Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Wyndham Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I received a letter today from Barclay stating I did not receive the correct amount of points. No other details were given.

It says the corrected points will show up in 1-2 billing cycles,.
LOL....I got the same letter. Hopefully my cell phone charges now post as 5X
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
LOL....I got the same letter. Hopefully my cell phone charges now post as 5X
I received a 1722 point adjustment on my statement and my utility bills are now all paying 5X.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I received a 1722 point adjustment on my statement and my utility bills are now all paying 5X.
Thanks for making me remember to check my account. I also received a point adjustment and my cell phone charges (Sprint and Verizon) are all coding as 5X. Very happy with this card.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Interested in business card. How easy/hard and quick is it to get approved if I'm a landlord? I clicked the application and it only asks for type of business and revenues, and that's it.

This card would be a good backup when Gas is not the rotating category from Chase as well as utility bills.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
Interested in business card. How easy/hard and quick is it to get approved if I'm a landlord? I clicked the application and it only asks for type of business and revenues, and that's it.

This card would be a good backup when Gas is not the rotating category from Chase as well as utility bills.
Barclays can be a little more inquiry sensitive, compared to other issuers, but people have been approved with just a SOLE PROP, so I would give it a shot.

I have an LLC, but I applied as a SOLE PROP in error and was still approved.

It's possible your app my go to PENDING status.....If it does, I would just wait 5-10 days and see what happens. I was ultimately approved. Good Luck.
vincewy likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 12:07 am

Barclays can be a little more inquiry sensitive, compared to other issuers, but people have been approved with just a SOLE PROP, so I would give it a shot.

I have an LLC, but I applied as a SOLE PROP in error and was still approved.

It's possible your app my go to PENDING status.....If it does, I would just wait 5-10 days and see what happens. I was ultimately approved. Good Luck.
If approved, this would be my first business card, while I understand the charges need to be business related, how does your Wyndham account work? Would you be required to have a separate Wyndham Rewards number for the points received?
Old Apr 20, 2021, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
If approved, this would be my first business card, while I understand the charges need to be business related, how does your Wyndham account work? Would you be required to have a separate Wyndham Rewards number for the points received?
If you already have a Wyndham Rewards account, feel free to use that same account number on the application. When I signed up, they accidentally created a new account for me. However, the were able to transfer all my points from the old account to the new account. Regardless, there is no need to have 2 Wyndham Rewards accounts.

Good Luck. It's one of my favorite cards and, because it is a business card, it won't count for your Chase 5/24 status.
vincewy likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 9:57 pm

If you already have a Wyndham Rewards account, feel free to use that same account number on the application. When I signed up, they accidentally created a new account for me. However, the were able to transfer all my points from the old account to the new account. Regardless, there is no need to have 2 Wyndham Rewards accounts.

Good Luck. It's one of my favorite cards and, because it is a business card, it won't count for your Chase 5/24 status.
It turns out rewards/rebates earned from business-related expenses (using business cards obviously) aren't taxable so I can put points into my current Wyndham Rewards and use them for personal trips. It will be at least couple months before I'll try as I just got approved for BW MasterCard International from FNBO, which requires high credit score, low balances overall and few (<=3) inquiries within last 24 months, and it was my top priority card to get. This along with Wyndham Rewards Earner Business are the last 2 hotel credit cards I need for years to come (I have 8 now with free points and nights by just paying annual fees).

Besides not counting toward Chase 5/24 (irrelevant now since I have IHGX2, Hyatt, CSP+Freedom and probably won't even look at any airlines co-branded cards), you only need to spend 1K to get the bonus, along with recurring benefits that pay for annual fees themselves, unlike Ink Business Preferred and Business Gold/Platinum from Chase/AmEx which will require spending at least 10K in 3 months. It's a good starter business card in a sense.
Old May 24, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
I am so envious of you folks who have functioning Wyndham Earner Business cards. I still cannot get them to activate the account they suspended for "forgetting" to check for proof of the existence of the entity. At their request, I mailed them a tax return in December, 2020. They claimed they never received it and asked me to fax it, which I did in January, 2021. They claimed they never received that, so I mailed it a third time, certified mail, in April, 2021. Today they told me they never received it, despite my having received the certified mail return receipt. I have made approximately 50 calls thus far, all fruitless. They won't accept e-mails, only snail mail and fax. There is no way for them to confirm receipt of anything quickly. They claim everything sent to them is placed in a queue and isn't looked at for weeks.

