Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
ANA website seat maps
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_common/departure/inflight/seatmap/
2-2-2 or 2-3-2 staggered all isle seats. Photos can be seen below.

FAQ about ANA "BUSINESS STAGGERED"
1. What planes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777-300ER(77W) and 787-900 (789), as well as one type of the B787-8(169 seats variation).
ANA website links on business staggered class is here (77W), (789) and B787-8(169 seats variation).

2. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats, odd number rows on the left (1A,3A,5A..), even number rows on the right (2K,4K,6K...)

3. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus.

4. I see 1A blocked on the 789 or 787. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.

5. What routes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777W routes =NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH, & HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,CDG,FRA,LHR
ALL 789 routes (215 seats variation) = HND-SYD,SIN,BKK,HAN,SJC,SEA,YVR,CDG,MUC,DUS,
B787-8(169 seats variation). = NRT-MEX,BRU,DEL,BOM

6. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the preferred temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.

PHOTOS

Post 461 - Seat 3A on the B789 - August 2018 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30072531-post461.html

5 photos below from Boeing 777-300ER (77W)
From 2 flights on the same trip - May 2017 - posted by 24left

Print Wikipost

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by BalbC
The ANA website does show a row 11 on domestic 787. So there is no problem here, or did I miss the question?
Maybe I didn't find the right seat map -- http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...eatmap/b787_8/
Looks to start at 12.

In any case, I played around a bit more with the booking (an award booking using UA miles) and have found a routing that still puts me on the ANA 787, but now upfront.
Thanks.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by mot29
Maybe I didn't find the right seat map -- http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...eatmap/b787_8/
Looks to start at 12.

In any case, I played around a bit more with the booking (an award booking using UA miles) and have found a routing that still puts me on the ANA 787, but now upfront.
Thanks.
That makes sense now - that's an international short haul 787 seat map. They used to be used for domestics with a smaller premium cabin, but I think they've all been converted for international use now.
ANA domestic seat maps seem to be only available in Japanese.
Domestic 787: https://www.ana.co.jp/dom/inflight/seatmap/b8p/
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, *A Focus
Hey everyone,

Got upgraded to J on 1011, w/Business Staggered. Debating 10C and 15A. Any thoughts? Want a nice view outside the plane, wasn't sure how much the wing blocks the view back on 15A; but wasn't sure how much the table blocks the view for 10C. 12K is open, but Seatguru says the view is blocked there.

Thanks everyone!
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:40 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
According to NH's own seat maps (which I would trust before SeatGuru), 12K is just ahead of the wing -- and at any rate it will provide a better view than either 15A or 10C. However, keep in mind that much of the flight is in darkness (although it may be a bit brighter in the summer).

Last edited by armagebedar; Jun 7, 2014 at 12:46 am
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by armagebedar
According to NH's own seat maps (which I would trust before SeatGuru), 12K is just ahead of the wing -- and at any rate it will provide a better view than either 15A or 10C. However, keep in mind that much of the flight is in darkness (although it may be a bit brighter in the summer).
Yep! I booked into 12K for now. Will move up if something opens up.

SeatGuru just suggested that 12K doesn't have a window, or is otherwise blocked out somehow, and I wasn't sure if there was a way to verify that (strangely, the opposing side row 12 seat doesn't have anything listed about the bulkhead...)
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Eileron
Yep! I booked into 12K for now. Will move up if something opens up.

SeatGuru just suggested that 12K doesn't have a window, or is otherwise blocked out somehow, and I wasn't sure if there was a way to verify that (strangely, the opposing side row 12 seat doesn't have anything listed about the bulkhead...)
The only row on the 77W without a window is row 30 in Y, so SeatGuru is just incorrect (again)
Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:36 pm

Awesome!

New debate - some seats opened up. 8K vs. 5H? The mini-business cabin is tempting...
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Eileron
Awesome!

