Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight attendant rude beyond belief

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
I was once missed out completely for afternoon tea while in F = I wasn't asleep or watching a movie. I was in 1A and the crew member got involved in a long ooooh and aaah session with the lady behind who had a baby and that was it.

I didn't write a blog though. Clearly it was all my fault for not having a cute baby in tow.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
And how do they react when you wake them up to ask if they would like a drink?
I never do, unless they tell me beforehand that they want waking up. Our drinks and meals are not worth waking up for
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:03 am

As I was leaving the aircraft 1 time the CSD appologised for not coming and giving me my Gold recognition because I was asleep.I blamed it on bad company in the lounge.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by rapidex
As I was leaving the aircraft 1 time the CSD appologised for not coming and giving me my Gold recognition because I was asleep.I blamed it on bad company in the lounge.
Jamier45?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Yesitsme
It is indeed common for passengers to claim we missed them out on purpose when they were asleep.
I'd prefer it if cabin crew members missed me out on purpose if I'm asleep.
I may not be too happy if I am woken up for drinks/food.

(P.S. I know what you mean by 'on purpose', i.e. deliberately and not for the reason of not wanting to wake a sleeping passenger, just pulling your leg, sorry! )

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Oct 4, 2015 at 5:48 am
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: BA gold
I never do, unless they tell me beforehand that they want waking up. Our drinks and meals are not worth waking up for
^
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Wow. That really is unbelievable. And rude. I'd kick up much more of a fuss.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
The only time I ever wake up someone for food is if it is a long range flight and for the first meal service. It is going to be another 7 or 8 hours till we serve a meal again, and the tuck box in the galley or the mid flight snack is not a meal substitution. I gently wake someone and just say that we are serving dinner/lunch, and it is going to be quite a long time before we serve food again, so I don't want them to miss out if they are hungry, and also apologise at the same time for waking them, but don't want them to go without food for the next how ever many hours.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:46 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Wow. That really is unbelievable. And rude. I'd kick up much more of a fuss.
I completely agree with the first two sentences. I am indebted to the OP for sharing that.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
We are clear that a ought to have been placed at the end of my previous post, right?!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Not sure about this, but is there a do-not-disturb sticker on BAs flight?

For short-haul flights, I would do what you suggested and OP's FA did. Meaning just by-pass the sleeper.

But if the sleeper wakes up at any time, and request for a drink/snack. I can't see how this is in anyway rude, boorish or even something to be embarrassed about (you paid for this).
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
It is indeed common for passengers to claim we missed them out on purpose when they were asleep.
Perhaps there should be post it notes for people to stick on their foreheads - "wake me up when the gin arrives".
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
BA flight attendant rude beyond belief

Can't remember what airline it is, but they have this card to tag on the seat of someone doesn't want to be woken up. Maybe BA.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lighthand
Many years ago, I used to fly an airline that had those stickers that indicated that you wanted to be woken up for breakfast. They didn't have them for SHs.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by lighthand

For short-haul flights, I would do what you suggested and OP's FA did. Meaning just by-pass the sleeper.

But if the sleeper wakes up at any time, and request for a drink/snack. I can't see how this is in anyway rude, boorish or even something to be embarrassed about (you paid for this).
We don't have DND stickers onboard. We just use the old fashioned method of talking to each other I've been on flights as a passenger where I'm really tired but don't want to miss out on the meal. I just let the crew know I'd like to be woken up.

If a sleeper wakes up and asks for a drink/meal I'll happily give it to them. If they storm into the galley shouting "you missed me out!" I'm likely to ask them if they were asleep. Simply because we don't miss out people to be awkward and I don't like being shouted at. This happens more often than you think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.