Wiki Posts
Search

ANA IAD-NRT seat types: 777-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Hi all!

I'm new here at Flyertalk and wasn't sure if this is the right thread to post this question but here I go...

Has anyone flown the ANA 777-300ER on the IAD-NRT in the last couple of months? I was fortunate enough to get a round-trip 1st class seats via United saver-rewards for my trip to Japan in March. Now I fly fairly frequently on that route but I was just wonder if they're still flying the old configuration or has the 777 on that route being retrofitted to the new 1st cube yet?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:49 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
bacondreamer, welcome to FlyerTalk.

As your thread is ANA-specific, I'll move it to the dedicated forum for ANA-related discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Still on the old seats right now....the F product is still very good though and the service s excellent!!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous - Platinum, Gamblers Anonymous - Gold
Can anyone comment on the Business Class product on this NH route? From the looks of the seat map it isn't the new staggered set up. Pretty long flight so I'm hoping it is comfortable whatever it is.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:17 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE

On this route NH uses the older Club ANA slopes lie-flat seats in a 2-3-2 layout. Please check the links in the Master Thread for more details.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by armagebedar
On this route NH uses the older Club ANA slopes lie-flat seats in a 2-3-2 layout. Please check the links in the Master Thread for more details.
Thanks, however I was hoping for some comments on the quality of the actual seats. I've seen the maps but they don't tell the story
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:27 pm

There are photos on the ANA website.

Personally, I'm not a fan of sloped seats, so they are not my favorite. Since the in flight service is identical to other long haul flights, it comes down to your preference of seat, IMO.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:29 pm

There are photos on the ANA website.

Personally, I'm not a fan of sloped seats, so they are not my favorite. Since the in flight service is identical to other long haul flights, it comes down to your preference of seat, IMO.
Thanks. I'm hoping between now and December they change it to the staggered layout.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:01 am

On this same topic, how are the Y seats on JFK-NRT? The ANA site shows all 777-300 economy seats having 34 inch legroom, but Seatguru (which is often inaccurate) still shows most them at 31.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by trebex
On this same topic, how are the Y seats on JFK-NRT? The ANA site shows all 777-300 economy seats having 34 inch legroom, but Seatguru (which is often inaccurate) still shows most them at 31.
Seatguru is riddled with errors. I believe the non-IOJ 77W configuration is 34" in Y, but as I haven't flown that aircraft in Y in quite some time I don't recall.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Seatguru is riddled with errors. I believe the non-IOJ 77W configuration is 34" in Y, but as I haven't flown that aircraft in Y in quite some time I don't recall.
Actually it is IOJ 77W have 34" in Y, co-effect with 2-4-3 layout, non-IOJ is 31" in Y.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: United
just flew this route last week - still old seats. i think this will be one of the last routes to be upgraded to the new seats. i flew both C and Y and Y is extremely uncomfortable at 31"... get bulkhead seats if you can.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, USAirways Gold
My wife and I are flying IAD-NRT and returning in business class this December. I'd like to select good seats for us to be able to talk during the flight. I'm assuming the smaller business cabin just behind first is the preferred location? Also, are the seats by the windows set up for easy conversation, or would we be better off in the middle row? Any advice on seats for couples would be most helpful.
Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: UA/AA
You got it right already. Snag a pair of seats in the mini cabin behind F. One window & one aisle. they are side by side, so conversing should not be a problem.
The bulkhead offers a bit more legroom to get out past the aisle seat. Why would you want to be in the middle ? If you are lucky, you might get an upgraded plane by the end of the year, but I would not hold my breath hoping for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.