FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   New Wyndham Credit Cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/2025945-new-wyndham-credit-cards.html)

flyer4512 Sep 28, 2020 11:54 pm

New Wyndham Credit Cards

Business earner card looks good.........https://www.wyndhamrewardscreditcard...ep20DaysSlider

TTT103 Sep 29, 2020 1:45 pm

Be very careful with Barclay's. They do not like high volumes regardless of creditworthiness.

nottooshabby Sep 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Does anyone know if you are still eligible for the $1000 spend bonus points if you are a current cardholder? The Earner Plus card looks pretty attractive -- extra points for gas/grocery and stays, in addition to the 7500 anniversary bonus (better than the 6000 I am currently getting). If this is the case, I may just get the new card and cancel my current one at the end of this cycle.

sdsearch Sep 29, 2020 9:58 pm

And you might not want to sign up if you're not absolutely sure you're going to be able to make good use of those points in the next 4 years, especially if you already have a bunch of Wyndham Rewards points:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wynd...xpiration.html

TTT103 Sep 30, 2020 5:49 am

To add to what sdsearch wrote, also keep in mind that this is Wyndham--not the most ethical company in the world. While all loyalty programs make changes from time-to-time, Wyndham doubled its points requirements at their more expensive hotels with very little notice, and would not release any details as to the properties that were moving to the top tier in advance of the change.

nottooshabby Sep 30, 2020 6:32 am

Good points from the both of you. Thanks for the quick replies!

craz Sep 30, 2020 7:27 am

Originally Posted by TTT103 (Post 32711207)
To add to what sdsearch wrote, also keep in mind that this is Wyndham--not the most ethical company in the world. While all loyalty programs make changes from time-to-time, Wyndham doubled its points requirements at their more expensive hotels with very little notice, and would not release any details as to the properties that were moving to the top tier in advance of the change.

Sorry although it hurt me, I dont see it being Unethical not to make public a list of hotels that will be going up. Just because other programs do that doesnt mean all must follow suit. Just because AA does something doesnt mean the others must follow as well.

Now if a person doesnt like how a program is governed then dont stay with them any longer, if enough folks move on (most likely wont happen) then a program may change. But here on FT we blast the programs when they change for what we feel is a negative and yet those companys pre C-19 were making record profits, I guess most folks simply dont think as we do and therefore the programs need not fix anything to our dismay

TTT103 Sep 30, 2020 10:52 am

Originally Posted by craz (Post 32711388)
Now if a person doesnt like how a program is governed then dont stay with them any longer...

Yes, that's why I moved on. Similarly, that's why many Wyndham franchisees moved on and rebranded since HFS, Cendant, Wyndham bought the chains. You have half as many HoJo's and Ramada's now than when Henry Silverman bought the brands.

flyer4512 Sep 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103 (Post 32709468)
Be very careful with Barclay's. They do not like high volumes regardless of creditworthiness.

All they can do is say no. I believe Barclay is using a not so firm 6/24 rule ( speculation that it was mainly for the Arrival card as people who were lol/24 were reporting approval for Jet Blue cards) so I'll make this card application # 6. My wife and I switch off getting cards every 2 year so right now I'm 3/24 but in a holding phase as it seems Chase is lightening up on business apps again. We also have a player 3 who does not travel who fills the gaps when we are ready for another spend/SUB. P3 just got the 80K CSR

We only use 30K Wyndham per year (transferred to CET) so we are good on points for a while and I also expect much better offers on these cards in the future as there were several 45K point offers when all rooms were 15k.

If I were to apply for the personal right now I would get the NAF 30K card as the net benefit to us vs the 45k personal is $55 after you calculate the AF

TTT103 Oct 1, 2020 10:59 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 32712757)
All they can do is say no. I believe Barclay is using a not so firm 6/24 rule ( speculation that it was mainly for the Arrival card as people who were lol/24 were reporting approval for Jet Blue cards) so I'll make this card application # 6. My wife and I switch off getting cards every 2 year so right now I'm 3/24 but in a holding phase as it seems Chase is lightening up on business apps again. We also have a player 3 who does not travel who fills the gaps when we are ready for another spend/SUB. P3 just got the 80K CSR

We only use 30K Wyndham per year (transferred to CET) so we are good on points for a while and I also expect much better offers on these cards in the future as there were several 45K point offers when all rooms were 15k.

If I were to apply for the personal right now I would get the NAF 30K card as the net benefit to us vs the 45k personal is $55 after you calculate the AF

I had all of my Barclay's cards closed a few years ago, and I've been banned since. This was due to excessive spending on the cards (all organic). I appealed to their office of the president, as well as to the CFPB, without any success. It's not the end of the end of the world, but I did like the chip and pin feature on my Aviator Card, which was extremely helpful at unmanned gas stations and train stations in Europe.

flyer4512 Oct 1, 2020 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103 (Post 32714379)
I had all of my Barclay's cards closed a few years ago, and I've been banned since. This was due to excessive spending on the cards (all organic). I appealed to their office of the president, as well as to the CFPB, without any success. It's not the end of the end of the world, but I did like the chip and pin feature on my Aviator Card, which was extremely helpful at unmanned gas stations and train stations in Europe.

Seems like Barclay/Wyndham and you are not a good match. lol

My wife only has one Barclay card open, the old Wyndham card that gives 15K points a year for renewing..........player 3 and myself have zero Barclay cards open, we haven't had a Barclay card in years

My wife is LOL/24 (heading towards 0/24 by 1/1/2022) so I decided to give it a shot and apply her for the 30K NAF , I'm not expecting approval but since apply won't effect anything I figured why not......... app is still pending

Boontang Oct 2, 2020 12:41 pm

Was just approved for the Wyndham Rewards Visa with $75 annual fee and 30K bonus about 2 weeks ago and already started the spend. Wondering if they'll automatically transfer members into the earner+ which also has the $75 annual fee, and how difficult it would be, in order to get the 45K bonus rather than 30k.

flyer4512 Oct 2, 2020 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103 (Post 32714379)

This is by far the lowest credit limit we have ever had but it works for the 30K. I'll make some payments before the due date to not get the credit utilization high

Check Application Status

Congratulations! On 10/02/2020 you were approved for the

Wyndham RewardsŪ Earner℠ Card with a Credit Line of $1,000.00

You'll receive your card, pin and card member agreement within the next 10 days.

flyer4512 Oct 2, 2020 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Boontang (Post 32717605)
Was just approved for the Wyndham Rewards Visa with $75 annual fee and 30K bonus about 2 weeks ago and already started the spend. Wondering if they'll automatically transfer members into the earner+ which also has the $75 annual fee, and how difficult it would be, in order to get the 45K bonus rather than 30k.

It's a different product, you should be able to apply for the 30K personal and the 45K personal and get both bonuses...........Apply for a new card, don't ask for a PC

AlexB Dec 17, 2020 10:10 am

Earner Business card troubles

Have had a comedy of errors with Barclay on the Earner Business card:

1. They created a new Wyndham Rewards account instead of using my existing account.

2. They only awarded 1x points for utility charges, not 5x as advertised. After numerous calls over the course of a month, the back points have still not been awarded.

3. I returned two calls over the past few days - 30 minutes hold time each - only to hear that my card has been suspended after two months of usage because they initially forgot to verify the existence of my LLC, and the only way to unlock the card is to fax (!) or mail a tax return to them. When I asked for the mailing address, it took the agent several minutes just to look up the address.

Amazingly unprofessional, to say the least.