Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:30 pm

PRG

Mar7
ALASKA AIR GIFT CERT - SEATTLE, WA
$ 100

No credit as of yet. yes, Alaska is my chosen airline. most unhappy. what is my next move if any? Thank you!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Millerwaukee
Newbie question - Does AMEX do partial reimbursements? I spent $102 directly my Platinum card for AS taxes and got reimbursed a while back. If I buy a $100 AS GC, will I then be reimbursed $98?
I would assume so. Data point, I was at about $80 in airline credit on my PRG last year, bought a $25 certificate, got reimbursed about $20.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by M2LA
Mar7
$ 100

No credit as of yet. yes, Alaska is my chosen airline. most unhappy. what is my next move if any? Thank you!
I made the mistake of assuming since alaska was my chosen airlines for my platinum biz card that it would be the chosen airline for my PRG. Turns out I still needed to elect it for my PRG card.

Any chance you made this error too?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by bta15
I made the mistake of assuming since alaska was my chosen airlines for my platinum biz card that it would be the chosen airline for my PRG. Turns out I still needed to elect it for my PRG card.

Any chance you made this error too?
nope, made the change from united to alaska and then made the purchase. I don't think I gave it overnight, cannot remember. the credit is not there. I will take a flight with them shortly so that is fine but for the life of me I cannot figure a way to get a credit that I will actually use. I only really fly to europe and they allow me a n/c bag. seat upgrades I dont care about. sorry for the rant, but they should have just kept the amazon deal in place. would love to keep a prg but not for the af they charge.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...I only really fly to europe
On which airline(s)?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by mia
On which airline(s)?
af or ba out of lax. I am mr chase now so I was going to try and use ur next time but if I have to purchase it will be economy and I might use the prg if I still have it for that but I guess I could also use the csr at this point. open to ideas and thank you
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:28 pm

Another data point to add. I recently bought two $50 Alaska Gift cards on my Amex Platinum card.

Purchase posted on 3/14, $100 credit posted 2 days later. Similar time frame as the other most recent successful reports.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by redtigeriii
Another data point to add. I recently bought two $50 Alaska Gift cards on my Amex Platinum card.

Purchase posted on 3/14, $100 credit posted 2 days later. Similar time frame as the other most recent successful reports.
I don't see that there are gift cards anymore, only certificates. can you clarify what exactly you got please. Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: AS
Mar7
$ 100

Be patient.. if you selected AS and did one at $100 it should post as credit.
I purchased one for $100 and two for $50 the next day.
Both showed up on next statement as charges and credits. Identified as my yearly airline credit.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: AS
I don't see that there are gift cards anymore, only certificates. can you clarify what exactly you got please. Thanks
OK...welcome to FT.

Many may use terms interchangeably...no actual cards are available.
Gift Certificates purchased through AS website can be emailed to recipient or printed at time of purchase. I usually enter information into My Wallet account and the amount is available for use 24 hours later.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:54 am

Did your AMEX activity also show "ALASKA AIR GIFT CERT SEATTLE WA"? I'm concern that it's showing as "GIFT CERT" and the credit won't apply.

Mar7
$ 100

Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by Corgilove
Did your AMEX activity also show "ALASKA AIR GIFT CERT SEATTLE WA"? I'm concern that it's showing as "GIFT CERT" and the credit won't apply.
Mine showed that language and I received the credit with my Platinum business card. Still waiting for the credit on my PRG card though...
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:56 pm

Yeah, I meant gift certificate. It did show as "ALASKA AIR GIFT CERT SEATTLE WA", category: Travel-Airline.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:58 pm

DP: Purchased $100 Alaska Gift Certificate. Transaction posted 3/25. Reimbursement posted 3/27. Going to purchase the 2nd $100 GC now.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Can you purchase a gift certificate on AS and apply to my wallet and then use these funds to pay taxes on reward flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.