Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA IAD-NRT seat types: 777-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
I flew NH2 a couple of days ago...on Oct 2nd, was still the older business product, not the staggered for me unfortunately :-(
Old Oct 7, 2013, 1:14 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by Rava
Hello. I'm new to flyertalk, but have lurked here a bit.

I'm thinking of booking an award ticket for business class in April or May 2014 for IAD-NRT. Right now those months are showing 777 only for that route, though March shows almost entirely 77W. Is that accurate or am I looking too far out for the plane to have changed? I don't want to use the points on the old config, but space is filling up so I need to decide soon.
It is still too far out to say for certain, but I expect that all planes operating NH1/2 will be outfitted with the IOJ product by then.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 8:56 am

9/24/13 - new product.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79
9/24/13 - new product.
I was just choosing my seats for June, 2014 and still shows old product.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Travelling as a couple on this route, would business or first class be better on 777 and 77W? I am not seeing 77W availability but just in case... Are seats lie flat in business classs in 777? What about 77W?

Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by morkovka
Travelling as a couple on this route, would business or first class be better on 777 and 77W? I am not seeing 77W availability but just in case... Are seats lie flat in business classs in 777? What about 77W?

Thanks!
77W => 777-300ER IOJ has flat seats in business class
773 => 777-300ER non-IOJ slanted lie flat business class seats

For both of them full flat seats in first with little difference. However travelling as a couple, the old first (773) is better as the new First Square is very enclosed.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by fangtl
Interested in this development. Looking over ANA's NH001 reservation seems like the old cabin is still in effect for the first week of 01/2014.
I just flew NH0001 IAD-NRT and while the service and food were top notch - I was disappointed in the C class seats. I've gotten used to lie flat. This was not flat and it was harder to sleep. Any idea when they will roll out something different?

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../777_300er_01/
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:10 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Unfortunately you simply had bad timing. NRT-IAD is operated alternately by the 773 and the 77W.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:45 pm

Does ANA have plans to upgrade all of its 777s to the new J seats? I haven't read anything indicating that was the plan/any sort of timeline.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by terpfan101
Does ANA have plans to upgrade all of its 777s to the new J seats? I haven't read anything indicating that was the plan/any sort of timeline.
All of its 777s ? I don't think so.

Not sure you know about NH have 777 for domestic, intra-asia, and long haul international.

Domestic and intra-asia ones won't get any upgrades, especially the 4 intra-asia ones (707-710) were the original ex-3 class international before 77W comes not converted to 2 class with Club ANA Asia C seats.

The 3 2-class international (715-717) that fly LAX-HND and also HND-HKG may get upgrade or perhaps switch to 787 or 77W. 77W only have a few left to upgrade, any reason why you must fly out of IAD ?

LAX/SFO/SEA/SJC/JFK/ORD(1) all have new seats, you can't fly to any of those cities to connect ?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
All of its 777s ? I don't think so.

Not sure you know about NH have 777 for domestic, intra-asia, and long haul international.

Domestic and intra-asia ones won't get any upgrades, especially the 4 intra-asia ones (707-710) were the original ex-3 class international before 77W comes not converted to 2 class with Club ANA Asia C seats.

The 3 2-class international (715-717) that fly LAX-HND and also HND-HKG may get upgrade or perhaps switch to 787 or 77W. 77W only have a few left to upgrade, any reason why you must fly out of IAD ?

LAX/SFO/SEA/SJC/JFK/ORD(1) all have new seats, you can't fly to any of those cities to connect ?
Sorry should have been more clear regarding only longhaul 777s. I was looking for award flights next July and the only ANA J flights available are the ORD flights that are not 77W. So was wondering when that flight and the IAD flight would be made full time new seats.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry should have been more clear regarding only longhaul 777s. I was looking for award flights next July and the only ANA J flights available are the ORD flights that are not 77W. So was wondering when that flight and the IAD flight would be made full time new seats.
Howabout go for F instead ? I don't know what program are you using, but for UA it is only 10K miles difference between F and C for US-south Asia one way, or 7.5K miles difference for US>Japan.

P.S. I saw many dates for C awards NH SEA-NRT and SJC-NRT in July, quite a few dates for NH SFO-NRT and LAX-NRT as well. Not to mention there are also NH CDG-NRT available, so don't just stuck on those two routes.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 28, 2013 at 2:40 pm
Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Howabout go for F instead ? I don't know what program are you using, but for UA it is only 10K miles difference between F and C for US-south Asia one way, or 7.5K miles difference for US>Japan.

P.S. I saw many dates for C awards NH SEA-NRT and SJC-NRT in July, quite a few dates for NH SFO-NRT and LAX-NRT as well. Not to mention there are also NH CDG-NRT available, so don't just stuck on those two routes.
Thanks yes I've looked but First on ANA is pretty impossible to find using UA miles unless looking in a few months (summer not included). Problem is getting to those spots with award space and the dates I need don't have much availability.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:35 pm

I'm booked in J on IAD-NRT late Jan on a 77W (biz staggered) day. Hope they stick to schedule and not have equip swaps. Looks like they're doing 77W and 777 on alternate days until late Feb '14 when it switches to mainly 77W.
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_common/airinfo/
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks yes I've looked but First on ANA is pretty impossible to find using UA miles unless looking in a few months (summer not included). Problem is getting to those spots with award space and the dates I need don't have much availability.
It is hard, but not impossible. I just did NH F FRA-NRT using UA miles 3 weeks ago ! I booked it at the end of November, at the time there were quite a few NH F in CDG-NRT available in December and January as well. Not to mention the 2nd NH ORD-NRT, 2nd NH JFK-NRT, and IAD-NRT are open in F as well.

P.S. I just checked NH F using UA miles, there are 6 day available in January, 4 days available in February on the 2nd flight NH 1011. Remember NH F opens up close in, not far in advance, also don't be picky on dates for awards. Since the UA devaluation start Feb 1st, I suggest you should book and fly in January or February when there are availabilty for NH F instead.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 30, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.