Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2006, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, AGR
Originally Posted by sjefenole
Anyone seen anything in Canada? We have Safeway here too.
I don't know about any stores in Canada, but none of the many Safeways I have checked in CA have had the cheese wheels. (I have found some Albertsons that have them though, if those are in Canada).

Last edited by arborguard; Nov 18, 2006 at 7:49 pm
Old Nov 18, 2006, 5:28 pm

found the Fondue at Super Target today but no miles. No cheese wheels
Old Nov 18, 2006, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Checked two Albertsons in Broward County FL (Oakland Park and Plantation) - no products at either one
Old Nov 18, 2006, 8:27 pm
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
lots of FAT...
Old Nov 18, 2006, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
I went to customer service at Costco to see if Emmi's Swiss Knights Snack Wheels were included in products they buy, since Costco was on Emmi's list. The only thing that Costco buys from Emmi is the cave aged cheese.

Then I talked with the Costco manager, asking what it might take in terms of guaranteed sales for Costco to add a product from the product line of an already established manufacturer-buyer relationship, cost per unit, number of units per pallet (I know they get pretty much everything palletized), and my contact information, and included the fact that I was only interested in the processed cheese snack wheels that were part of the Emmi-American Airlines promotion for frequent flyer miles (he was somewhat amused).

He said he would pass my request and info to their buyer and one of the two of them would get back to me.

Now, he also casually mentioned that they usually buy by the truckload!

I think that is somewhat more than I am willing to go for myself--I don't want to be greedy. However, I was thinking that if Costco does their buying centrally, then maybe I could get them to buy a truckload of the snack cheese wheels, and then "advise" them as to what stores they should distribute pallets to which would be quickly bought up....

I'll keep you all informed as to my progress.

Steve
Old Nov 18, 2006, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by martian
ok, I found some Swiss Knight Assorted Wedges for $4 each with a cheese shop. I can buy 300 now and possibly order more later. I want about 50 for myself at the moment, so there are 250 left. If anyone would be willing to buy all 250 or maybe 2 people buying 125, that would be a big help organizationally. I don't feel comfortabel laying down all the cash for these, so it would be best if whoever want in could prepay. Of course we can talk on the phone, and share names of employers etc. just to feel comfortable doing this. Just respond to this if you want in. I will contact them and ask for a larger order after this one goes through if more people are interested. I just want to test the waters and see how this works for now.
I have spoken with two FTers today who are going in on this with me. There is actually room for another person to buy 250 though. If you want to buy 250 then let me know before Monday when I will be calling the cheese shop to place the order. Please only FTers who have been members for more than a few months contact me about this.

Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:22 am

May I interject a word of caution.What guarantee does your retailer who places the order for you from his wholesaler,distributor,or chain warehouse have that the purchase will infact be the correct item (package containing AA sticker,coupon,proof of purchase).Is someone going to check the case purchases to insure its the right product.I would hate to commit to a large buy only to find the source sent Regular goods not the promotional item.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Getiton
May I interject a word of caution.What guarantee does your retailer who places the order for you from his wholesaler,distributor,or chain warehouse have that the purchase will infact be the correct item (package containing AA sticker,coupon,proof of purchase).Is someone going to check the case purchases to insure its the right product.I would hate to commit to a large buy only to find the source sent Regular goods not the promotional item.

Well, I have asked the shop a number of times now; and just to make sure we were on the same page they sent me two sample boxes: both contained the 500 mile vouchers.

Of course, you make a good point. However, I think I have made it clear enough to them about what I want. If they still do not send me the right boxes, I think there is sufficient grounds to request a refund. But, like you say, this isn't 100% foolproof. I personally think it is worth trying though.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
First coupons are starting to appear on eBay...$150 for 10 (5k miles) which seems somewhat optimistic. If I remember right, the Kellogs coupons averaged around 2 cents/mile on eBay.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by dgwright99
First coupons are starting to appear on eBay...$150 for 10 (5k miles) which seems somewhat optimistic. If I remember right, the Kellogs coupons averaged around 2 cents/mile on eBay.
I think you'll find that they sell more quickly than you think they will. The going price on eBay for miles drastically increased after the Kelloggs promo ended, as evidenced by the price that Cinemark certificates got earlier this summer.

Mike
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, US CP, *W Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
We're having good luck w/local Albertson's...3 of the 8 we purchased had TWO certs in them!!
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:57 am

I can't find any proper T&C for this offer. Specifically how long it takes for the miles to post and who to contact about the offer e.g. how to distinguish zeros from the letter 'O' Anyone have any ideas?
Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:01 pm

wow: is anyone else getting a bandwidth error when going to: http://www.emmiusa.com/

there must be a lot of demand for this offer
Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by tmcneill; May 31, 2011 at 2:56 pm
Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by tmcneill; May 31, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.