Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by Prospero
HEL Helsinki

Hi, was at HEL yesterday and the non-S lounges were at gate 50
Prospero likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Also, it says spirits are available at the HEL Schengen lounge. Only beer and wine on my last couple of visits, except for some kind of flavoured liqueur.
Prospero likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
Yes it is the same place. As you walk down that corridor you pass 36 on your right and if you went past the lounges you would come to 37 on your right. HEL has now opened the new bus gates (50 A-M) with the entrance on your left opposite the lounge. The actual gates are down the stairs/escalators, so in terms of which gates are actually closest to the lounge 36/37 are much nearer.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Also, it says spirits are available at the HEL Schengen lounge. Only beer and wine on my last couple of visits, except for some kind of flavoured liqueur.
I believe the contracted service provider has changed over the summer. As a result the offerings have changed.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Oh dear! Are the beer options all dispensed by tap or are there additional bottles/tins available in the fridge?

Originally Posted by RockyRobin
Ah yes, I see the gates in the upper thirties have recently been renumbered. Will update the lounge slides. Thank-you
Attached Images  

Last edited by Prospero; Sep 9, 2017 at 11:19 am
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Fazer took over running the Finnair lounges at HEL on July 1st hence the service changes

Details here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...tor-hel-7.html
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
Oh dear! Are the beer options all dispensed by tap or are there additional bottles/tins available in the fridge?
Tap only. That's why I visit Aspire lounge (Priority Pass) to get can of soda/beer to go.
Prospero likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes it is the same place. As you walk down that corridor you pass 36 on your right and if you went past the lounges you would come to 37 on your right. HEL has now opened the new bus gates (50 A-M) with the entrance on your left opposite the lounge. The actual gates are down the stairs/escalators, so in terms of which gates are actually closest to the lounge 36/37 are much nearer.
The dragons at the BA/Qatar lounges were quite nippy sweetie to me about the lounge being at 50.

They also denied knowledge of a first class lounge when in fact there was one and it is called Premium rather than First. I'm not sure why they could just explain that and be nice.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Following a fruitless attempt to look at flights to visit my family in the Loire it appears that BA no longer serve Angers ANE (even seasonally) as the airport has closed its control tower. So, much as I have enjoyed the micro-delights of the tiny "Club's Room" and loved c-w-s's review on this thread, should it be removed from the list of French BA lounges?

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a7559526.html

https://londonairtravel.com/2017/02/...te-march-2017/
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
Following a fruitless attempt to look at flights to visit my family in the Loire it appears that BA no longer serve Angers ANE (even seasonally) as the airport has closed its control tower.
Indeed the airport is no longer a public service airport, unfortunately, so the broom cupboard lounge (I remember, when trying to get some photos, struggling to achieve a focal length within the tight dimensions concerned) is now history. Still, I'm hoping that some future student of BA's history will come across the weird and wonderful corners of this website one day and ask "are they pulling my leg? BA flew to Angers? And there was a lounge?"
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed the airport is no longer a public service airport, unfortunately, so the broom cupboard lounge (I remember, when trying to get some photos, struggling to achieve a focal length within the tight dimensions concerned) is now history. Still, I'm hoping that some future student of BA's history will come across the weird and wonderful corners of this website one day and ask "are they pulling my leg? BA flew to Angers? And there was a lounge?"
I was so amused when I found your review of it on this thread, having been amazed by its tiny size in person. I actually really liked Angers airport in general and not only because it was very convenient for where I needed to be - I'm told the restaurant with its terrace by the runway wasn't bad for lunch either - so it's a real shame BA have cut the route. Nantes is a bit far and no lounge either; so is Tours and that's only Ryanair. Hélas!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The OW website indicates I should be able to access Finnair's own lounge as OWS in CE at HEL, but the wiki says I should go to the almost@home lounge. Anyone know which is correct? Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by lostinlondon
The OW website indicates I should be able to access Finnair's own lounge as OWS in CE at HEL, but the wiki says I should go to the almost@home lounge. Anyone know which is correct? Thanks!
You can access the Finnair lounges by virtue of your OWS and/or CE ticket.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Can anyone offer an opinion on which of the Vienna lounges is best, or are they all much of a muchness?

TIA.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Gold, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond
Update for MUC - they are now offering Processco (albeit a screw cap!). Has been there every time when passing through for a while now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.