https://molina.imigrasi.go.id
Print Wikipost

Visa / VOA Info for Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by futaris
On the plus side, you can now stay for 60 days
Now just to see if you can get the full 60 days on arrival for US$50, or if you have to take a trip to the 'delightful' immigration offices scattered around in inconvient locations to get the 30 days extension. Given past experiences at Indonesian Immigration Offices there's plenty of grief to be had dealing with their corruption once you get to the office, from them charging you even for a blank application form to guessing what the random figure will be for the fee today when submitting an application (plus of course an additional fee to have any processing expidited, unless you fancy leaving your passport with them for a week or so).
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:01 am

Old Jan 29, 2010, 2:28 am

Crap! Guess who's going to Batam for a one-nighter tomorrow. Here's hoping the news hasn't filtered out to the provinces yet, will report back next week.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Looks like I just made it with my 4 day stay a couple of weeks ago. Seems a bit much to me.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by dtsm
Reduce? I think the objective is jack up the fee to enlarge the pie
I know, I'm not thrilled about it either. But don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger! I paraphrased much of that TODAY article but they were the ones that used the g word!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:03 am

Just got back from Batam yesterday and yes, I can confirm that it's now US$25 or nothing. With Singapore-Batam tickets available for S$40 return, this effectively doubles the cost of visiting. No more quick Indonesia getaways for me
Old Feb 1, 2010, 8:47 pm

Programs: CO GOLD
Originally Posted by oontiveros
Actually, it is $10 for a visit up to 7 days (inc the day you entered) and $25 for a 30 day on arrival visa.

And yes, do pay in USD or you'll pay an exorbitant fx rate...also, bring exact change as there may be a chance you'll forget to pick up the change and it's gone forever (I am dopey that way, left $100 bill twice...no matter how much you fight, you will never get the change back...).
There has been a recent change to the visa on arrival policy, there is no longer a 7 days for $10 USD option, only 30 days for 25 USD.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: CO GOLD
Originally Posted by jpatokal
Just got back from Batam yesterday and yes, I can confirm that it's now US$25 or nothing. With Singapore-Batam tickets available for S$40 return, this effectively doubles the cost of visiting. No more quick Indonesia getaways for me
If you enjoy weekend getaways to Batam, you should look into a 1 year multiple entry visa. They are not super easy to get, but it's doable.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by jefri68
If you enjoy weekend getaways to Batam, you should look into a 1 year multiple entry visa. They are not super easy to get, but it's doable.
I used to have one of those for business, but it cost around US$200 in brib...uhh...facilitation fees to get. This was my first visit to Batam, and in all likelihood also the last.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 7:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by jefri68
There has been a recent change to the visa on arrival policy, there is no longer a 7 days for $10 USD option, only 30 days for 25 USD.
Yes and extendable for another 30 days...supposedly that is...anyone trying that soon?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 9:57 pm

Enter Indonesia with foreign passport and dual nationality

If one enters Indonesia with foreign passport, can one re-enter in teh future with Indonesian passport?

Does the Indonesian's immigration check for dual nationality during visa processing?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Sounds like it might be a problem as Indonesia does not recognize or allow for dual citizenship:

Dual Nationality: Indonesian law does not recognize dual nationality for adults over 18 years of age. Because of this law, U.S. citizens who are also documented as Indonesian nationals may experience difficulties with immigration formalities in Indonesia. Holding dual citizenship may also hamper the U.S. Embassy’s ability to provide consular protection to dual national U.S. citizens. In addition to being subject to all Indonesian laws affecting U.S. citizens, dual nationals may also be subject to other laws that impose special obligations on Indonesian citizens. In July 2006, the Indonesian Parliament passed new legislation allowing children under age 18 to hold foreign as well as Indonesian citizenship. Parents whose children hold both Indonesian and U.S. citizenship continue to face experience difficulties with entry and exit immigration procedures.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_2052.html

Also:

Current Indonesian law states that an Indonesian citizen cannot hold another nationality – in other words Indonesian law does not recognise or allow for dual citizenship. Different rules apply to children who have one Indonesian parent and one non-Indonesian parent. Further information regarding dual citizenship for children in these circumstances should be sought from the relevant Indonesian authorities.

http://www.indonesia.embassy.gov.au/...tizenship.html
Old Sep 19, 2010, 4:30 pm

CAn they know it?

True according to the law, you can not. But can they know it?
Old Sep 19, 2010, 4:33 pm

Entered Indonesia with US passport once

Reason is my nephew entered Indonesia with US passport once, and he gets a job offer in Indonesia. If he enters again with US passport that means he has to file as foreign worker. Iff he can enter with his Indonesian passport, he doesn't have to worry about it. Question is can the immigration know that he entered before with US passport?
Old Sep 19, 2010, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by confused88
Question is can the immigration know that he entered before with US passport?
Sounds like your nephew will need to consult an immigration lawyer. If Indonesia finds out that he is a dual citizen, he may have to renounce his US citizenship or have his Indonesian citizenship revoked.

He might get away for a while without the Indonesian government knowing, but once they do find out it sounds like it's going to cause a lot of legal problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.