2015, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
[mod hat]Per FT rules, blog links are permissible providing the post contains sufficient stand alone content and full disclosure is made.[/mod hat]

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
All well and good, though it is still a shameless plug. OP wrote in his post ..."
Check out the full story of my highly unsatisfactory BA experience on my blog" --- Yet, he had already posted the entire story here ... there are zero extra details on his blog. It's up to FT if they wish to turn the forum into an advertisement platform for blogs, I just called it the way I saw it. Cheers.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
All well and good, though it is still a shameless plug. OP wrote in his post ..."
Check out the full story of my highly unsatisfactory BA experience on my blog" --- Yet, he had already posted the entire story here ... there are zero extra details on his blog. It's up to FT if they wish to turn the forum into an advertisement platform for blogs, I just called it the way I saw it. Cheers.
Yes, there is no unique content here that isn't already in the blog. In fact it is close to an exact copy.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This reminds me of a BD GLA-LHR flight I once took. When I took my aisle seat there was already a bloke in the window seat, head bowed reading a magazine while listening to Bowie on his Sony Walkman.
He continued this behaviour all through the safety briefing and beyond. When the inflight service started he was asked if he wanted anything. As he was in a world of his own the cabin crew got no response so quite rightly they just carried on.
All of a sudden somewhere over Cumbria he came back to life and noticed me enjoying my G&T.He asked me when the service had passed by and I said about ten minutes ago. I told him the crew had asked him if he wanted anything and when he hadn't replied they moved on. A tirade of foul mouthed language followed which I just ignored. A tosser if ever there was.

Anyway back to the OP....not much you can do apart from send in a complaint. Which will most likely to fall on deaf ears as they will only have your side of the story.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ukgooner
An outrage. I'm never flying BA again
LOL +1 ... Not that I ever fly BA anyway

"Oh the humanity!" of it all! A billion air miles for your pain, suffering, and indignation. How dare the untouchable talk to you like that! Did he try to serve you Macadamia nuts in a bag instead of on a platter too?

The humane thing to do would be to put this thread out of it's misery.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by danielonn
When I was asleep on a flight and I saw the Flight Attendant serving the cabin.
Impressive capability

Last edited by Dave Noble; Oct 3, 2015 at 7:53 pm
Old Oct 3, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: QFF Gold
Originally Posted by aa_fangirl
I was flying on BA from Paris to London the other day and encountered the rudest flight attendant I have ever seen.

I boarded the plane pretty tired. Before we even took off, I had fallen asleep while also listening to music from my iPhone with noise cancelling headphones on. Sometime later I woke up – just at the time when a flight attendant was passing small bags of potato chips (crisps) as snacks. I picked up one and as I noticed that my seat mates had drinks on their seat tables – I asked for a glass of sparkling water.

What happened next was unbelievable – to me, and to my seatmates… The flight attendant – male, his name tag read ‘****’ – stared at me and uttered “Well, I asked you what would you like to drink several times a moment ago and you just ignored me…”

After he berated me with words – **** (the flight attendant) just walked away…
I waited for a minute or two and I pressed the call button. To my second surprise, nothing happened again!

All in all I was very surprised by this experience with BA.
Check out the full story of my highly unsatisfactory BA experience on my blog:
http://www.china-finds.com/travel/
Yawn... Oh, do you want a drink?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Impressive capability
Happy to see that I wasn't the only one who noticed!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Bronze
To put another viewpoint on it.....
I was on a longhaul flight and was soundly asleep after the meal and missed the tea/coffee round. I woke up shortly after and made my way to the galley to ask for a cuppa. The crew member was a little defensive when saying that she had noticed I was asleep and 'let me be', my response was no problem, thank you for not waking me up (it's hard enough to sleep in Y) - but could I please have a cup of tea ?
I am glad to report that I got my tea.
My conclusion is that the mildly defensive response was due to anticipating some sort of complaint, perhaps it is a common experience that those that don't get served on a trolley round for whatever reason are likely to complain ??
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:43 am

It is indeed common for passengers to claim we missed them out on purpose when they were asleep.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:49 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Yesitsme
It is indeed common for passengers to claim we missed them out on purpose when they were asleep.
And how do they react when you wake them up to ask if they would like a drink?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.