Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Wyndham Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
I actually misread this. The Ink Preferred offers a UR signup bonus. The rest offer a "cash" signup bonus which is actually UR points.

EG. For Chase Ink Cash

$750 Cash Back After You Spend $6,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening: You will receive 75,000 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for $750 cash back. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make Purchases totaling $6,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening.
"Cash Back rewards" are the rewards you earn under the program. Cash Back rewards are tracked as points and each $1 in Cash Back rewards earned is equal to 100 points. You may simply see "Cash Back" in marketing materials when referring to the rewards you earn. You may also see, "points" or "Ultimate Rewards points" when referring to the points you can use.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

How did this Wyndham Credit cards thread become a how to on UR points ?

IMO these posts belong in the Chase forum.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 5:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Cleanup needed in aisle Wyndham Credit cards, please.

There is this thread on questions RE the Business CC that has veered off topic to all cards and other issues here: Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

But news on the card portfolio really should go here, no?

Anyway, I came back here to post that the Business card SUB is, sadly, back down to 45K points from 75K points. And the value on the card is so good, I'd not be surprised to see a devalued replacement version of this card before we get another elevated signup bonus.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveH
Cleanup needed in aisle Wyndham Credit cards, please.

There is this thread on questions RE the Business CC that has veered off topic to all cards and other issues here: Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

But news on the card portfolio really should go here, no?

Anyway, I came back here to post that the Business card SUB is, sadly, back down to 45K points from 75K points. And the value on the card is so good, I'd not be surprised to see a devalued replacement version of this card before we get another elevated signup bonus.

When my wife and I got our Wyndham Business earner cards back in 2021 the SUB was 90K for spending $3K.

45K is still great especially if they keep the Caesars Diamond match.

Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card

Welcome Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days, plus earn an additional 30,000 bonus points after spending a total of $2,000 in the first 6 months, for a total of 90,000 Wyndham points. valuations.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 11:36 pm

I'm becoming less excited about having the Business Earner. My last redemption was in August 2022. The next redemption is in July 2024. It is becoming my Hell's Kitchen card, because we don't stay at Caesars properties. Most mid tier hotels want 30,000 point anymore. I don't blame them for raising their requirement, they're only getting about $45 when we redeem at 13,500 points. I have a Wyndham timeshare, the business version earns zero X on maintenance fees and incidentals, unlike my IHG card that earns 5X on Club Wyndham charges! Then there's the whole Choice Hotel potential acquisition.

For now, I'll continue to use the card for gas and Wyndham Hotel stays, but I'm done with anything below 8X earning.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer4512
When my wife and I got our Wyndham Business earner cards back in 2021 the SUB was 90K for spending $3K.

45K is still great especially if they keep the Caesars Diamond match.

Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card

Welcome Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days, plus earn an additional 30,000 bonus points after spending a total of $2,000 in the first 6 months, for a total of 90,000 Wyndham points. valuations.
Even though the link says 60K, the actual SUB remains 45K as of today (as a click through shows).

FWIW I agree that the card remains well worth it at 45K.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveH
Even though the link says 60K, the actual SUB remains 45K as of today (as a click through shows).

FWIW I agree that the card remains well worth it at 45K.

That wasn't a link to the card...............if you read it close it was a copy/paste of the 90K offer my wife and I received.

Welcome Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days, plus earn an additional 30,000 bonus points after spending a total of $2,000 in the first 6 months,for a total of 90,000 Wyndham points.

Why when I posted that it somehow links to a card review site I have never even heard of I have no idea.

The card review site says the bonus was 75K on July 28,2023 so my guess is better offers come around again.

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 21, 2023 at 12:46 am
Old Nov 26, 2023, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
That wasn't a link to the card...............if you read it close it was a copy/paste of the 90K offer my wife and I received.

Welcome Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days, plus earn an additional 30,000 bonus points after spending a total of $2,000 in the first 6 months,for a total of 90,000 Wyndham points.

Why when I posted that it somehow links to a card review site I have never even heard of I have no idea.

The card review site says the bonus was 75K on July 28,2023 so my guess is better offers come around again.
Well, if you expand the 75K details in that review, you see that it says:

"Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days and earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $10,000 within the first 12 months."