New debate - some seats opened up. 8K vs. 5H? The mini-business cabin is tempting...
The mini-cabin usually fills up, and 8K is going to be much more private than 5H (the right-hand side of the aircraft tends to get more FA traffic going back and forth from business to the F galley). I would stick with what you've got.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by armagebedar
The mini-cabin usually fills up, and 8K is going to be much more private than 5H (the right-hand side of the aircraft tends to get more FA traffic going back and forth from business to the F galley). I would stick with what you've got.
Thank you! You've been a great help 8K it is!
Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:06 am

Which long haul J product?

We can either fly biz to SJC or to SF or LAX. I understand the seats are actually the same but any thoughts on the Dreamliner (San Jose) versus 777-300ER (SFO and LAX)?

Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by nadmad
We can either fly biz to SJC or to SF or LAX. I understand the seats are actually the same but any thoughts on the Dreamliner (San Jose) versus 777-300ER (SFO and LAX)?

Thanks.
787 and 777 IOJ biz seats should be identical.

Are you flying paid biz, and are you an NH elite or do you have an NH mileage balance? Or do you have SPG points (which can be converted into NH miles)?

I ask because if you are paying for a biz ticket and can acquire NH miles, you have the option to upgrade to F ex-SFO. It's this reason alone that I've never flown the 787 ex-SJC, given that it's a dual cabin aircraft. Avoid the redeye ex-LAX at all costs based on reviews here.

Other things to consider:

-> SFO runway construction this summer is causing a multitude of inbound and outbound delays. Weather is also difficult to predict here vs SJC. It's a much larger airport and the transfer will take longer than SJC. NH will refer you to the PACKED United Club in C, but the much better UA GFL in F. I use "much better" only as a relative comparison, the UA GFL at SFO may be nice for domestic standards, but that's about it.

-> SJC is simple, fast and efficient. Delays are minimal. Weather is more predictable. NH C pax can use the generic lounge shared by many airlines. Haven't been there myself, figure it can't be worse and is probably better than the SFO United Club.

Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know what you end up deciding.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:58 am

Hi, thanks a lot for the info. I'm gonna be using my SQ points for the 4 of us. This is for next summer still We've always redeemed SQ for their nonstop flights to the US (we are flying from Indonesia). Now that they no longer fly nonstop to either LAX or EWR and their planes are getting older, I'd like to try different airlines.

How about the airplanes as opposed to the identical seats? If pretty much the same, I'll just grab whichever flights are available I guess.

Sounds like it's either LAX (my final destination) or SJC then. Thanks again.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question about sitting in 6C/6K on the 77W (IOJ business class).
Seatguru says these two window seats have misaligned windows, and they are red-colored.
Has anyone tried these seats before?
Can you still look out the window by leaning forward/backward, or is it very difficult to look out from these seats?
I don't care much about being close to the lav (another con of these seats according to seatguru), but I do enjoy looking out the windows, so if I can't see the view outside, I would have to pick a different seat even though the mini J cabin is quite tempting.
Unfortunately row 5 is all occupied and row 6 is the only option in the mini J cabin for me.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:59 pm

ANA Business Class Mini-Cabin

Hi guys, sorry to post this in a new thread but I couldn't find what I needed.

I'm thinking of taking ANA Business Class from JFK-NRT but had a couple of questions about the mini-cabin immediately behind First Class (I think it's rows 5 and 6).

--For row 5, since there's no business class seat in front of you, does that mean there's no ottoman and no bag storage for those seats?

--Also for row 5, is the TV screen mounted on the wall or something since there's no seat in front?

--Any other positives or negatives about sitting in either row 5 or 6 on this flight? I know row 6 is closer to the bathroom/galley but what about row 5?

Hope someone can help!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:34 pm

nycnyc,

Welcome to the ANA forum. I've moved your question to our "megathread" concerning the business staggered seats on the 77W and 787. A review of some of the older posts here will probably answer some of your questions, and our resident experts can help with the rest.

Regards,
armagebedar
ANA forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.