Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Life Titanium
SEA-ICN

Are there any plans for the A330 to be upgraded by Jun of 2010?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
While OZ hasn't officially announced the routes where the OZ Quadra Smartium seats will be post-27 March, it appears that LAX is keeping its current rotations and possibly increasing to daily based on the seat map I got for OZ204 in June. As expected, SYD still has the old seat map.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 2:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
No mention of NRT here... I flew the new C on this leg last week; totally wonderful. Totally.

I did not want to get off!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by *A Flyer
While OZ hasn't officially announced the routes where the OZ Quadra Smartium seats will be post-27 March, it appears that LAX is keeping its current rotations and possibly increasing to daily based on the seat map I got for OZ204 in June. As expected, SYD still has the old seat map.
How are you able to see the seat map? I'm booked on the 12.20am flight this June from LAX and can't see seatmap anywhere.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by DH77024
How are you able to see the seat map? I'm booked on the 12.20am flight this June from LAX and can't see seatmap anywhere.
Through the seat selection tool on the OZ website.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: UA MP
Thanks. Not a very user-friendly website--I thought the seat assignment feature was limited to on-line checkin, but I see now you can do seat assignment without checkin.

The seatmap shows the old business class configuration for OZ 203 on June 9
Old Jan 31, 2011, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by DH77024
Thanks. Not a very user-friendly website--
Thats an understatement.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Looks like it isn't possible if you booked a *A award on OZ using another airline's miles (US in this case). You need an OZ e-ticket number or OZ membership.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
Looks like it isn't possible if you booked a *A award on OZ using another airline's miles (US in this case). You need an OZ e-ticket number or OZ membership.
I am travelling on an Aeroplan award. All you need to do is sign up for the OZ program to get a membership number and ring OZ to get the OZ Reloc. The OZ number doesn't have to be linked to the ticket.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by Tiki
I have an award booked on UA and OZ using US miles. You do need to sign up for a free membership at the OZ website but you don't need the e-ticket number...

You'll need the OZ PNR which a US phone rep will be able to provide to you.

However, as mentioned above, the seat selection tool is not very user-friendly and you have to go pretend as if you're doing a web check-in to arrive at the seat maps.

Once you've chosen your seats, you'll be able to print a "Boarding Pass Exchange Coupon" which presumably can be presented at the counter on day of departure...or the actual Boarding Pass will actually print out after you do the T-48 check-in.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
*A Flyer, does this mean that you're booked on OZ204 on a day that's not currently served by the new J class? If so, what day of the week is it? Is it still showing the new layout on the seatmap?

I'm looking at a Saturday flight (shortly after midnight Friday night) in October, which isn't currently a new config day, but am trying to figure out the likelihood of it being so by October.

Does anyone know of any way to look at OZ seatmaps for future flights other than accessing a confirmed booking on the OZ website?

Thanks!
AZ
Old Feb 10, 2011, 1:00 am

Unfortunately, it looks like I am booked on a day which currently gets the service which means I have no evidence that LAX is going daily with the new seats. The plus is that we know they aren't reducing the frequencies to LAX.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: OnePass, Priority Club
Dimensions

I believe this has been asked, but I didn't see much of a reply - does anyone have accurate dimensions of these new seats? I'm flying them in March LAX-ICN and in April ICN-LAX.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 6:05 pm

They should put these seats in throughout the fleet. The wedgie-flat seats are really behind the times.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 7:14 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by LineOver
I believe this has been asked, but I didn't see much of a reply - does anyone have accurate dimensions of these new seats? I'm flying them in March LAX-ICN and in April ICN-LAX.
Which LAX-ICN-LAX flights have the new seats? I just redeemed a C award for my folk on OZ. Just curious because the dates are pretty set and we are unlikely to change into the new seats.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.