Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
...Dessert - some kind of orange cake ...
Ravani
Old May 25, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had this on A3 878 ATHBUD on 7 May.

Chicken was dry but the dessert was great.

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
Here are some pics from my recent flight to Vienna from Athens - was the only passenger in biz, very nice ride and love the cappuccino!

Attachment 8776

Greek Salad - fresh and delicious

Attachment 8777

Chicken

Attachment 8778

Dessert - some kind of orange cake and one piece of baklava
Old May 25, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Originally Posted by KLouis
Ravani
Thanks I knew it had to be some kind of Greek dessert
Old May 27, 2016, 9:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Hi guys

Living this thread, keep it coming

Quick question, I'm on the 22:15 lhr-ath in a few weeks in Y. I saw it mentioned that the halal/muslim special meal is actually a lot better than the regular meal, some kind of kebab? Can anyone give any comparison of what the two meals (and sides) are likely to be? If it is better I'll probably choose it.

I know it's Y and all, but somehow I still get irrationally excited about my feed on a plane, and actually rather enjoy it, cheers!

Last edited by nallison; May 27, 2016 at 4:23 pm
Old May 27, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
called mosleml by aegean: Last time I had it it was a somekind of kebab with rice and a tiny bit of tomato sauce. Much nicer and more substantive than the 2 meat balls they offer as a standar meal.

That was last year though
Old May 28, 2016, 4:27 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Yesterday I was on the inaugural flight AMS-ATH in C class. I thought that, since I fly the route so often, I should represent and be on the first flight ^

The catering started (well...) at the gate as there was celebration with Aegean and Schiphol officials. However after mingling a bit I realized only the officials that were invited were actually being catered with champagne and sweets - the other 180 pax waiting to board were being downright ignored or told off by the catering crew. A bit of a "No soup for you!!" kind of situation. Anyway..

(Picture shamelessly stolen from here)

The ladies in the picture were the actual cabin crew on this flight; and the Aegean exec who flew back with us was Tassos Raftopoulos - Alliance and Network Director. Too bad I didnt now his title beforehand - that could have been an interesting discussion about M+B

Anyway, the food. Besides the normal menu (Moussaka or Chicken & Broccoli) I was given a third option (a 'special' of the month) which was based on the cuisine of the island of Lesvos: Seafood with orzo - paired with a matching wine. Obviously I went for that option.

Appetizer salad:

Great selection of different Greek & eastern flavours.

Orzo with seafood:

Normally I am not much of a seafood fan. But this was absolutely spectacular. Very tasty, and, surprisingly the seafood was actually cooked properly. No tough or rubbery items. Especially the octopus was outstanding - soft, buttery with a hint of grill/BBQ smoke.

Sweets:

Tasty

Also, there is a new wine list if anybody is interested:

Last edited by Xandrios; May 28, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Old May 30, 2016, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Yesterday I was on the inaugural flight AMS-ATH in C class. I thought that, since I fly the route so often, I should represent and be on the first flight ^

The catering started (well...) at the gate as there was celebration with Aegean and Schiphol officials. However after mingling a bit I realized only the officials that were invited were actually being catered with champagne and sweets - the other 180 pax waiting to board were being downright ignored or told off by the catering crew. A bit of a "No soup for you!!" kind of situation. Anyway..

(Picture shamelessly stolen from here)

The ladies in the picture were the actual cabin crew on this flight; and the Aegean exec who flew back with us was Tassos Raftopoulos - Alliance and Network Director. Too bad I didnt now his title beforehand - that could have been an interesting discussion about M+B

Anyway, the food. Besides the normal menu (Moussaka or Chicken & Broccoli) I was given a third option (a 'special' of the month) which was based on the cuisine of the island of Lesvos: Seafood with orzo - paired with a matching wine. Obviously I went for that option.

Appetizer salad:

Great selection of different Greek & eastern flavours.

Orzo with seafood:

Normally I am not much of a seafood fan. But this was absolutely spectacular. Very tasty, and, surprisingly the seafood was actually cooked properly. No tough or rubbery items. Especially the octopus was outstanding - soft, buttery with a hint of grill/BBQ smoke.

