Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by madfish
That does worry me somewhat but could just be an issue with getting the flight ticketed.
I would be getting in touch with BA. Even if the reservation has not yet been ticketed, the reservation should still be retrievable. The message is consistent with the entire reservation having been cancelled.

Would I be right to assume that you've never had a ticket number for this?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Thanks Globaliser. Looking through the email from BA, this is not the same as previous ones as it is all plain text. There does not appear to be a ticket number on there. Unfortunately don't have a screen shot from MMB from earlier when it was showing as would have been able to see if it had been ticketed. Suspect the agent has not done the job properly. Do have emails where changes to seats and adding personal information have been made, so have the booking ref from this.

Have checked on AA.com and the seating reservations are showing as greyed out on a dummy booking. So that is at least something.

Will be on the phone to BA when they open at 7.30am by the looks of things.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
My TA has a habit of putting me PA's contact details into my booking. I think I've cured him of this. However, for the three bookings made this week, I keep getting the red/pink banner "Our systems are not responding..." when I change it to my contact details. Works fine in the app but annoying that MMB cannot handle this.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:01 pm
Formerly known as ahoban

Programs: BA Silver, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by aks120
Does anyone else have an issue when trying to pay some money towards a BA Holiday? Whenever I get to the page to pay it comes up with 2 errors and I cannot select either a credit card type or the country - it has been like this now for over a week

aks120
Not the same problem, but a nightmare paying money off holidays.. There is definitely some problems on the payments end.

Takes around 5 minutes to load the confirmation page once I've cleared the verified by visa page, then removes the payment summary in MMB & locks me out of viewing my hotel bookings Takes about 30 minutes on the phone, as the agent phones "headoffice" to have it investigated and then another 30 minutes later I get an email once again confirming my booking and everything goes back to normal.

Beginning to get quicker paying over the phone, they're pretty quick when it comes to answering & online takes me around 15 mins start to finish
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Phoned BA this morning. Straight through to an agent. New booking had been cancelled/re-booked but hadn't given me a new number which is why I couldn't access it. All sorted. Very helpful agent. How do I contact BA to tell them about how good he was?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by madfish
How do I contact BA to tell them about how good he was?
ba.com/welldone
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by meester69
I have now realised that in fact two bookings were made, and two sets of miles charged.

I assume that this is a problem with the interaction between Paypal and BA.com, but anyway it's pretty annoying....
Any ideas the usual time frame to get this resolved? I sent them an email via ba.com, not sure how long a reply will take.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I booked an avios flight for me and my family about 350 days out. With 10 months until my flight, my outbound flight (BA215) was cancelled. On my Exec Club home page there is a big red banner to tell me this. So far, so sensible.

I called BA and rebooked on a different flight (BA203) departing 20 minutes earlier. The new flight is now showing in MMB and MMB has no reference to BA215. But for the last 3 months the red banner telling me about BA215 has persisted, is there a way to get rid of it? My concern is that I have been so used to seeing a red cancellation banner at the top of my exec club page that I might miss another cancellation that actually affects me.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson
I priced by LHR-DUB & when my trip was confirmed I went back in the following day to actually make the booking.
Prices for every flight that day had gone up to more than £100 more than any CE seat.
I checked to see if a big sporting event had been announced in the last 24hrs.
There weren't so I went back tried the same booking without logging into my exec number & the prices had re-set.
I logged back in & tried the booking again & the prices had risen across the board once more.
I have held off making the booking but I'm guessing that ba.com's system had remembered my dummy bookings leading up to this & some glitch had thrown up these increased fare offerings.
I hope that's not the case though
This is probably just due to the history being saved and the site seeing the old price which was lower. If you clear history and cookies or get someone else to check te price on another computer you should see the correct (updated) price

All opinions are my own and dont represent ba or iag*****
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by TangoThree
Not the same problem, but a nightmare paying money off holidays.. There is definitely some problems on the payments end.

Takes around 5 minutes to load the confirmation page once I've cleared the verified by visa page, then removes the payment summary in MMB & locks me out of viewing my hotel bookings Takes about 30 minutes on the phone, as the agent phones "headoffice" to have it investigated and then another 30 minutes later I get an email once again confirming my booking and everything goes back to normal.

Beginning to get quicker paying over the phone, they're pretty quick when it comes to answering & online takes me around 15 mins start to finish
Dont know if this has been the case but sometimes if there is a schedule change can mean payment isnt available online and you would need to call.

All opinions are my own and dont represent ba or iag*****
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:53 pm

Just tried booking something and I got the following twice:

"Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time.

We're sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office."

I don't see any pending charges on my CC. Will they waive the phone fee?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ang2383
I don't see any pending charges on my CC. Will they waive the phone fee?
Yes, I would expect them to do so. Keep some screenshots just in case there is a challenge on this.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, I would expect them to do so. Keep some screenshots just in case there is a challenge on this.
Thank you! I was trying to book NYC to Toronto on TAM airlines so it looks like that might have caused the glitch. I also got the glitch when I tried to book Toronto to NYC. I tried mozilla, chrome and also IE and all the same.

I was able to book JFK to ORD and ORD to JFK in the same session without any issues so I think it might be related to using avios to book flights operated by TAM.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:15 pm

So I called BA to book the TAM flight. The BA site clearly says it is available, but the rep on the phone says it is not. Is it normal for the BA site to show phantom award space? Should I HUCA?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:38 am

Tried to book an award flight today, was told

An error has occured please go back

Well I went back and tried again and again and again ZZzzzzzz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.