Wiki Posts
Search

New Wyndham Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by laopai
Hi everyone!

Just got my new Wyndham Earner Business Credit Card. I applied using my LLC with EIN. Of course I had to give my personal info to apply. However, the credit card only shows my name on it but no business name. It's not that I mind but it's different from my past experience with other business credit cards.

Please share your experience.

Thanks!
Read all the recent posts............watch your annual fee, look for finance charges that shouldn't be there, make sure your Wyndham # matches Barclay on your new card, make sure the CORRECT amount of points post EVERY month, points earned often don't match points sent to Wyndham, both are listed on your statement......make sure you are earning the correct amount of points on purchases.............The SUB, Diamond Status and 8X gas are great but the card can be a PIA as Barclay makes a lot of mistakes and oddly enough they all seem to favor them.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Any other DP on 5x on internet service? (I see Spectrum did not work)
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
Originally Posted by MojoGuru
We were loyal to La Quinta and Starwood, with co-branded credit cards from each. After the acquisitions, my problems with Wyndham have been minimal, while my issues with Marriott were mind-blowing, not to mention the unrelenting devaluations. Hilton is now a better choice for us. I'm curious where you are headed.

Barclays, they're coming across amateur for a large established bank, a bit disorganized. Still, If you decide to keep the card, you can product change it to an Earner+.
On the question of where we are headed.... our decision in cards is driven more by hotels that are convenient to our usual "repeat" vacation spots, and less by card annual fees, etc. At this point, Holiday Inn Express (IHG Mastercard) and Hyatt Visa, both administered through Chase Bank, are our current choices. Once we finish off the remaining Wyndham points, the Barclay card goes in the shredder. Barclay had us as a customer only by default when Wyndham got the LaQuinta brand, but at this point we are done with both Wyndham and Barclay. For us, there are far better choices and far less hassle. It is a shame how Wyndham has mishandled a fairly successful regional hotel chain like LaQuinta.
synergistic likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by italdesign
Any other DP on 5x on internet service? (I see Spectrum did not work)
5X works with Spectrum. I get 5 X on my home internet/phone/cable bill and also get 5X on my Spectrum cell bill
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by screeton
On the question of where we are headed.... our decision in cards is driven more by hotels that are convenient to our usual "repeat" vacation spots, and less by card annual fees, etc. At this point, Holiday Inn Express (IHG Mastercard) and Hyatt Visa, both administered through Chase Bank, are our current choices. Once we finish off the remaining Wyndham points, the Barclay card goes in the shredder. Barclay had us as a customer only by default when Wyndham got the LaQuinta brand, but at this point we are done with both Wyndham and Barclay. For us, there are far better choices and far less hassle. It is a shame how Wyndham has mishandled a fairly successful regional hotel chain like LaQuinta.
IHG was great especially with the free room every year for holding either the $49 annual fee card and/or the $85 card.............we have 3 of the $49 cards and 3 of the $85 cards (my dad has the cards but doesn't travel so we use his points/nights).

Now that IHG has gone to dynamic pricing it's harder to find rooms under 40K points which is the cutoff for the free night cert.

The premium IHG card has 4th night free when paying on points but points per night have increased a lot at least in the areas we vacation.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Paying for Costco gas with Wyndham card?

Originally Posted by AlexB
Yes, the signup bonus posted. And yes, Costco Gas did get the 8x points.
Just curious: how did you pay for Costco gas with a CC? I thought the only CC they accept at the pump is their own branded card.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by noneemac
Just curious: how did you pay for Costco gas with a CC? I thought the only CC they accept at the pump is their own branded card.
I am 99% sure that Costco accepts any Visa, since people with the old Chase Freedom were specifically avoiding upgrading their card to the Freedom Flex, a Mastercard, since it would keep them from using at Costco.
flyer4512 and noneemac like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
They accept any visa for *credit* transactions.

They have an exclusive deal with Visa for this, but they also have an exclusive deal well as with Citi for their own co-branded card. Reportedly, Citi offered them *zero* merchant interchange fees for the priviledge.

Visa or MC works for *debit* transactions.
noneemac likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:55 pm

An interesting experience lately.

I paid my utility bill by using the business card last week. Instead of getting 5x rewards, I only got 1x. I sent a message to the customer support. Today, I got the response as below:

"Thank you for contacting us about your Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card.

Upon review, we can confirm that you can earn 5 points for every $1.00 spent on utility purchases as defined as telecommunications services, cable, satellite, gas, heating oil and water as identified by the merchant category code.

Unfortunately, this merchant listed this purchase category code under "Government services not elsewhere classified". We do not have any control on how the merchant will list their category code and can not make any adjustments. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Should I complain to my local government?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by laopai
An interesting experience lately.

I paid my utility bill by using the business card last week. Instead of getting 5x rewards, I only got 1x. I sent a message to the customer support. Today, I got the response as below:

"Thank you for contacting us about your Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card.

Upon review, we can confirm that you can earn 5 points for every $1.00 spent on utility purchases as defined as telecommunications services, cable, satellite, gas, heating oil and water as identified by the merchant category code.

Unfortunately, this merchant listed this purchase category code under "Government services not elsewhere classified". We do not have any control on how the merchant will list their category code and can not make any adjustments. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Should I complain to my local government?
Can't hurt to try! I got a friend to list as a restaurant at my favorite pub =p
laopai and MojoGuru like this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 12:03 pm

I read through most of the thread but didn't see many DPs. I applied for both the Earner+ and Biz card on the same day. Both went pending. The Earner+ was approved a day later and the Biz card denied the same day. I haven't been able to call reconsideration yet due to work schedule.

It looks like it is possible to hold both. Is this because I tried to get both the same day? Should I just wait a few weeks and try again or is Barclay's too stingy?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Any Visa works at Costco for gas or instore/online purchases

On a side note the raised numbers on the Wyndham Business make it so it's difficult to insert the card, the card and pumps have Tap to Pay but TTP was not working on my pump today so I tried to insert the card with not luck as the raised numbers can be heard making a grinding noise which I guess messes things up
Old Oct 2, 2021, 8:35 pm

No card holder discount in app?

Anyone having issues with getting the 10% off points/discounted cash rate for card holders in app (Android)? I don't see them in app but I do on the website (both desktop and mobile)
Old Oct 4, 2021, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Any Visa works at Costco for gas or instore/online purchases

On a side note the raised numbers on the Wyndham Business make it so it's difficult to insert the card, the card and pumps have Tap to Pay but TTP was not working on my pump today so I tried to insert the card with not luck as the raised numbers can be heard making a grinding noise which I guess messes things up
The card numbers are normal, unless you've got a defect. I would be more suspicious of a skimmer at the pump.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MojoGuru
The card numbers are normal, unless you've got a defect. I would be more suspicious of a skimmer at the pump.
Numbers are raised ever so slightly on both of our cards and Costco pumps are sealed and checked for skimmers each shift change.

I also tried my wife's card with the same issue, I then pulled out another card and it inserted and was removed fine which is why I compared the cards and noticed the slight difference

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.