Sweets:

Tasty

Also, there is a new wine list if anybody is interested:

They should have done something for all passengers at the gate that is quite a snub to ignore the inaugural passengers. Even if they had handed out sweets and drinks.
Old May 30, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I love these kind of events, which are really just an excuse for the managers to have a good booze up!

What a pity they forgot to invite the customers (who ultimately pay their wages) to the party!
Old May 31, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
had my VIE-ATH-BUD run yesterday (yay, A3 silver ) , being in eco, i did not expect much, but to my surprise, warm food was served on both flights

EDIT: Resized pictures
Attached Images    

Last edited by matio_svk; May 31, 2016 at 5:38 am
Old May 31, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by matio_svk
had my VIE-ATH-BUD run yesterday (yay, A3 silver ) , being in eco, i did not expect much, but to my surprise, warm food was served on both flights
This isn't Czech Airlines you know!

The first meal looks very nice.

VIE-ATH-BUD, what a pleasant way to spend a day. Congrats on the new status!
Old May 31, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest
This isn't Czech Airlines you know!

The first meal looks very nice.

VIE-ATH-BUD, what a pleasant way to spend a day. Congrats on the new status!
Or Air Canada, UA or AA
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Time for yearly pics after enjoying weekend in SKG and finally uploading the photos!

20 May A3 817: HEL-ATH afternoon departure

Pre-departure drink offered, full 3-course service done. Appetizer was the best I have ever encountered on airplane, kudos to A3! And the plane used was brand new, from Nov 2015, still got some new plane smell on it.

23 May A3 816: ATH-HEL morning departure

Pre-departure drink offered, breakfast menu on single tray

...and what I really like is the choice between 2 meals (or actually 3 with HEL-ATH due to some special theme month of A3 with fish from some destionation) For example with AY it's a hit or miss since I'm quite picky what I eat..
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Furry
Time for yearly pics after enjoying weekend in SKG and finally uploading the photos!

20 May A3 817: HEL-ATH afternoon departure

Pre-departure drink offered, full 3-course service done. Appetizer was the best I have ever encountered on airplane, kudos to A3! And the plane used was brand new, from Nov 2015, still got some new plane smell on it.

23 May A3 816: ATH-HEL morning departure

Pre-departure drink offered, breakfast menu on single tray

...and what I really like is the choice between 2 meals (or actually 3 with HEL-ATH due to some special theme month of A3 with fish from some destionation) For example with AY it's a hit or miss since I'm quite picky what I eat..
Thanks for the pics. Nice meals apart from the breakfast but then again I am not a fan of breakfast on A3.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
called mosleml by aegean: Last time I had it it was a somekind of kebab with rice and a tiny bit of tomato sauce. Much nicer and more substantive than the 2 meat balls they offer as a standar meal.

That was last year though
Thanks for the tip, hmm meatballs or kebab, meatballs or kebab, life is full of tough decisions
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:55 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I started my trip around midnight to make the ATH-AMS flight at 8:40AM today. Around 5:30 I arrived (hungry as a wolf) in the LH lounge which had a surprising good breakfast spread. Yoghurts with a 10-piece toppings buffet, cheese pies, croissants, various puddings (eg chocolate / rice / creme brulee) and sliced cheese/meats. They also had a larger selection of juices - from personal-sized fresh juice with ginger and other healthy ingredients to the more traditional fresh orange and apple juice. Anyway, since I got the impression from this thread that the Aegean breakfast would not be great I made sure to have a good breakfast at the lounge

On the flight there were 2 choices; Omelette with veal sausage, mushroom and tomato - or scrambled eggs with feta, chicken sausage and new potatoes.

Its not that it was bad, but pales in comparison to the 3-course afternoon/evening menu. The eggs were soft but a little water-y. The fruits were fresh - however all but the orange were sour tasting and most people hardly touched them.

On a side note; the new ATH-AMS route seems to do very well - the flight was packed in economy and 11/12 seats were taken in business. I'm thinking that for me it was the first and last time that I took this specific flight though - the night travelling is killing. Next time I'll make sure to either fly back to AMS on Tuesdays, or return to DUS. Both see an ~13:30 departure from Athens instead.

Last edited by Xandrios; Jun 5, 2016 at 9:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.