Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA IAD-NRT seat types: 777-300ER

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
It seems as if we're going to be going through this again all over next year. Just made a booking for next March on NRT - IAD NH F again and it's old F (and listed as the 772 on UA.com which gives that away). Granted I had no problem with old F but I poked around the month of March just to see if it was a one off and at least for now, ANA has loaded old F (including with the seatmap on ANA.com) for this route next March and possibly the entire spring (didn't look around enough to confirm that)
Old May 22, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Tried Square for the first time today. The seat was nice, but either F seat is great. Walked around the plane mid-flight, and sat in an empty C seat. The seat felt really hard to me. I tried out their Premium Economy seat too, and it's comparable to domestic F in terms of width and legroom. That's good, because one of these days, I'm going to start flying ANA to Asia in PE, and crediting certain UA flights to get Diamond.
Old May 22, 2014, 6:28 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
It seems as if we're going to be going through this again all over next year. Just made a booking for next March on NRT - IAD NH F again and it's old F (and listed as the 772 on UA.com which gives that away). Granted I had no problem with old F but I poked around the month of March just to see if it was a one off and at least for now, ANA has loaded old F (including with the seatmap on ANA.com) for this route next March and possibly the entire spring (didn't look around enough to confirm that)
As always with NH, aircraft configurations are only accurate for the half-year schedule they have loaded (April-September and October-March). Schedules tend to be finalized 4-6 weeks before each period, and even then are subject to change (especially since NH is taking their time doing the refits).
Old May 22, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by armagebedar
As always with NH, aircraft configurations are only accurate for the half-year schedule they have loaded (April-September and October-March). Schedules tend to be finalized 4-6 weeks before each period, and even then are subject to change (especially since NH is taking their time doing the refits).
Fair enough - I'll be happy either way, one last NH F that I was able to get at a UA pre-devaluation level so can't complain either way
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Any update for 2015?

Kon-ichiwa!

The other half and I just made an award booking for PVG-NRT-IAD next summer (8-9 Jul) in business and noticed that NH2 is still showing up as the old configuration.

Given the fairly frequent reports from this spring on this thread about NRT-IAD having oft become IOJ, does anyone know whether we can realistically be optimistic about also enjoying IOJ next summer?

FWIW we're in 3A and 3C on the old config, which from what I gather seems to be the best seats in the house in this cabin...
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Wow, didn't realize the thread I started 2 years ago is still alive
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:01 pm

Traveling with my spouse NRT-IAD in F. Are the middle seats really not very good for conversing? Also, is there any reason to favor row 1 or row 2?

Right now the side seats in row 1 are both taken, while row 2 is completely empty. Emptiness might be a reason to choose row 2.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Montacute
Traveling with my spouse NRT-IAD in F. Are the middle seats really not very good for conversing? Also, is there any reason to favor row 1 or row 2?

Right now the side seats in row 1 are both taken, while row 2 is completely empty. Emptiness might be a reason to choose row 2.
There are no seats that are good for conversations. You are very well shielded from other passengers. There is a small section between the seats that can be opened. But you you have to lean forward a good deal to talk there.

I see no real difference in row 1 or 2, though 1A is usually very coveted, and normally reserved for full fare, VIP, etc. You may find that currently it is only blocked not taken.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There are no seats that are good for conversations. You are very well shielded from other passengers. There is a small section between the seats that can be opened. But you you have to lean forward a good deal to talk there.

I see no real difference in row 1 or 2, though 1A is usually very coveted, and normally reserved for full fare, VIP, etc. You may find that currently it is only blocked not taken.
Thanks! 1A was indeed gone, as was the other side. I moved us to the middle in row 2. The only windows left were in row 2, so we'd rather not be on opposite sides of the plane from each other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.