Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
How would the views be blocked by the SC when it's in a different terminal? I'm thinking views of the runway. I'm not certain where in the end of C it's going in.
From the AS Lounge Page:

Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Concourse C, across from gate C-9
Opening June 2017

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...and-hours.aspx
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
They're working on the overcrowding issue by expanding the lounge footprint and limiting Priority Pass Select access to some of the lounges. Now if they could just up their food and beverage offerings, it might be worth reinstating my Board Room (excuse me - Alaska Lounge) membership.

It's sad that Alaska doesn't offer even *half* of the quality and variety that is available in the Seattle Delta Sky Club location.

Link to more details about the Delta Sky Club Seasonal Flavors.
The current Seattle Delta Sky Club menu features a variety of salads, including a house-roasted chicken salad with Washington-grown jazz apples and cranberries, as well as a weekly rotation of crudité and dips, including mixed Mediterranean olives with orange zest and fresh herbs,and Tzatziki with cucumber, mint, dill, lemon, garlic and plain yogurt. Stowell’s signature pasta sauce, comprised of San Marzano tomatoes, Italian sausage, Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, along with rigatoni pasta is also available to travelers looking for a heartier meal. Guests can satisfy cravings with fresh-popped popcorn.
Reports from this week include comments about the DL Sky Club breakfast offerings including scrambled eggs, potatoes and sausage. A real breakfast buffett! Take THAT, AS pancake printer ...

In the past they've served Beecher's mac and cheese in the DL SC as well as other offerings that are heartier - and tastier - than the Costco or FSA institutional-style soups and plain salads.

Please, Alaska. Step up your lounge game.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
They're working on the overcrowding issue by expanding the lounge footprint and limiting Priority Pass Select access to some of the lounges. Now if they could just up their food and beverage offerings, it might be worth reinstating my Board Room (excuse me - Alaska Lounge) membership.

It's sad that Alaska doesn't offer even *half* of the quality and variety that is available in the Seattle Delta Sky Club location.

Link to more details about the Delta Sky Club Seasonal Flavors.
The current Seattle Delta Sky Club menu features a variety of salads, including a house-roasted chicken salad with Washington-grown jazz apples and cranberries, as well as a weekly rotation of crudité and dips, including mixed Mediterranean olives with orange zest and fresh herbs,and Tzatziki with cucumber, mint, dill, lemon, garlic and plain yogurt. Stowell’s signature pasta sauce, comprised of San Marzano tomatoes, Italian sausage, Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, along with rigatoni pasta is also available to travelers looking for a heartier meal. Guests can satisfy cravings with fresh-popped popcorn.
Reports from this week include comments about the DL Sky Club breakfast offerings including scrambled eggs, potatoes and sausage. A real breakfast buffett! Take THAT, AS pancake printer ...

In the past they've served Beecher's mac and cheese in the DL SC as well as other offerings that are heartier - and tastier - than the Costco or FSA institutional-style soups and plain salads.

I think stepping up the game involves increasing revenue to pay for that food and I'm not sure how that's gonna happen when there is a new lounge to pay for and a loss of revenue from Priority Pass, Lounge Buddy, etc. As a Priority Pass "Select" member, SEA is the least of my lounge concerns since I can use the DL Skyclubs during the rare times I'm flying DL and when I'm on AS, I have access to the Centurion Studio as well as both "The Club at SEA" lounges so as far as SEA goes, I'm good....I'm gonna be honest and say that I will miss having a lounge at PDX, but I'll not get to the airport quite as early anymore which I guess a good thing (more sleep!).
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I think stepping up the game involves increasing revenue to pay for that food
I (well, PP) paid them $20 just yesterday for two machine-made pancakes, one machine-made Mocha, and two hardboiled eggs.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I (well, PP) paid them $20 just yesterday for two machine-made pancakes, one machine-made Mocha, and two hardboiled eggs.
Are you a unicorn? Because this is a rare mythical thing indeed! PP holder actually INSIDE a lounge? You sure you weren't just watching other people get that stuff while you stood at the front desk hearing the staff tell you "no"??

Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by acarney
Are you a unicorn? Because this is a rare mythical thing indeed! PP holder actually INSIDE a lounge? You sure you weren't just watching other people get that stuff while you stood at the front desk hearing the staff tell you "no"??