So it requires significantly more spend on the card than your original offer (which you mentioned above) did to get all 75k points.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, if you expand the 75K details in that review, you see that it says:

"Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days and earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $10,000 within the first 12 months."

So it requires significantly more spend on the card than your original offer (which you mentioned above) did to get all 75k points.

AS I SAID in the post you quoted, I didn't link ANY offer, nor did I recommend any offer, why the copy/paste of the OFFER I RECEIVED redirects to some card review site I never even heard of I have no idea.

I only posted to let the OP know better offers do come around.

If a person doesn't think the spend is worth it here is a CRAZY idea....................Don't get the card.

But good looking out, I'm sure nobody would have ever figured out a 75K offer for spending $10k is not as good as a 90K offer for spending $3k.

Maybe the mods will sticky that invaluable info you posted.

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 27, 2023 at 8:31 pm
Old Mar 30, 2024, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Does anyone know if Costco is considered grocery for the Earner+ ? I would guess no, but...
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by italdesign
Does anyone know if Costco is considered grocery for the Earner+ ? I would guess no, but...
No deal for groceries at Costco, Sam's Target or Walmart ..................but Costco gas does get 8X points on gas for the business Earner
gudugan likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 3:54 am

Any DP of the SUB posting faster than the 6-8 weeks mentioned? Or any way for Barclays do apply it manually earlier when asked nicely?
I have a vacation coming up in a month, was hoping to use the points

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2024, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fly613
Any DP of the SUB posting faster than the 6-8 weeks mentioned? Or any way for Barclays do apply it manually earlier when asked nicely?
I have a vacation coming up in a month, was hoping to use the points

Thanks!
The SUB points should post on the statement after you pass the $2k spend if you have the $2k post at least a week or so before the statement closes

FWIW make sure Barclay has your correct Wyndham # on your new card.............once again ( this has has happened to us before) for my wife's new card which she recieved yesterday Barclay created a new Wyndham account.
Fly613 likes this.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jun 10, 2024 at 9:33 pm
Old Jul 7, 2024, 6:01 pm

I applied for Earner+ card (100,000 pts for $2,000 spend) and was approved. But the card I received doesn't have Member # printed. On Barclays web site where you manage your account it says Wyndham rewards Not Enrolled.
Is this normal? I specifically remember entering my membership number on application page.

Getting a runaround when calling as well. Barclays phone number printed on card said to call Wyndham rewards, which makes zero sense. I called Wyndham rewards just for ..... and of they of course said that they can't add my rewards number to Barclays issued credit card. Called Barclays again, asking them to link my rewards number. They again said to call Wyndham number but when I pushed the response was it takes 30 days for Wyndham to verify membership number. None of this makes any sense to me.

Any suggestions?
Old Jul 7, 2024, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Zima15
I applied for Earner+ card (100,000 pts for $2,000 spend) and was approved. But the card I received doesn't have Member # printed. On Barclays web site where you manage your account it says Wyndham rewards Not Enrolled.
Is this normal? I specifically remember entering my membership number on application page.

Getting a runaround when calling as well. Barclays phone number printed on card said to call Wyndham rewards, which makes zero sense. I called Wyndham rewards just for ..... and of they of course said that they can't add my rewards number to Barclays issued credit card. Called Barclays again, asking them to link my rewards number. They again said to call Wyndham number but when I pushed the response was it takes 30 days for Wyndham to verify membership number. None of this makes any sense to me.

Any suggestions?
Call Barclays and ask them what Wyndham account number your credit card is linked to because you want to be able to track the points earned

If they give you the account number, write it down, call Wyndham rewards and ask them if they can help you create an online login for that account, making sure your name and personal details are correct.

If Barclays is unable to tell you what Wyndham account number your card is linked to, or says they don't see a Wyndham account number, ask them where your points are going.

When you apply for a Wyndham card, it is up to Barclays to link your current Wyndham account or create a new Wyndham account. If they show you don't have any Wyndham account, Barclays dropped the ball. Good Luck.

​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.