Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Wyndham Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by satellite779
Anyone having issues with getting the 10% off points/discounted cash rate for card holders in app (Android)? I don't see them in app but I do on the website (both desktop and mobile)
The discounted rates are not displayed. Once you redeem you'll see 10% less points deducted.
sdsearch and flyer4512 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Today the last of the Wyndham points my wife and I were owned finally posted...all SUB FINALLY collected.

I'm not sure if I received every point I was owed on spend but I don't care, the value for us was in the SUB........going forward I will use these cards for 8x gas only.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:18 pm

Does anyone know how long does it take for Wyndham points to actually post in the Wyndham account? I received my 60K points (after spending $1K) on the first statement of the Business account over 2 weeks ago and even though it shows on the barclays credit card website that I have them, it's still not updated on my Wyndham account! Is this normal or what's going on?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Does anyone know how long does it take for Wyndham points to actually post in the Wyndham account? I received my 60K points (after spending $1K) on the first statement of the Business account over 2 weeks ago and even though it shows on the barclays credit card website that I have them, it's still not updated on my Wyndham account! Is this normal or what's going on?
Points take from 3 days to 3 months to post...............read this entire thread as well as the thread below

Earner Business Card Points Posting To Wyndham
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
after the stmt closing date
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:47 am

Just wondering if others are having problems with Barclays posting invalid late fees and interest recently? I and my P2 both have the Wyndham Bus card, and ...
  • P1 mailed a payment far in advance of due date, but payment posted after due date and Barclays claimed late fee and interest (paper check from online bill pay app at a different bank...apparently Barclays doesn't accept ACH payments)
  • P2 had payment posted on Barclays website BEFORE the due date, but Barclays claimed late fee and interest anyway
Both occurred over the Christmas holiday period or just after...I suspect Barclays payment processing was just slow due to holidays and short staff, and thought the solution is to get a few extra bucks with late fees.
Have others experienced this type of issue with Barclays?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP/Current Titanium
Originally Posted by LTCTT
Have others experienced this type of issue with Barclays?
Yes. It happened a couple of months ago when they had changes to their website. I called and they removed them because there were known issues regarding fees/interest. Their website still does not seem to operate properly since this most recent "upgrade."
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:01 pm

We have the Earner+ and Business Wyndham. The chip for my Earner+ doesn't work on my card, which is ok because it is a backup for dining, and my wife carries hers.

My wife's Business Wyndham on the other hand, doesn't work at all. When we call in to make sure it is activated, we're asked if we're the administrator or employee, either of which leads to a rejection, "have the business owner call in." This contradicts the sticker instructions placed on the credit card! If I call in from my phone, Barclays says that they don't recognize the credit card number. Customer service suggested reactivating the primary card, reseting the pin, both attempts have failed.

For now, I hold the Business version, and my Wife holds the Personal.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:33 am

Has anyone used the business card for cell service directly as telecommunications, rather than through a bundler like Spectrum? I can't tell if the early negative data points were because Barclay's had everything screwed up, or if cell service legitimately doesn't qualify.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by synergistic
Has anyone used the business card for cell service directly as telecommunications, rather than through a bundler like Spectrum? I can't tell if the early negative data points were because Barclay's had everything screwed up, or if cell service legitimately doesn't qualify.
I'm not sure what exactly you are asking but I have my cell, internet and TV through Spectrum but my cell service is a separate bill. I pay my cell bill on the Wyndham bus card every month for the points and cell phone insurance

I get 5X points on both bills but don't always use the Wyndham card to pay for internet and TV.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had repeated odd problems with my Barclays credit cards over the years, but I needed some Wyndham points so I've gotten their Wyndham business card. I like the fact that they give you 15,000 points every year for your $95, so it's worth keeping the card just to get a few points (I like having some points in EVERY hotel program, because I travel a lot and I never know which hotel chain I'll need for a particular stay). But the specific benefit of the business card that I liked was 8x points for "gas." The terms say "Qualifying gas purchases are defined as automated fuel dispensers and service stations, as identified by the merchant category codes." If I need more points ASAP, does this mean I can go into a 7-11 and buy gift cards to generate 8x points?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
I've had repeated odd problems with my Barclays credit cards over the years, but I needed some Wyndham points so I've gotten their Wyndham business card. I like the fact that they give you 15,000 points every year for your $95, so it's worth keeping the card just to get a few points (I like having some points in EVERY hotel program, because I travel a lot and I never know which hotel chain I'll need for a particular stay). But the specific benefit of the business card that I liked was 8x points for "gas." The terms say "Qualifying gas purchases are defined as automated fuel dispensers and service stations, as identified by the merchant category codes." If I need more points ASAP, does this mean I can go into a 7-11 and buy gift cards to generate 8x points?
I would do a small purchase and see. I don't own a car, but live next to a convenience store that has cheap prices on eggs, milk, other food staples, so I do a lot of shopping there. All my purchases, including gift cards have earned 8X

Good Luck.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I would do a small purchase and see. I don't own a car, but live next to a convenience store that has cheap prices on eggs, milk, other food staples, so I do a lot of shopping there. All my purchases, including gift cards have earned 8X

Good Luck.
Thanks. Not surprised. I would interpret that language to include all purchases made at service stations -- not just gas pump purchases -- but you never know until you try!
Old May 25, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Just got this offer in my email from Wyndham: https://ticketsage.info/wynd-pizza. No out of pocket cost.

Signed up with my Business card.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by gudugan
Just got this offer in my email from Wyndham: https://ticketsage.info/wynd-pizza. No out of pocket cost.

Signed up with my Business card.
ROTFL.....

I got the same email, thought about it for a minute, and decided....Why Not....

The total out of pocket is truly $0.00 and it confirmed my information would not be sold. Of course, I am not sure if I believe them entirely.
I actually share the same first and last name with my nephew, and he really likes to cook, so if I don't feel like tuning in for the Zoom call, I may send him the package.

In addition to the industry leading gas multipliers and Caesars status match, you can add free PIZZA!!!

gudugan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.