Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
2. The LED lighting in the footwell area makes it feel quite hot. Don't wear your winter wooly socks when flying the 777HD.
You can turn this off on the seat panel (and turn it back on with your elbow).
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Good to know, thanks. Most people had theirs on the whole flight.

Many people required the FA's assistance with respect to the tray table.

The massage function would turn on and off to the point where I'd equate it to the smartphone vibrate syndrome. You'd swear it was off, and then it is on.

I did not bump into it either, as I had my arms by my side and not on the rests.

Originally Posted by Dorian
You can turn this off on the seat panel (and turn it back on with your elbow).
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:10 am
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by farmerbrown
Not me. I hate the configuration and the seating.
Not surprising given your malcontent overall with AC.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb

The massage function would turn on and off to the point where I'd equate it to the smartphone vibrate syndrome. You'd swear it was off, and then it is on.

I did not bump into it either, as I had my arms by my side and not on the rests.
I experienced the same thing. Very annoying.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: AC2MM SE Fairmont Presidents club
Originally Posted by SEMM
Not surprising given your malcontent overall with AC.
Sounds

Last edited by farmerbrown; Apr 21, 2014 at 5:53 am
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Ya, the massage function has a mind of its own...or is maybe cross-wired to a different seat.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Has any SE been denied an upgrade from flex to J using eups with the 777HD on this hkg-yvr route?
Would greatly appreciate any feedback/experiences as will be taking this flight mid may. Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Another data point - me too.
Plus it also happened to me on an LX flight which I believe uses the same seats (although who knows what software versions each uses).

BTW I read recently that F seats can cost ~$500,000 each.
Anybody know how much these J seats cost AC?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
BTW I read recently that F seats can cost ~$500,000 each.
Anybody know how much these J seats cost AC?
IMO the $500k figure for an F seat is grossly exaggerated. IIRC the list price for a F seat is closer to $100k-$130k and the list price for a new J seat is somewhere in the $60-$80k range.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by supatight80
Has any SE been denied an upgrade from flex to J using eups with the 777HD on this hkg-yvr route?
Would greatly appreciate any feedback/experiences as will be taking this flight mid may. Thanks
I was denied YVR-LHR. There were at least 5 seats available but the concierge told me they have then all to premium economy upgrades. He told me that anyone in premium economy gets an upgrade regardless if status before any SEs in economy.

DO NOT fly this route unless you can confirm an R upgrade. The economy cabin is a torture chamber. Dangerously overcrowded and intensely unpleasant, by far the worst economy experience I have had in 20 years of frequent flying.

AWFUL and I am a consistent AC supporter.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by gesmith10
I was denied YVR-LHR. There were at least 5 seats available but the concierge told me they have then all to premium economy upgrades. He told me that anyone in premium economy gets an upgrade regardless if status before any SEs in economy.
First I've heard of this and am quite skeptical it is true.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by Dorian
First I've heard of this and am quite skeptical it is true.
The YVR concierge was at the gate and clearly stated it. There were 5 seats available and only 5 super elites but he said most did not get upgrade as any premium economy requesting an upgrade regardless of status was ahead in order. The implication here is that upgrades from economy will start to become increasingly impossible for all but the most wide open flights.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

DO NOT fly this route unless you can confirm an R upgrade. The economy cabin is a torture chamber. Dangerously overcrowded and intensely unpleasant, by far the worst economy experience I have had in 20 years of frequent flying.

or connect in YOW/YYZ/YYC/YEG (though the last 2 I think are very unlikely to see 77P service in particular.)
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:28 am

The YVR concierge was at the gate and clearly stated it. There were 5 seats available and only 5 super elites but he said most did not get upgrade as any premium economy requesting an upgrade regardless of status was ahead in order. The implication here is that upgrades from economy will start to become increasingly impossible for all but the most wide open flights.
It makes perfect sense to upgrade those in PE first, before those in Y but in accordance with status tier within each group.

First time in a long time that AC is actually implementing a process that makes perfect sense.

Those who buy premium fares, i.e., Latitude, PE and J are the most desirable AC supporters, not those who buy the cheapest upgradeable fares to eUpgrade without co-pay.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver

+1 on being an AC supporter and terror of 777HD Y.

I had no idea about PY taking prioirty over SE. Going to have to buy some more PY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.