Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by coco11
If you spend $5000 on delta gold, you are still able to get 5000 miles on your delta acct, right? (eventhought you are not able to get the bonus miles) I m in same boat n will find out after first statement.. Whether we are getting 25,000 bonus miles.
True, I would get 5,000 Skymiles for spending $5k. But I currently only have a little under 6,000 Skymiles, so another 5k would not put me close to a ticket. I have about 137,000 on AA and want to get to 150,000 for 3 AAnytime tickets. So I would rather spend $5,000 with the AA card to move closer to 150,000. (if I'm not going to get the bonus Skymiles.)
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
On most AMEX applications now, on the left hand side bar, there are the wordings about that you are not eligible if you own the same / similar card within the past 12 months. These wordings are on SPG, HHonor, the DL from the regular offerings and the PRG / PLAT cards. I knew I saw it when I got my DL just a few weeks ago on a lousy 40K $1K spend offer - the language was there, on the application page, left side bar.
I didn't see that wording on this offer, so maybe this one is different (or they messed up and forgot it when they set up the application webpage.) I printed my filled-in application page and the T&C before submitting the application. I just re-checked the print and still don't see anything to that effect. I made a small charge on the card today and will watch to see if the 25k miles show up.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by User Name
Any ideas whether a small purchase at the Delta Sky Store will trigger the statement credit?
Originally Posted by captaincool
This card is relatively new here at FT so no real data has been gathered. However, we can always use some guinea pigs if you don't mind. This looks pretty cheap
Of course - the card is new - I overlooked the fact that maybe such a statement credit might have not been offered before with other versions of the card. The store itself is not new though - so wondering whether anyone has used it and know how purchases post?

Originally Posted by kvs25
I ordered something for $1 (to do this, find a $1 item and choose pickup as shipping method) through the Delta Heritage Museum (http://www.delta.com/about_delta/del...dise/index.jsp)

I'll post an update as to whether this counts as a Delta purchase or not.
Originally Posted by kvs25
seems to work

Select to load your Pending Charges
You have 1 item
Date Description Amount $
Thursday, September 20 DELTA AIRLINES 1 dollars and.00 Cents
Great news. Let us know if the credit shows. AMEX can be fast, so it might post online in a few days rather than having to wait for your next statement.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dalemccl
I didn't see that wording on this offer, so maybe this one is different (or they messed up and forgot it when they set up the application webpage.) I printed my filled-in application page and the T&C before submitting the application. I just re-checked the print and still don't see anything to that effect. I made a small charge on the card today and will watch to see if the 25k miles show up.
You wouldn't see it in your Print thing unless you use a software that make "picture" files because the side bar is a "frame". I have found that those "frames" could only be captured by a software such as PicPick. If you just simply print it on paper or use a PDF format, those would not show. I honestly feel this is by designed that the customer could not get the "proof". It is not just AMEX, all banks are like that. Chase in particular actually.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:59 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SMs& $100 Statement credit [EXPIRED]

I got the cards today for me my wife and my son all 3 were applied by the link provided so I activated the cards and called am exp to verify the promotion and guess what they said the promotion was showing for me and my wife but for my son it only shows 10000 bonus miles and no fee waiver and no $ 100 credit so looks like even though you applied through the link you may or may not get the promotional bonuses very pathetic and feeling mad˜–
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:48 pm

If you scheduled pick up, I believe you need to go pick up and not just do 'fake delivery' ??

So for many of us, if we are not close to the Heritage Museum, we won't be able to do the $1 online order ??

Of course - the card is new - I overlooked the fact that maybe such a statement credit might have not been offered before with other versions of the card. The store itself is not new though - so wondering whether anyone has used it and know how purchases post?

Great news. Let us know if the credit shows. AMEX can be fast, so it might post online in a few days rather than having to wait for your next statement.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by gotofly
I got the cards today for me my wife and my son all 3 were applied by the link provided so I activated the cards and called am exp to verify the promotion and guess what they said the promotion was showing for me and my wife but for my son it only shows 10000 bonus miles and no fee waiver and no $ 100 credit so looks like even though you applied through the link you may or may not get the promotional bonuses very pathetic and feeling mad˜–
Did you keep screenshots by chance?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:01 pm

After online activation, I sent a secure message asking to verify the bonus offer associated with my Delta Amex and received the following message:

per the promotion associated with your Card, you can receive:

- 25,000 bonus miles after making the first purchase on the Card within the first year of Cardmembership, credited in two separate transactions of 10,000 and 15,000 miles.

- 45,000 bonus miles if you spend $5,000 on the Card within the first six months of Cardmembership

- $100 statement credit after making an eligible Delta purchase on the Card within the first three months of Cardmembership.

I hope this is to your satisfaction.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Lesfilles
If you scheduled pick up, I believe you need to go pick up and not just do 'fake delivery' ??

So for many of us, if we are not close to the Heritage Museum, we won't be able to do the $1 online order ??
Well, my order is in pending status, so I'm not sure if they would cancel the order if I don't come pick it up. As I said, I'll update as things progress.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
http://tinyurl.com/8dr9er3
Long list of items that should help push up your spend. Read the fine print though, a few require more than what is written in the headline.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
You wouldn't see it in your Print thing unless you use a software that make "picture" files because the side bar is a "frame". I have found that those "frames" could only be captured by a software such as PicPick. If you just simply print it on paper or use a PDF format, those would not show. I honestly feel this is by designed that the customer could not get the "proof". It is not just AMEX, all banks are like that. Chase in particular actually.
Ah... sneaky on the part of the banks. I should have paid more attention to the webpage before printing it.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
Did you keep screenshots by chance?
I did keep the screenshot and I did send it to them still they say it is not valid and would like to investigate further and se one will get back to me in few days
Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Lesfilles

I checked with delta about $100 credit and they told me it has to be a delta purchase on delta.com only
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I checked with delta about $100 credit and they told me it has to be a delta purchase on delta.com only
Call Delta. What a brilliant idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Not too many options other than flts.

I was told, when I called to activate my card, that it had to be a flt. or a purchase on the flt. (food or drink).

The rep. also said I would get 25K with first purchase & another 45K after spending $5K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.