Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
This sounds interesting, I have a PHX-DFW-BOS flight coming up I haven't checked to see what is to be served... I know the PHX-DFW is a lovely continental breakfast.
Even though my filet was cooked to beef jerky the string beans were awful and the polenta just a block of yellow brick out of a bad episode of diners, drive-ins and dives.

I would go for the chicken salad - looked very nice.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Even though my filet was cooked to beef jerky the string beans were awful and the polenta just a block of yellow brick out of a bad episode of diners, drive-ins and dives.

I would go for the chicken salad - looked very nice.
When I had the lunch fillet it was cooked just right and flawless, it's easy to cut a perfect 2-3 oz steak. My guess is your FA just burned the food while reheating it.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA 1874 DFW-EWR MD-80 0925-1350

Choice of egg quesedilla or "granola cereal". By the time they got to row 6 they were down to only one cereal, luckily I wanted eggs:

Choice of a muffin or biscuit came with it. Not bad, not bad at all, just needed some hot sauce
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by CMK10
AA 1874 DFW-EWR MD-80 0925-1350

Choice of egg quesedilla or "granola cereal". By the time they got to row 6 they were down to only one cereal, luckily I wanted eggs:

Choice of a muffin or biscuit came with it. Not bad, not bad at all, just needed some hot sauce
What are you drinking? Is that grapefruit juice?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
AA 1127 Bos/Dfw
Lunch chicken with basmati rice, asparagus and garbanzo or chopped salad with grilled beef.
Dessert was chocolate or sugar cookies.
Let's see what AA 0831 serves for dinner!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
last night

AA 1103 DFW/FLL

Dinner

Had a grilled chicken breast that was served with mixed green vegetables and potatoes. A basic salad of romaine lettuce, a tomato slice, and grated parmesan cheese and some sort of creamy Caesar type dressing. A sourdough roll. Cheese cake with a caramel sauce with pecans. (Turtle cheesecake??)

Chicken was good. Nice and juicy. Service level good. No use of carts. Got a G&T with the warm nuts, then two beers with my meal.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by fAAn
Let's see what AA 0831 serves for dinner!
Well, just don't make me jealous with your description of it. I was on standby for that one but will be snacking on 2033.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by logicalrealist
Well, just don't make me jealous with your description of it. I was on standby for that one but will be snacking on 2033.
Alright don't get jealous. Warm nuts, shrimp cocktail, romaine salad with feta, grilled salmon with rice pilaf, rapini and lemon butter sauce. Other choice was cheese ravioli.

And dessert was cheese and fruit or ice cream.
I had the ice cream with Baileys poured over it!

Last edited by fAAn; Feb 11, 2013 at 7:48 pm
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
Alright don't get jealous. Warm nuts, shrimp cocktail, romaine salad with feta, grilled salmon with rice pilaf, rapini and lemon butter sauce. Other choice was cheese ravioli.

And dessert was cheese and fruit or ice cream.
I had the ice cream with Baileys poured over it!
Exactly the same menu as AA1355 DFW-SFO tonight!

Pasta was pretty decent.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
What are you drinking? Is that grapefruit juice?
Nope, that is my preferred morning cocktail of Cranberry, OJ and Vodka. They're quite tasty ^
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
AA 1900 DFW-PHL
Scheduled 11:25
Actual 12:04 (notified the night before of the delay, interestingly)

PDB
Warm nuts in ramekins
Choice of Shrimp w/cheesy grits or grilled chicken salad w/beets
Choice of double chocolate chip cookie or red/white/blue cookie
Mints prior to arrival
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:55 pm

AA 2082 DFW/BOS
No pdb.
Breakfast was choice of;
Egg and cheese quesadilla with roasted potatoes and sauteed bell peppers or ceral with fruit cup. Choice of orange cranberry muffin or cheese biscuit.
I had neither. Way too tired from the BOS/DFW/SEA/DFW/BOS MR.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:34 pm

Alright don't get jealous.
2033 was nuts, bbq chicken salad or roast beef wrap, or cookies. I do wish that would go back to being a dinner flight.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP (15yrs) 3+MM , exDLPlt, exCOPlt, Cruiseaholic (250+)
They used to have a pretty good salmon on 277 MIA-LAX. Now it's a roast beef sandwich (couldn't even cut it) - thankfully the F/A snagged me a chicken salad sandwich from Y (it was very good)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by logicalrealist
2033 was nuts, bbq chicken salad or roast beef wrap, or cookies. I do wish that would go back to being a dinner flight.
Same for AA2007 (ORD-AUS) on 11 Feb, although the FA called it "Buffalo chicken salad". 4:05 pm departure. The salad came with zero accompaniments. Would have preferred a full dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.