Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:28 am

Code:
Put in the AWD code D005297 - ASAP (ameteur sports assistance program, which I've used many times in the past), no change

This code increased my price from $172 to $222...
Old Jul 21, 2010, 4:01 pm

Request Help:

Going to Vegas Aug 28-Sept 1 and would like a good rate on car rental, help would greatly be appreciated.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:45 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by cvfd1607
Request Help:

Going to Vegas Aug 28-Sept 1 and would like a good rate on car rental, help would greatly be appreciated.
What AWD numbers are you entitled to use or have? Have you done any coupon codes research, or are you just expecting us to do it for you?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Free weekend day with 3-day rental (Sat night required)

https://www.avis.com/car-rental/html...go=A514190.gif
Has anyone used this A514190 AWD recently? I see this coupon is still valid, and the AWD shows in the list in post #976 as: A514190 - State of Colorado Travelers. Is this a generally usable code for anyone visiting Colorado, kind of like the Orlando Visitors Bureau K199060 or Florida Tourism? Or is this for travel agents?

Really helps with a rental coming up in NM, but I'm not sure of the criteria. It's unlimited mileage, but I can't tell about the LDW, etc.

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:31 am

Smile Question on codes

I'm renting a car in Portland, ME in october and thought I had found a good price until I googled and found this forum!

My question is, I currently have a reservation under AWD C066983 (which is FL Golf Entertainment Association (open to all golfers and family, no ID required) for a total of $279.40 (after taxes for 3day/18hours). If I use AWD A074800 (Citicorp Leis. Travel) it drops it down to $201.96.....will I have to show proof of something at the rental counter to obtain this rate??

Also, can a coupon code be used for a free weekend day ontop of the Citicorp rate? (TUGA083)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KarenN
I'm renting a car in Portland, ME in october and thought I had found a good price until I googled and found this forum!

My question is, I currently have a reservation under AWD C066983 (which is FL Golf Entertainment Association (open to all golfers and family, no ID required) for a total of $279.40 (after taxes for 3day/18hours). If I use AWD A074800 (Citicorp Leis. Travel) it drops it down to $201.96.....will I have to show proof of something at the rental counter to obtain this rate??

Also, can a coupon code be used for a free weekend day ontop of the Citicorp rate? (TUGA083)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!
I'm also seeing some good weekly rates in the US with A074800. Anyone have experience with this? From it's description, it should not be problematic.

As far as coupons go, the Avis website accepts them with this code, so it SHOULD work. That said, I recently had a rez in ANC using a "dubious" code (not this one) and I was supposed to get an additional $5/day off using a coupon. I didn't get the coupon discount on my final bill. Given the circumstance -- I was already saving something like $35/day with the code -- I didn't press the matter. I much prefer the Alamo/National system where you confirmation email clearly shows your FINAL price, including coupons. If there's a dispute, it's much easier to convince the counter agent that you've been overcharged.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:09 am

What exactly is Citicorp Leisure Travel?? Is this something that comes with a business or gold Citi card?? It's just if I use this code and get to the rental counter and they ask me where I got it from I don't want to look like an idiot and say I don't know.....!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
What AWD numbers are you entitled to use or have? Have you done any coupon codes research, or are you just expecting us to do it for you?

I've checked several but still lowest I can find is like $30 a day.

I've checked multiple coupon codes/AWD even if I'm not entitled to use them.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by KarenN
What exactly is Citicorp Leisure Travel?? Is this something that comes with a business or gold Citi card?? It's just if I use this code and get to the rental counter and they ask me where I got it from I don't want to look like an idiot and say I don't know.....!
If I were in your shoes and they asked me where I got it from, I'd say "Citicorp" and then be silent. But that's just me. Really, the answer is that if you aren't comfortable with having this question asked, then don't use any AWD codes that you're not explicitly entitled to use with written evidence to back it up. Because realistically, the chances of them asking are so small (unless you're using, say a state gov't code or an Avis employee code) that you shouldn't worry about this kind of thing.

Originally Posted by cvfd1607
I've checked several but still lowest I can find is like $30 a day.

I've checked multiple coupon codes/AWD even if I'm not entitled to use them.
$30 a day isn't terrible. Have you tried carrentals.com? Have you tried autoslash.com? What are Hotwire rates like for those dates? Do you have to use Avis or are you just concerned with getting the cheapest car possible?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:28 am

Need an AWD for LAX for the next two to three weeks

Anybody can suggest me some good AWD codes to use in LAX, CA for a rental that will take place in the next two to three weeks?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by USirritated
G298100 has been posted as good for Europe in general, although I do not know where this particular AWD number is sourced from. (Gevoha has been mentioned previously, as some sort of computer company, but actually that name is for a Jewish Yeshiva in New Jersey, so this attribution is very dubious!)

K851000 is the AWD number for Hhonors, and it has been mentioned that it works well in Italy.

A153700 and D086533 have been mentioned as being good AWD numbers both specifically for Italy, and generally for Europe, although I do not know where these particular AWD numbers are sourced from. (They have been mentioned as both being for the same company, the first one for employees of that company [I saw one mention that this is the US Avis employee number, so beware!], and the second for customers of that company, but the company name is not certain.)

B149870 is supposed to be good in Europe generally, but again, the company affliliation is unknown.

L358190 is the number for the BMW Car Club of America, and should work worldwide. Note - this is for a club, not for a company, so the RA will never be able to ask you for your company ID!

At least one of those should give you a 30% discount, and one or two on the list might be as high as 50%. However, some of these will work in some European Countries on certain dates, but might not work in other European Countries, or on other dates. YMMV Let us know what works, okay?
Thanks mate! I will definitely let you know how it plays out for me.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
SXM

Does anyone have a code that will work for SXM? It seems all the ones I have tried are not valid there. Thanks in advanced.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:10 pm

I have a suggestion. It will probably be ignored but I'm going to suggest it anyway.

In the future if people make posts of the nature of "I need advice on a code, I tried all the other ones and they didn't work for my date/location/car class/whatever" I think they should include, at a minimum,

dates
car class
ALL the other codes they have tried along with the rate each of those codes gave

This will not only help people on this thread be more helpful, but I think a lot of us are more inclined to help those who have already shown that they've made some effort to help themselves, and simply saying "I tried all the codes and none of them worked" is frankly a little questionable considering how often the claim is made here. Not calling out anyone in particular, just saying what would make ME more likely to spend 2 minutes trying to help someone out.

Cheers
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by crhptic
I have a suggestion. It will probably be ignored but I'm going to suggest it anyway.

In the future if people make posts of the nature of "I need advice on a code, I tried all the other ones and they didn't work for my date/location/car class/whatever" I think they should include, at a minimum,

dates
car class
ALL the other codes they have tried along with the rate each of those codes gave

This will not only help people on this thread be more helpful, but I think a lot of us are more inclined to help those who have already shown that they've made some effort to help themselves, and simply saying "I tried all the codes and none of them worked" is frankly a little questionable considering how often the claim is made here. Not calling out anyone in particular, just saying what would make ME more likely to spend 2 minutes trying to help someone out.

Cheers
BIG +1!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crhptic

In the future if people make posts of the nature of "I need advice on a code, I tried all the other ones and they didn't work for my date/location/car class/whatever"
I totally agree. Lately people have been leaving these open-ended generic questions that are impossible for anyone to make logical recommendations on. If you put in the post exactly what you've got so far, others here will be able to be much more helpful. To post a question like "whats a good code for "BOS" is just a waste of time (in my opinion).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.