Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight attendant rude beyond belief

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
OP - your post doesn't make clear whether you've formalised your complaint to BA or not. If you don't contact them directly it's difficult to see what you want from this - they certainly won't come looking for your blog.

If this is a /vent post then that is different...
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Yesitsme
We don't have DND stickers onboard. We just use the old fashioned method of talking to each other I've been on flights as a passenger where I'm really tired but don't want to miss out on the meal. I just let the crew know I'd like to be woken up.

If a sleeper wakes up and asks for a drink/meal I'll happily give it to them. If they storm into the galley shouting "you missed me out!" I'm likely to ask them if they were asleep. Simply because we don't miss out people to be awkward and I don't like being shouted at. This happens more often than you think.
Agree on your points, and if someone shouted at me (if I am a FA). I would not hesitate to look him/her in the eye, and come back firmly with a "Sir/Mdm I am paid to serve, but not abused. Would care to rephrase your request?"

Taking OP's recount at face value. I can't see how this particular FA justify this type of response.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:33 am

Bearing in mind the length of the flight it all seems like 'storm in a tea cup' stuff.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lighthand
if someone shouted at me (if I am a FA). I would not hesitate to look him/her in the eye, and come back firmly with a "Sir/Mdm I am paid to serve, but not abused. Would care to rephrase your request?"
You're far too tactful. I'd most likely tell them to stop being such an arse!!

Originally Posted by lighthand
Taking OP's recount at face value. I can't see how this particular FA justify this type of response.
Indeed, as usual we have to believe the OP's version of events word for word.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
... Indeed, as usual we have to believe the OP's version of events word for word.
When reading any negative OP on FlyerTalk I always take it at face value. In fact that's how I treat most negative posts unless I know the poster.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by danielonn
Perhaps where the OP is from he thinks its ok to just take the bag of crisps. In England they are very strict about manners and even my Grandmother who lived in London taught me to be polite and ask before taking. The British are very strict about their manners so perhaps the FA was a bit offended and rightfully so that the OP did not even bother to ask and say thank you.
Didn't someone on the Emirates board comment on your "cultural bullcrap"?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I have told people in the past not to take things off the trolly… I don't have a problem with saying that to people. And I know we are talking about crisps here, but in WT, people seem to think nothing of just taking a bottle of wine off the top of the meal trolly. You would not walk into a pub and help yourself without either asking or being served to it, just because you are on a plane, makes no difference.

Ask politely, and you will be given anything that I am able to give you, demand or shout at me, and your result may differ. Such as "toddle off to Club and get me an X, Y or Z…" is not going to get you a favourable response, nor will it get you what you want.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club
Storm in a tea cup. Link to the blog is a cheeky attempt to increase traffic. Mind you, the briefest of glances at the blog reveals it is written by someone who would struggle to pass GCSE English.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:22 am
Suspended

You're far too tactful. I'd most likely tell them to stop being such an arse!!
And then get disciplined for being rude to a paying customer.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I don't understand the hostility towards the OP linking to a blog, it's not like you need to click. I enjoy the blog of billinghamn and SFO777, would read a blog from cws, and at times have considered doing one but really don't have time ( I have a lengthy post I started a while back about short haul business class seats when contemplating it... my idea was to write more comprehensive articles than you would get on a blog, but maybe just one or two posts a month). It seems like we've gotten way too quick at attacking people because of their approach rather than the real point that was trying to be made, even if we disagree on whether or not this post is blog worthy.

Anyway, to the topic, BA crew certainly have varied levels of tact. On a very short flight like CDG-LHR it's difficult to get the whole service done in the time allotted. The OP was asleep. I would absolutely not want to be woken up if I fell asleep on a short flight. As a BA crew member mentioned, the drinks aren't really worth being woken up for on a short flight. BA crew generally do come across as more stressed and terse in ET rather than CE.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Jamier45?
How did I know that was coming when I saw rapidex post!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Yesitsme
We don't have DND stickers onboard.
Although I do have two examples of BA DND stickers they used to have in the 1980s. They were in the sock/eyeshadeal pack back then. I'll try and scan one..
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:30 am

OP is plugging a blog as everyone has argued already. If they really cared they would have followed up on the thread.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:32 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by LondonElite
We are clear that a ought to have been placed at the end of my previous post, right?!
Absolutely. He was dreadfully rude. He did not address the OP as "Madam".
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Can't remember what airline it is, but they have this card to tag on the seat of someone doesn't want to be woken up. Maybe BA.
I had one of these on a MAD-JFK flight on Iberia last week - they're included with the menu and wine list they hand out at the start of the flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.