5:35am in PDX lounge. The early bird gets the pancakes.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
So without the $20, my guess would be you would get a cup of regular coffee and pancakes The only possible way I would see this an a revenue booster is that if more people become AL members when the environment because less-crowded....which is a possibility although my gut feeling is that they make more keeping PP and Lounge Buddy, but time will tell...
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
So without the $20, my guess would be you would get a cup of regular coffee and pancakes The only possible way I would see this an a revenue booster is that if more people become AL members when the environment because less-crowded....which is a possibility although my gut feeling is that they make more keeping PP and Lounge Buddy, but time will tell...
I am a BR, I mean, AL member. I probably wouldn't renew this time around when my membership ends in October without there being significant improvement to the offerings. I think they must be losing members whom are getting fed up of the lacklustre offerings?

A visit late afternoon/early evening in March was met with effectively no fresh food at the SEA C Concourse lounge. The soups were "out" both upstairs and downstairs and when I asked, was told wait time of 30-45 minutes on a new batch being heated up. There was no salad left either as it had been completely picked bare by the standing room only crowd with there being no soups or other hearty food options. Other than some dry nuts and dry snacks, there was effectively no food. Oh, wait - there was the pancake maker i guess I spent a couple of minutes in the lounge before escaping over to the new DL SkyClub which was 1000x better.

My visit to both N and C lounges in the last week were a little better for food availability - there was at least soup in the C lounge and cheese/veggies and chips/dip at the N lounge, but still packed both times though.

The BR concierges are friendly and personable, but they can't really do much due to the union contract thing that seems to prevent them helping with reservation assistance etc.

The BR membership fees are very reasonable - significantly less than the mainline carriers programs, but I guess I'm in the camp that would rather pay say $100/USD a year more than the current rates, and actually have a half decent lounge experience.

Will be interesting to see if they also revamp the AL club offerings, food/soft product etc. when the new one opens in June.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I want to put up a sign on the C concourse lounge construction wall that says:
"Priority Pass refugees line up here."
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Now if they could just up their food and beverage offerings, it might be worth reinstating my Board Room (excuse me - Alaska Lounge) membership.

Bolding mine and I am not holding my breath

My membership lapses in 12 days with no intention of renewing. Once the C AL opens and I see how they "step up", I will make my decision on my next lounge program but have absolutely no hope that AS "steps up" or cares.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:12 pm

I see they are also promoting "Premium Drinks". Any chance they will use name brands for the well drinks or will they still come from a spice company-Mc Cormicks" and charge for the decent stuff.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
I see they are also promoting "Premium Drinks". Any chance they will use name brands for the well drinks or will they still come from a spice company-Mc Cormicks" and charge for the decent stuff.
DL charges for everything but the swill (even if you're sitting in a premium international seat). AA charges for everything but the swill (but gives drink chits to the premium int'l crowd and will have separate lounges for them soon). Based upon that alone, I think you'll be drinking Oaken Keg Select for years to come from the complimentary bar.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
DL charges for everything but the swill (even if you're sitting in a premium international seat). AA charges for everything but the swill (but gives drink chits to the premium int'l crowd and will have separate lounges for them soon). Based upon that alone, I think you'll be drinking Oaken Keg Select for years to come from the complimentary bar.
I have not been in an SC since AS stopped being a lounge partner, but back then the well Vodka was Skye and the well Rum was Bacardi Silver. That's much better than the AS swill. Has the SC dropped those brands for something of lesser quality?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I guess I am in the minority here. I don't expect a domestic airport lounge to serve fine wines and top shelf booze. I belong to the lounge to get the heck out of the concourse, have a little space, a snack, maybe a drink (who cares what they serve, it's an airport), and be able to charge my phone. For me the AS lounge works fine.

That said their food does need a step up. It's only snack type food but both DL and AA do a much better job in the food department.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by BOB W
I have not been in an SC since AS stopped being a lounge partner, but back then the well Vodka was Skye and the well Rum was Bacardi Silver. That's much better than the AS swill. Has the SC dropped those brands for something of lesser quality?
No, in the Skyclubs, Delta has improved the free spirits offerings. Rum is still Barcardi, but vodka is Stoli (the Russian import). Wiskey is Jack Daniels. Gin is Bombay Sapphire.

In-flight, more choices are added: Avion Tequila and Woodford Reserve (a Bourbon). Vodka is Skyy. All are FREE in biz-class or Comfort Plus. Contrary to a comment up-thread, it is not possible to get charged on Delta for ANY drink in domestic first, biz-class, or Comfort Plus. If it is on the plane, it's yours.

I have boat load of free in-flight Delta drink chits. Not sure why. They are only used when flying coach.

Last edited by Bowgie; Apr 21, 2017 at 2:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.