Barclays is the one of the most incompetent operations I have ever dealt with. Wyndham needs to choose a different bank partner.

I am curious, how have the rest of you proved the existence of your LLCs? I can't be the only one in eternal limbo.
Old May 24, 2021, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlexB
I am so envious of you folks who have functioning Wyndham Earner Business cards. I still cannot get them to activate the account they suspended for "forgetting" to check for proof of the existence of the entity. At their request, I mailed them a tax return in December, 2020. They claimed they never received it and asked me to fax it, which I did in January, 2021. They claimed they never received that, so I mailed it a third time, certified mail, in April, 2021. Today they told me they never received it, despite my having received the certified mail return receipt. I have made approximately 50 calls thus far, all fruitless. They won't accept e-mails, only snail mail and fax. There is no way for them to confirm receipt of anything quickly. They claim everything sent to them is placed in a queue and isn't looked at for weeks.

Barclays is the one of the most incompetent operations I have ever dealt with. Wyndham needs to choose a different bank partner.

I am curious, how have the rest of you proved the existence of your LLCs? I can't be the only one in eternal limbo.

I apply for all of our Business cards as a sole proprietor and have never been asked for any business documents.
AlexB likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by AlexB

I've got the Earner+, and almost approved for the Busines version, other than needing paperwork to prove we have an S Corp now. Hopefully we'll have better luck than you. I might actually keep both cards if the Schwab Platinum loses its 1.25 cpp redemption.
AlexB likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just another data point:

I hold the earner + (converted from the prior personal card), and applied on May 20 for the Business Earner + card. Got a "we need time, we'll let you know within ten business days" message.

Well, absolutely no contact since then from Barclays, despite it having been far more than ten business days and counting.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have been receiving more apps than forecast for this card, given the exceptional value proposition and the wide blog coverage of the Vacasa partnership. Even so, it would be nice to see them tighten up their operations and give applicants timely answers.
AlexB likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by DaveH
Just another data point:

I hold the earner + (converted from the prior personal card), and applied on May 20 for the Business Earner + card. Got a "we need time, we'll let you know within ten business days" message.

Well, absolutely no contact since then from Barclays, despite it having been far more than ten business days and counting.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have been receiving more apps than forecast for this card, given the exceptional value proposition and the wide blog coverage of the Vacasa partnership. Even so, it would be nice to see them tighten up their operations and give applicants timely answers.
I had the same conversion to Earner+. I didn't know about this Vacasa partnership! It will help justify using both cards, if we ditch the Amex Personal Gold.

I submitted the business application on May 21st, and heard from them on June 10th, requesting paperwork.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MojoGuru
I had the same conversion to Earner+. I didn't know about this Vacasa partnership! It will help justify using both cards, if we ditch the Amex Personal Gold.

I submitted the business application on May 21st, and heard from them on June 10th, requesting paperwork.
Thanks MojoGuru. How did you hear from them, snail mail? I'm guessing that if that's accurate, my letter from them requesting same should arrive any day now.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 1:40 pm

Another DP.

Applied for Earner Business June 1st as Sole Proprietor (as a landlord), was told it will be under review.

Received approval notice June 14th. Not sure if there will be other hiccups like AlexB along the way, looking forward to getting the card in the mail.

In addition, any recent DP of people being able to get both Earner Business and Earner+? Earner+ will be a breakeven scenario for me going forward, but Earner Business is no brainer, I'm glad to pay $95 for 15K points unless/until Wyndham decides to devalue most properties with 30K points.

update:

Just 2 days later when I log into my Wyndham the status is showing as "Diamond" and my award staying is showing 10% off points, I presume I get those points back after the stay.
AlexB likes this.

Last edited by vincewy; Jun 16, 2021 at 7:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.