Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • One Free checked bag
  • priority seating
  • 25% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades

MVPG/75K
  • Zone SKY Boarding
  • SkyPriority Checkin
  • SkyPriority Lane for Security
  • Two Free Checked Bags (70 lbs domestic, 50 lbs Intl)
  • Priority Seating
  • 50% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades
Print Wikipost

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by tombiro
Yeah, that's a pretty big #fail, and I've certainly had this happen. I find their waitlist online to not function at all half the time, but it is what it is. I've also found that EB, I tend to have much better UG luck, but coming back WB I'm always headed out of ATL or something like that, and am like 26 of 40 or some obscene thing like that. Reminds me of the days of being a CO Gold and flying ANYWHERE out of EWR.
SEA/ATL 8:15 AM I ended up 40 of 65 on the UG list! The FA told us that it was close to the most UP requests she had seen.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by SeattleMadrona
SEA/ATL 8:15 AM I ended up 40 of 65 on the UG list! The FA told us that it was close to the most UP requests she had seen.
EOY is hard, IMO, on almost any airline, too. You've got all the current elites, PLUS all the new scores, and there's ALWAYS a solid dropoff first week of January when all the current folks who didn't re-qualify vanish. I wonder when that tipping point happens mid-year or in the late fall.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
EOY is hard, IMO, on almost any airline, too. You've got all the current elites, PLUS all the new scores, and there's ALWAYS a solid dropoff first week of January when all the current folks who didn't re-qualify vanish. I wonder when that tipping point happens mid-year or in the late fall.
With a lot of the carriers elite status does last until the end of Jan or Feb. Then the purge occurs
Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
With a lot of the carriers elite status does last until the end of Jan or Feb. Then the purge occurs
True, true. Either way, the whole Q4 thing where everyone and their brother appears to be elite always amuses me.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
FYI -- In DL the dropoff happens March 1. It's going to be tough sledding (well, tougher than normal) for AS flyers on DL until then
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott, Kimpton, Starwood
Flew the BOS-LGA shuttle yesterday morning at 6:30. I had two huge bags (80+ lbs each) and was expecting a terse "Can I have your credit card for the bag fees" sort of situation. Once the bags were weighed though they threw tags on them and said "There's no charge."

Guess that was just luck rather than a matter of policy? Anyone else lucked out on this?

Also, should note I was 6/6 on the UG list and it was booked 7/12 so I was 1/1 once we boarded, haha. Actually preferred not to get the UG though since I had a whole row of Y to myself, and its only a 45 minute flight (in theory).
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by rbp1986
Flew the BOS-LGA shuttle yesterday morning at 6:30. I had two huge bags (80+ lbs each) >>> BIG SNIP <<<
WOW, what were you traveling with? A set of 4 tires & rims!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Valveman
Originally Posted by rbp1986
Flew the BOS-LGA shuttle yesterday morning at 6:30. I had two huge bags (80+ lbs each) >>> BIG SNIP <<<
WOW, what were you traveling with? A set of 4 tires & rims!
In the Domestic US, MVPG's get 2 bags at 70 lbs. Perhaps they were a bit lighter then 80?
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott, Kimpton, Starwood
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

In the Domestic US, MVPG's get 2 bags at 70 lbs. Perhaps they were a bit lighter then 80?
I don't think so- I was looking at the scale when I lugged them up there. In any case I am just MVP. Regardless of the bag situation, the Shuttle is a pretty slick experience and was glad to have the reciprocal benefits with DL! Now if only those EQM's were actually useful (not gonna fly 10K m on partners... probably not even 2K).

I was flying some notebooks our company hands out at events. Heavy yet compact! Thanks for your responses.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Discounted First Class A-class "class of service" bonus didn't post automatically....

For the trip down to MCO a week ago Sunday, the class of service bonus miles for Delta First Class didn't post automatically.

I'll wait until the return flights post, then touch base with AS to see what's happening.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:07 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
I just noticed this on the AS website:

Mileage Plan™ MVP's and their companions will be allowed 1 free checked bag when traveling on Delta Air Lines on or after March 1, 2012. This is a reduction from the previous benefit of 2 bags.
I updated the first post (as tasked by jackal). I don't think there is nearly as much confusion or lack of clarity on these benefits anymore, but I will still attempt to keep them up to date. Please PM me if you have an update or notice an error.

Can an MVP please confirm for me:
-do you get priority security access?

Update - after review of Delta's website, there are regional variations to the baggage limit. MVP's will be allowed 1 70 pound bag within the US and Canada. As a rule of thumb, weight limit of 70 pounds applies to itineraries in the US and Canada, as well as to Brazil. Weight limit of 50 pounds appears to apply to coach passengers to all other destination. Number of bags: MVP's get 1 within the US and Canada, MVPG's get 2. All other destination, add 1 free bag to normal allowance. Consult Delta's website for full details.

Last edited by ANC RED-EYE; Jan 19, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Can an MVP please confirm for me:
-do you get priority security access?
Generally no, but sometimes Delta ends up printing SkyPriority on the boarding pass, and if so, you can get away with it. If it doesn't say SkyPriority, then generally you can't.
-70 pound checked baggage limit? (may have to wait until after 3/1 to answer that one)
Yes, same benefit as Delta Silver gets (1 free bag at 70 lbs after 3/1).
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by meballard
Generally no, but sometimes Delta ends up printing SkyPriority on the boarding pass, and if so, you can get away with it. If it doesn't say SkyPriority, then generally you can't.Yes, same benefit as Delta Silver gets (1 free bag at 70 lbs after 3/1).
Except for upgrade priority, AS MVPs are considered to be Delta Silver Medallions and AA Gold Elites. Priority security is highly dependent on having Sky Priority printed on ones boarding pass, which is not a guarantee. Oddly enough, my family members (no status) have gotten Sky Priority when travelling with me while I have not.

As for the change in the baggage policy, DL announced this over a month ago. My complaint to AS shortly after the change was announced got a response that "currently, nothing has changed with the reciprocal benefits." Now that the AS website has been updated, it looks like I'll be sending a letter to AS.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Just got back from a SFO-JFK-NRT-SIN-NRT-SEA trip. To and from Narita (NRT) you get 3 bags for free. I tried to explain this to the lady at ticketing, but wasn't getting through. I ended up just carrying on my 3rd piece. Secondly, my tickets showed me as MVP Gold, but associated that with Skyteam Elite Plus. This got me lounge access at Changi (SIN). I tried to just show my tickets at the lounge at Narita (NRT), but that didn't work. I had to show my boardroom card as well. I had EC the entire trip. It was free SFO-JFK. The other legs were at a 50% discount.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL GM, DL SkyClub
Originally Posted by dgreen12
For the trip down to MCO a week ago Sunday, the class of service bonus miles for Delta First Class didn't post automatically.

I'll wait until the return flights post, then touch base with AS to see what's happening.
I had the EXACT same problem with class of service miles not posting. I flew PDX-SLC-LAS in an A-fare ticketed first class routing. I got the normal flight miles and the MVPG/75K bonus but no class of service bonus. I also emailed mileage plan, and I heard nothing nor was anything posted. Poor form by AS, if I do say so myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.