Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:22 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ENFO
Thanks. I read in the previous pages I should allow anywhere from 15 - 30 mins to go through security. Flight out is this Friday 4pm. Husband has pre-check but I don't, although we have Even More Speed, having picked some seats up front. Do you know if I'll be able to use the Pre-check Line? I'm assuming that if there is an expedited line, it's also the pre-check line.
No, if there is a PreCheck lane plus a priority lane, you'll have to use your respective lines-- only people who get PreCheck can use that lane. (Although I'm not 100% sure that checkpoint has PreCheck.)

The elevator that takes you up to the Centurion Lounge is actually right by the security checkpoint for the concourse you will be flying out of, and I would suggest checking it out quickly on your way to the lounge to get an estimate of how long it will take to clear. Jetblue shares a concourse with Southwest, and to be honest, that security checkpoint often looks like a mess compared to some of the other ones at the Central Terminal.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Today is salmon day. Friday was fried chicken day. I wanted chicken again.

#platinumcardproblems

Nothing a Spanish Harlem or 3 can't fix.
Old May 10, 2015, 5:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014]

Fried chicken have been on the menu for the past six months. About time they changed it (back to the salmon).
Old May 11, 2015, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by seawolf
Fried chicken have been on the menu for the past six months. About time they changed it (back to the salmon).
To me it seems they are both on the menu, but it alternates days or something, since I had the chicken Friday afternoon and Sunday was salmon. Also noticed the change in the soup from the udon noodles to ramen. Still good, with the little peppers and other stuff in it.
Old May 11, 2015, 5:01 pm
Original Member

Thanks. Let me check it out next week. Every time I've been there for the past three months has been fried chicken.

The udon is horrible. They should get rid of it. Way too soggy.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:26 am
Original Member

Menu changed somewhat

Breakfast eggs Benedict on English muffin. Used to be just a fried egg.

Lunch is still fried chicken but a different variation. Potatoes now available as a side. Burrata now replaced with mozzarella.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:52 am

Was there for the first time yesterday (I'm usually at the SFO or LAS location), and gotta say, they really nail these lounges. I know all of you regulars hate the fried chicken but I liked it! Not sure if I'm just spoiled from the SFO location's bar (with Michael the bartender), but it is too bad they don't have anything on tap here.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Lounge staff today told me that new policy that went into effect since the last time I've been here (which was last week) is that hot food goes away at 7pm. Unfortunate .
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
How much time to get to Terminal D?

Hoping to use this lounge before a flight on westjet I have coming up. Does anyone have any recommendations on how much time to give myself to get from the lounge to terminal D, through security, and to the gate?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mgarrett96
Hoping to use this lounge before a flight on westjet I have coming up. Does anyone have any recommendations on how much time to give myself to get from the lounge to terminal D, through security, and to the gate?
Previous posts seem to indicate it's about a 10 min brisk walk to the Terminal C checkpoint, where you can go through and then walk airside to Terminal D. So, depending on status/precheck, allow up to 10-15 mins for security, then another 10 mins to get across the C-D connector and to your gate - that puts you leaving the lounge at least 45-50 min before your scheduled departure, or a full hour if you're concerned about clearing security.

I'd love to know if I'm interpreting this correctly. I'm about to start flying out of LGA quite a bit again (haven't regularly been there since the Cent lounge opened), but will mostly be on DL. I'd love to try the Cent Lounge at least a couple times if I happen to arrive at the airport early.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:01 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by gooselee
Previous posts seem to indicate it's about a 10 min brisk walk to the Terminal C checkpoint, where you can go through and then walk airside to Terminal D. So, depending on status/precheck, allow up to 10-15 mins for security, then another 10 mins to get across the C-D connector and to your gate - that puts you leaving the lounge at least 45-50 min before your scheduled departure, or a full hour if you're concerned about clearing security.

I'd love to know if I'm interpreting this correctly. I'm about to start flying out of LGA quite a bit again (haven't regularly been there since the Cent lounge opened), but will mostly be on DL. I'd love to try the Cent Lounge at least a couple times if I happen to arrive at the airport early.
Your math is correct but for mgarrett96 I would recommend leaving another 15 minutes or so, since flying WestJet I believe would mean no Precheck security and perhaps not even priority security, and the regular security lines can be pretty long.

If you are flying Delta and have Precheck then it is safer to budget for a quick security experience, especially now that the Precheck lanes are completely separated from the main lanes and (unlike at JFK T4) the TSA at LGA C/D does not clog up the Precheck lanes with lots of non-Precheck people.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold

Is the C-D connector clearly marked? The reason I ask is that I've never flown out of this terminal of LGA before and I want to make sure I have enough time to get through (non precheck and non priority) security.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:07 pm

And is terminal b directly connected to terminal C?

Thanks again everybody!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mgarrett96
And is terminal b directly connected to terminal C?
No, you have to walk outside of Terminal B (aka Central Terminal Building) and walk 10-15 mins to Terminal C.

Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
My colleague Paul Riegler was at the LGA Centurion Lounge for the first time not too long ago and wrote a review (with lots of photos), which I wanted to share here.

I was with him and shared his dislike for the salmon in terms of how it was spiced (same for the peas). On the other hand, the strawberry shortcake was amazing.

American Express Centurion Lounge at LaGuardia Airport – Review
Following changes in its relationship with both American Airlines and, to a lesser extent, Delta Air Lines, American Express began to build its own airport lounges with the goal of accommodating its best customers.

Now open at select locations, the Centurion Lounges, provide complimentary admission to American Express Platinum and Centurion cardmembers, and rival some of the best first-class lounges in existence. (American Express cardmembers with other American Express cards may purchase a day pass for $50; those without an American Express card simply won’t get in, at any price.)

The Centurion Lounge at New York’s LaGuardia Airport, located in the Central Terminal or Terminal B, opened last summer. It’s one of six that the company has opened and it’s also the smallest full-sized Centurion lounge (the others are located at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, San Francisco International Airport, Miami International Airport, and Seattle–Tacoma International Airport, which is referred to as a “Centurion Studio” due its much smaller size and absence of a full dining menu)....

<SNIP>
Above appeared in FBT, where I serve as ed.dir.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.