Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:09 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by bimmerdriver
We know what our customers want. We just don't care. I defy anyone to claim the Air Canada position to be otherwise.
That sounds like a challenge.

I think their position to be more along "We know what our customers want. But what they want won't affect our revenue stream."
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Quote:

We know what our customers want. We just don't care. I defy anyone to claim the Air Canada position to be otherwise.

I think their position to be more along "We know what our customers want. But what they want won't affect our revenue stream."
..."won't positively affect our revenue stream."
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by winnipegrev

It is pretty clear that AC's existing product costs too much in relation to revenue they can get for the product to be consistently profitable.

Poll the general public and I'm quite sure 90% would take Sunwing over AC if Sunwing's vacation package was about $10 cheaper, despite the 189 seat 738 vs a 142 seat A320. Or go Air China YVR-PEK-HKG instead of the nonstop YVR-HKG on AC if it is $100 less pp.

AC just knows what the majority of customers want (almost anything to save a buck) better than what the customers think they want (1" more legroom)

The trick for the airline is to separate the 90% of travellers selecting mainly on price vs. the 10% of FF's and more astute passengers who care more about comfort and frills. I think the AA "main cabin extra" few rows of 3-3-3 on 777s free for FFs and everyone else in 3-4-3 makes a lot of sense.
With the 77P, inability to UG, and 50% mileage, of course I would rather go via PEK if flying *A...
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by SEMM
The reading light F.Y.I. is in the handheld handset in your seat for next time...you don't have to access it only by the IFE.
Where is the handheld handset? The only other control I found is the one on the armrest. That light switch turns on the "coffin" light.

My next B77P YVR-YYZ next month in Y.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
They haven't had Dim-sum on AC#007/008 for over 14 months now. Now it's a noodle soup (upgraded version with dumplings and celery shoots) and chicken fajita sandwich wrap and on the return same but warm Chicken Ciabbata sandwich (quite tasty).
No, I did have it. unless I don't know what Dim Sum is. Ordered it as snack along with the soup, Feb. 19, 2014. Had it as well Jan.7.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Spot planes
Where is the handheld handset? The only other control I found is the one on the armrest. That light switch turns on the "coffin" light.

My next B77P YVR-YYZ next month in Y.
In J/C - the PCU (Passenger Control Unit) is located under the brown leather armrest cover either on the left or right side (depending on seat). Alternatively, there is an icon on the PTV screen (right side) which controls the overhead reading light.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by KenHamer

Call it what you want, but effectively what you're saying and what I'm saying is the same for the passengers.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
We know what our customers want. We just don't care.
What the majority of customers want are fares that are as low as possible. Customers want to save a buck, at the expense of all else - And AC knows it.

They only place they fail to show this realization is Aeroplan redemption.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lllahim
No, I did have it. unless I don't know what Dim Sum is. Ordered it as snack along with the soup, Feb. 19, 2014. Had it as well Jan.7.
Are you sure you weren't on YYZ-HKG ?

There is no DIM SUM on YVR-HKG on the 777HD.

That being said, when ordering the soup it is served with 2 wontons IN the soup along with some gai lan.

The former offering of DIM SUM was served in a bamboo steamer and consisted of 3 different dumplings.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by naplesyrupeater

That being said, when ordering the soup it is served with 2 wontons IN the soup along with some gai lan.

The former offering of DIM SUM was served in a bamboo steamer and consisted of 3 different dumplings.
This is my experience on all my YVRHKG flights this year. Assume it is a space issue.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by naplesyrupeater

You may well be right. 7th Jan was a 77POD, 26th was YYZ, 19 and 23 Feb were 77HD where maybe I dreamt Dim Sum than have it. I am back on that route April to check it out!!!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Maybe you were having a "Senior Moment"?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:14 pm

Maybe you were having a "Senior Moment"?
Join in.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Join in.
maybe in 25 years from now...
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:06 pm

maybe in 25 years from now...
Love your assumption. However, since you are FF, we can arrange to fast track you.

Last edited by Lllahim; Mar 31, 2014 at 4:27 pm Reason: edited for relevance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.