Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • One Free checked bag
  • priority seating
  • 25% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades

MVPG/75K
  • Zone SKY Boarding
  • SkyPriority Checkin
  • SkyPriority Lane for Security
  • Two Free Checked Bags (70 lbs domestic, 50 lbs Intl)
  • Priority Seating
  • 50% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades
Print Wikipost

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:33 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Is SKYPRIORITY an enhancement from Zone 1 or the same deal with a different name?
Same deal, we had SkyPriority since Day 1 of the SP program.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I hear certain DL 'agents' have access to drink chits... any AS elites have luck talking into some? Have an upcoming Hawaii flight and am looking to make my Y experience more comfortable
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
You've lead into a point I was going to raise: we're Skypriority, but don't get access to Medallion elite phone reps it seems. I called (the general number) yesterday to ask about putting myself on the upgrade list for a segment (or confirming that I was already) -- first person was incredibly clueless, ended up hanging up on me (we were disconnected at any rate); the next one seemed far more "with it" (not tough but still ...), admitting that she hadn't worked with AS-elite upgrading before, put me on hold came back, and said she'd entered my AS# so that "now it applies to your Delta segments!" implying that I would be considered for any leftovers once the lowliest Delta Silver had been accommodated. My Alaska# and Skypriority status were already clearly indicated before I called!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:54 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

You've lead into a point I was going to raise: we're Skypriority, but don't get access to Medallion elite phone reps it seems. I called (the general number) yesterday to ask about putting myself on the upgrade list for a segment (or confirming that I was already) -- first person was incredibly clueless, ended up hanging up on me (we were disconnected at any rate); the next one seemed far more "with it" (not tough but still ...), admitting that she hadn't worked with AS-elite upgrading before, put me on hold came back, and said she'd entered my AS# so that "now it applies to your Delta segments!" implying that I would be considered for any leftovers once the lowliest Delta Silver had been accommodated. My Alaska# and Skypriority status were already clearly indicated before I called!
When the enhanced marketing agreement was announced, one of the listed benefits was "enhanced phone services for elite members" [I remember reading it in the DL magazine], but in reality that is not the case.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Quoting the oft-repeated advice on FT, if you don't like the answer you're getting, hang up and call again.

If you happen to speak an Asian language, call during the day and you'll get a former SEA-based representative now located in SLC. Several FTers visited DL's SEA call center (SEARES) before it closed (it existed from 1946 to 2012) and were able to meet a lot of the agents, many of whom are now at other DL call centers.

Web support is almost always in Montego Bay, Jamaica (VJERES) and they definitely read off a script, which doesn't help when the agent has no clue that Alaskan [sic] Airlines is an important DL partner.

If you call late at night, you'll often get SLC, which handles Diamond Medallion calls and is generally very helpful. I and many other FTers would like a direct number for the Chisholm, MN call center (Iron Range/HIBRES, a legacy NW call center) as the agents there usually seem more empowered and able to get things done without transferring you to web support or having you request a supervisor.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I just flew SEA-Minnie-Midway and was given Zone 1 boarding - which is after all the SkyPesos folks. Tried to get into EC but it charged, including before flight, during check-in, and at airport. But its ok, I was crammed into the exit row with the crappy arm rests in seat (despite last 2 737-800 flts not having them).

Could check 2 bags free, I believe. At least that's what AS.com showed when I tried to check in (flew JNU-SEA-MSP-MDW)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Alll - I have updated the first post:

MVPG now boards with SKY. Let me know if the MVP boarding zone is still zone 2.

I have put the information on EC discounts, and a link to DL's website for the particulars.

I don't follow this thread extremely regularly...but I do seem to fly DL extremely regularly these days. I will do my best to update the first post with changes, but if you notice a discussion come up in the thread, or a change in policy that should be added, please feel free to PM me.
I just flew DL on Tuesday, and AS MVP is Zone 1 (as is I believe Delta Silver and SkyTeam Elite), which is after the Sky boarding zone (Gold/Elite+ and above).
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Silver, Skymiles, SPG, Hyatt
Europe trip made nicer by Sky Priority

My husband and I are both MVPG. We went to Europe in October on DL and the Sky Priority match made a huge difference. We got exit row seating, and a special line for immigration at CDG that was much shorter than the regular line. We even were able to get in the lounge with our Board Room card. The only thing we didn't get was first class upgrades. The agents weren't aware of any agreement on that.
Sky Priority is a very valuable perk for MVPG's.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anchorite
My husband and I are both MVPG. We went to Europe in October on DL and the Sky Priority match made a huge difference. We got exit row seating, and a special line for immigration at CDG that was much shorter than the regular line. We even were able to get in the lounge with our Board Room card. The only thing we didn't get was first class upgrades. The agents weren't aware of any agreement on that.
Sky Priority is a very valuable perk for MVPG's.
There are no complementary upgrades on international flights (other than Canada, Central America, and the Caribbean). Not sure why you think Alaska Elites should get this benefit when even Delta Elites do not ???
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:02 pm

My GF and I flew SEA-JFK-NCE/NCE-AMS-SEA a couple of weeks back, and aside from the absolute shock (and this with apparently paying 50% for the Premium Economy seats) of price of what I paid to not be miserable on the int'l legs, which added a few hundred bucks to our trip, per pax, it's important to note that we were informed at NCE that it was 1 free bag per pax for Alaska 75K flyers, not 2 (as even noted above in the thread wiki. So unfortunately, after intentionally purchasing a third bag between us in order to bring home some vino from Italy, we paid an add'l 75 *Euro* to get it home. So having paid the extra for the PE seats on our flights plus having status (I'm 75K, my GF was MVP at the time and got Gold on the way) didn't matter.

One bag for free per person was what they stuck to, and said they had "no way to verify what we should get with me being an Alaska 75K" so the 2 free bags appears to be purely for domestic travel, not to Europe from the US.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by tombiro
My GF and I flew SEA-JFK-NCE/NCE-AMS-SEA a couple of weeks back, and aside from the absolute shock (and this with apparently paying 50% for the Premium Economy seats) of price of what I paid to not be miserable on the int'l legs, which added a few hundred bucks to our trip, per pax, it's important to note that we were informed at NCE that it was 1 free bag per pax for Alaska 75K flyers, not 2 (as even noted above in the thread wiki. So unfortunately, after intentionally purchasing a third bag between us in order to bring home some vino from Italy, we paid an add'l 75 *Euro* to get it home. So having paid the extra for the PE seats on our flights plus having status (I'm 75K, my GF was MVP at the time and got Gold on the way) didn't matter.

One bag for free per person was what they stuck to, and said they had "no way to verify what we should get with me being an Alaska 75K" so the 2 free bags appears to be purely for domestic travel, not to Europe from the US.
Had a similar problem in 2011 coming home from HEL- was able to check only one bag coming home ex-HEL as it was a KL operated flight. However upon reaching AMS I checked my carryon (as I acquired some duty free in HEL airside) but had to leave security to check. Agent had a bit of back & forth but finally understood I was entitled to a second checked bag for free as it was a DL operated flight. Even got a SP tag there (none in HEL). The two bags free only applies to DL operated flights.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by tombiro
Contact Delta, the baggage fees are posted on their website:
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...tml#guidelines

Per the guidelines, all international flights (excluding Carribean & Bermuda) allow for at least one 1 free bag for all pax in Economy (usually 50 lbs), regardless of status, and status, including MVP/MVP Gold/75k, provides at a minimum one additional bag when in economy.

In your case, you would probably fall under the standard 1 free bag (50 lbs) for a US-Europe flight, then under the elite section One additional free bag over standard allowance (also 50 lbs), which means you both should've been allowed 2 free bags at 50 lbs each (and that's the minimum elite allowance excluding Silver/MVP for domestic travel).

Being that it sounds like you were charged for a bag that should've been free, you should be able to get a refund from Delta (note: assuming this was fully Delta metal flights).
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by meballard
Contact Delta, the baggage fees are posted on their website:
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...tml#guidelines

Per the guidelines, all international flights (excluding Carribean & Bermuda) allow for at least one 1 free bag for all pax in Economy (usually 50 lbs), regardless of status, and status, including MVP/MVP Gold/75k, provides at a minimum one additional bag when in economy.

In your case, you would probably fall under the standard 1 free bag (50 lbs) for a US-Europe flight, then under the elite section One additional free bag over standard allowance (also 50 lbs), which means you both should've been allowed 2 free bags at 50 lbs each (and that's the minimum elite allowance excluding Silver/MVP for domestic travel).

Being that it sounds like you were charged for a bag that should've been free, you should be able to get a refund from Delta (note: assuming this was fully Delta metal flights).
Why would you think NCE-AMS is a DL flight? That's definitely going to be KL, hence the issue.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
Why would you think NCE-AMS is a DL flight? That's definitely going to be KL, hence the issue.
I don't know their International route network very well, and therefore assumed that it was a Delta flight (since the poster didn't indicate otherwise), and wrote the post before I thought about that.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:12 pm

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread

Got it. It was KL (and we asked both the DL and AF people, no KL were available with that info) ex-NCE, so that must be it. Haven't ever had that issue previously on code shares anywhere but I'm guessing it was that front leg that killed me. It was DL metal from AMS-SEA.

€75 for a NCE-AMS flight. That was worth it. Not really, won't make that mistake again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.